BOC SmartSaver

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"From 1 February 2018, payments done via any AXS network, utility bill payments, donations and payments to non-profit organizations (including but not limited to religious organizations) as well as government related payments (including but not limited to government purchases, court costs, fines, bail and bond payments and tax payments) classified by the Visa/Mastercard worldwide network will not be eligible for cash rebates."

Means BOC debit won't clock anymore 0.1%?

source? thought this change was for cimb

longfart

Reaction score
Hi, may I know how many cards am I supposed to receive when opening the MCS acct? I was given a Zaobao UnionPay debit card and a Chinese Cultural MasterCard debit card. Why are there 2 though?

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, may I know how many cards am I supposed to receive when opening the MCS acct? I was given a Zaobao UnionPay debit card and a Chinese Cultural MasterCard debit card. Why are there 2 though?

think its their standard SOP, i remember asking is there any annual fees, answer = no, so i didnt really bother lol.

Technically you do not need any debit card at all, it is more like a supplementary to your account to facilitate ATM withdrawals or debit txn.

mrwirus

Reaction score
Nope........referring to the BOC debit card.

We get 0.1% cashback for payment on e-AXS online using debit card rite?
yes i still get. I will diligently pay all cc bills (except the 3x $30 to qualify for the bill payment interest) via BOC debit card..

karakorum1999

Reaction score
yes i still get. I will diligently pay all cc bills (except the 3x $30 to qualify for the bill payment interest) via BOC debit card..

To get this rebate, can we use BOC online/mobile banking’s Bill Payment
function to pay for cc bills with debiting coming from Debit Card (rather than
Smart saver account which is to qualify for bill payment interest)?
Am I getting it right here?
Have not tried before.

spikeling

Reaction score
why so troublesome to pay all cc bills. just 1 time charge $10k to 1 credit card acct will do..

longfart

Reaction score
think its their standard SOP, i remember asking is there any annual fees, answer = no, so i didnt really bother lol.

Technically you do not need any debit card at all, it is more like a supplementary to your account to facilitate ATM withdrawals or debit txn.

I see, thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.