For a budget <$600

dryteletubby

Reaction score
harkyTE315052 said:
:eek::eek: cfm i wont want to get the one with lens one.

but
compact cam with gd zoom and within my budget all seen to be very old old model :s22::s22:

Got camera have no lens one mea:s13: :s13:

point and shoot cameras are a dying breed. For most people their phone is good enough. Hmm maybe you can get a telephoto lenses attachment for your phone:)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i mean dslr lens le..

phone cannot make it because zoom is not good.
Recent @ concert, i was siting @ row 4. The photo look quite decent on mobile but when put it on pc, it dont look nice haha.

But if i get dslr, i had to get power lens le. the lens not cheap if i want a good and can zoom one.
I own a neg 3.5 dslr before.. but hardly use haha. So think compact cam still better for me.

Got camera have no lens one mea:s13: :s13:

point and shoot cameras are a dying breed. For most people their phone is good enough. Hmm maybe you can get a telephoto lenses attachment for your phone:)

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
i mean dslr lens le..

phone cannot make it because zoom is not good.
Recent @ concert, i was siting @ row 4. The photo look quite decent on mobile but when put it on pc, it dont look nice haha.

But if i get dslr, i had to get power lens le. the lens not cheap if i want a good and can zoom one.
I own a neg 3.5 dslr before.. but hardly use haha. So think compact cam still better for me.

At 4th row the any dslr 18-55 kit lens should be long enough or any other camera with an equivalent focal length.

At esplanade in back seats using the sigma 60mm lens I could not the entire stage into frame:s22:

painbowslash

Reaction score
have you decided on a camera yet? :s13::s13:

side note:
i'm also a beginner with around 600-1k budget, looking at a entry level mirrorless to use for my photography cca sessions etc.

would the eos m10 or a6000 be a good pick?

lazada has the m10 at $480 and the a6000 at $850, and ive also heard people say I shouldnt buy mirrorless when learning or something like that.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13: u think everytime got 4th row to seat meh??

but bring dslr in is kindly tricky. Will tio caught and take away the camera le.

At 4th row the any dslr 18-55 kit lens should be long enough or any other camera with an equivalent focal length.

At esplanade in back seats using the sigma 60mm lens I could not the entire stage into frame:s22:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

side note:
i'm also a beginner with around 600-1k budget, looking at a entry level mirrorless to use for my photography cca sessions etc.

lazada has the m10 at $480 and the a6000 at $850, and ive also heard people say I shouldnt buy mirrorless when learning or something like that.

nikon d3400 is 540 at lazada and it comes with a nice kit lens.

m10 pricing is ok but comes with EF-M mount which limits your lens choice unless you spend more money on adapter. no viewfinder.

a6000 is the most advanced camera choice but the kit lens image quality is really bad.

a5000 is a more basic sony option, no viewfinder and less than 450 before discounts on qoo10.

dryteletubby

Reaction score

m10 pricing is ok but comes with EF-M mount which limits your lens choice unless you spend more money on adapter. no viewfinder.

a6000 is the most advanced camera choice but the kit lens image quality is really bad.

a5000 is a more basic sony option, no viewfinder and less than 450 before discounts on qoo10.
The kit lens is less sharp only if you are shooting wide open and pixel peeping on the corners

Stop down it is sharp enough
This is taken by the a6000 with kit lens

https://flic.kr/p/MgQqtf
Pardon the low resolution. It was compressed to 16MP on Google photos before uploading to Flickr

Last edited:

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of budget DSLRs that are a few years old models were great cameras when they were just launched. I believe there is more value in getting them at a very low price (as 2nd-hand) to learn photography.

I chance upon this interesting website that summarises the essentials of photography skills for beginners (like myself):

9 Tips for Composing the Perfect Picture

From the Rule of Thirds to symmetry, Steve McCurry's photos show you how you step up your photography game.

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/9an3d7/9-tips-for-composing-the-perfect-picture

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

side note:

if i am u...i just pick m10 for price & touchscreen.

the only selling point about a6000 is 179 focus points.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The lack of a self-cleaning mechanism for D3400 lens bothers me a lot as our air is dusty and oily. You will notice this if you clean your windows or flat surfaces. That's why I decide to skip this model for the older D5000 model.

awesomania

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this tread. But with a budget of 800-1000, between a A6000 and a RX100 III, which will you all pick?

In term of image quality wise, seem like mirrorless A6000 will definitely be far more superior?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

dryteletubby

Reaction score
:s13::s13: u think everytime got 4th row to seat meh??

but bring dslr in is kindly tricky. Will tio caught and take away the camera le.

What's their logic? If point and shoot or phone camera they think you are amateur and not bother you. But with a dlsr you must be pro and cannot use your camera as you will sell the videos online:s22:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13::s13:

haha so far i nv see them take away compact cam but of cos taking video with both will tio warning. U very surprise even taking video with mobile also will get warning. Maybe if u watch concert @ RWS. But for dslr, most of the time they ask u to keep in their drawer :s22: (indoor or RWS)

For indoor stadium, they will check ur bag before u go in. So need to hid the dslr :p

This is SG logic le.
it wont happen in oversea.

What's their logic? If point and shoot or phone camera they think you are amateur and not bother you. But with a dlsr you must be pro and cannot use your camera as you will sell the videos online:s22:

Last edited:

tjrsasea

Reaction score

side note:

with your budget, i would go straight up to the D5500. 24 megapixels, native ISO up to 25600, touchscreen, articulating screen, 5fps, 1080p 60fps video no crop, 39 focus point 9 cross types (not alot but it focuses fast), great battery life, WiFi enabled and its like ~$700 if you get the second hand one. Brand new should be less than a thousand. :D

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this tread. But with a budget of 800-1000, between a A6000 and a RX100 III, which will you all pick?

In term of image quality wise, seem like mirrorless A6000 will definitely be far more superior?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Under low light rx100m3 is better than the sony kit lens

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i wait for next fair thn get.. hope to get more freebie.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wait for next fair thn get.. hope to get more freebie.

i FOUND 1 that suit you!! :D qoo with voucher, nikon j5 $364

Canon-EOS-M10-vs-Nikon-1-J5-top-view-size-comparison.jpg

Video test

Review

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.