[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this month free game is rubbish sia, 2 lousy game smmore,

are we paying lesser than the rest of the region?

no right?

so where is the fairness and equality?

can give US many free good games but not asia?

_l_ sony

Asia is paying less what, 12 months $44 SGD compared to $60 USD for US.

US May 2018 get Rayman Legends and Beyond Two Souls.
Asia May 2018 get Rayman Legends, Trackmania Turbo and Eufloria HD.

There are months where extra games have been added after the intial PS+ lineup.

Unless you really desperate for PS3/Vita games like Risen 3: Titan Lords, PS3
Eat Them!, PS3 King Oddball, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS3 and PS4) Furmins, PS Vita then I nothing to say. :s22:

qwertified

Reaction score
this month free game is rubbish sia, 2 lousy game smmore,

are we paying lesser than the rest of the region?

no right?

so where is the fairness and equality?

can give US many free good games but not asia?

_l_ sony

Way less dude, 43.90sgd vs 80sgd (assuming 0 exchange difference which is impossible)..

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Way less dude, 43.90sgd vs 80sgd (assuming 0 exchange difference which is impossible)..

If that is so, they shud charge us more, and give better free games every month, people wont complain when money are well worth spend,

But when money are spend and yet people dun feel like they are been feed good enough, confirm will complain.

Sometimes feel like jumping over to US PSN. Duno allow anot?

But yet if jump over, my trophy all stuck in asia acct.... N friend list too...

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Lots of Bioshock vibe in this one, very creative visuals in the world design, but got a feeling the actual game play (fps) will suck though. They also have a VR game set in the same world.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, $45 for 1 year with at least 2 games per month I think is very good value for money.

The Bioshock Collection now only at $28, I never played any of them so very good value for me too.

Actually way back then bought the Bioshock 2 Collector Edition for PS3, till now still have not opened yet. Also bought the Street Fighter IV Joystick Combo Edition back then and yet to be opened. Haha...

The PS3 joystick should be compatible with PS4 right?

qwertified

Reaction score
Come to think of it, $45 for 1 year with at least 2 games per month I think is very good value for money.

The Bioshock Collection now only at $28, I never played any of them so very good value for me too.

Actually way back then bought the Bioshock 2 Collector Edition for PS3, till now still have not opened yet. Also bought the Street Fighter IV Joystick Combo Edition back then and yet to be opened. Haha...

The PS3 joystick should be compatible with PS4 right?

No, joysticks for PS3 and PS4 are mostly not cross-compatible. Usually older joysticks don't work on PS4.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

The Bioshock Collection on sale at Asia/SG psn store doesn't have additional PS+ discount, so being a subscriber doesn't benefit you in this case. Whereas it was on sale on the US store at the end of March, at US$11.99 for PS+ members, US$17.99 for non-members. If you are one who's going to buy a lot of digital games, that's the sort of advantage the US PS+ has (lots of sales, better prices, additional PS+ discounts). Even though US PS+ costs more, you get back more.

Bioshock Collection price history:
US: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/271018/bioshock-the-collection
SG: https://psprices.com/region-sg/game/883176/bioshock-the-collection

As for the monthly free games, US/EU commit to 2x PS4, 2x PS3, 2x vita each month (some are cross-buy, which means you still get 6 unique games but some platforms have more than 2). SG/Asia doesn't promise anything at all, sometimes you get 3 games (like this month), some times 4.

Very often SG/Asia gives repeated games (they already gave that game free before, but now give it again). When repeat accidentally happened in US/EU, I think like once or twice only, they apologised and offered additional game to make up for it. When repeats intentionally happen in SG/Asia, like 5-8 times a year, they act like there's nothing wrong and think people won't notice.

Sometimes you get Chinese or Japanese games (still count under the 3-4). Sometimes they give Chinese or Japanese game but only to HK/TW. So HK/TW gets 4 games, SG gets 3, even if the same game has English version we get nothing. I don't know Japanese but I still want the Japanese game leh, I anyhow whack phew phew phew also song what, not to mention that many players can actually read Japanese. We pay the same subscription fee but become 4th class citizens, that's fairness and equality, uniquely Asia.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, so complicated.

I just play the games, Bioshock price of $28 good enough for me to buy, don't have to be the lowest ever. :D

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone playing Dragon Quest XI?

I noticed the main characters like don't change uniform graphics, which ever clothing I choose they'd still show the original uniform graphics, is this a bug?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone playing Dragon Quest XI?

I noticed the main characters like don't change uniform graphics, which ever clothing I choose they'd still show the original uniform graphics, is this a bug?
Equipped armor items will not be shown visually (weapons will be shown though). There are specific sets (each made up of 1 to 3 items) that will change the appearance. Each character has 4 to 8 such sets (they cheated though, a few sets look exactly the same). You can check the description of the item, if it's part of such set, it will say something like "appearance will change when equipped together with <some other items>". There's a time-consuming trophy for collecting all such sets.

015440mowuc3o3062wk6cw.jpg

0154510w7ud0wu7pdooop7.jpg

015506l4aqyhy2y0054dsw.jpg

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If that is so, they shud charge us more, and give better free games every month, people wont complain when money are well worth spend,

But when money are spend and yet people dun feel like they are been feed good enough, confirm will complain.

Sometimes feel like jumping over to US PSN. Duno allow anot?

But yet if jump over, my trophy all stuck in asia acct.... N friend list too...

Asia PS+ is less than $4 per month, bro. Pay peanuts get monkeys. :s22:

I rather pay MUCH less and maybe get good games, just need the online. If free games are good, fine, if not no big loss. Don't like buying digital anyway, majority of my games are physical.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Equipped armor items will not be shown visually (weapons will be shown though). There are specific sets (each made up of 1 to 3 items) that will change the appearance. Each character has 4 to 8 such sets (they cheated though, a few sets look exactly the same). You can check the description of the item, if it's part of such set, it will say something like "appearance will change when equipped together with <some other items>". There's a time-consuming trophy for collecting all such sets.

Thanks for the reply. Get used to playing White Knight Chronicles PS3 with the armour changes, so feels like a bit backwards playing this game without the visual changes. Weird that they show the character and allow you to change view angle etc and yet most of the clothings no graphics.

Also no voice at all! Even though had played DQVII and DQVIII on previous systems, still cannot get used to it.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Get used to playing White Knight Chronicles PS3 with the armour changes, so feels like a bit backwards playing this game without the visual changes. Weird that they show the character and allow you to change view angle etc and yet most of the clothings no graphics.

Also no voice at all! Even though had played DQVII and DQVIII on previous systems, still cannot get used to it.
There are too many armor pieces in DQ11 and a lot of them just don't make sense when worn together. If they show visually then there will be lots of clipping (sword passing through cape, boots passing through robe, that sort of thing). And they will have to make male/female, fat/thin, kid version of each piece, too complicated liao. It's better that they just have a few sets and make sure those work than trying to cater to all combinations, after all DQ doesn't really do paper doll system. The recent Ni no Kuni 2 works the same way too, but with far less sets (their sets are completely independent of what pieces you equip.)

As for voice, ya, a bit disappointing. Though traditionally DQ series never had voice, but the 2 DQ Warriors game added voice for the first time. Their explanation is that they were still changing the script till the very end, so didn't have time to record and re-record voices. I guess it's better to have no voice than have partial voice, like for each dialog only the first sentence is spoken or just a generic phrase not even in the dialog box, as seen in Ni no Kuni 2. The upcoming English release of DQ11 will have English voice though (I never choose English VO in JRPG unless bo bian, so I don't care for that).

shin7829

Reaction score
There are too many armor pieces in DQ11 and a lot of them just don't make sense when worn together. If they show visually then there will be lots of clipping (sword passing through cape, boots passing through robe, that sort of thing). And they will have to make male/female, fat/thin, kid version of each piece, too complicated liao. It's better that they just have a few sets and make sure those work than trying to cater to all combinations, after all DQ doesn't really do paper doll system. The recent Ni no Kuni 2 works the same way too, but with far less sets (their sets are completely independent of what pieces you equip.)

As for voice, ya, a bit disappointing. Though traditionally DQ series never had voice, but the 2 DQ Warriors game added voice for the first time. Their explanation is that they were still changing the script till the very end, so didn't have time to record and re-record voices. I guess it's better to have no voice than have partial voice, like for each dialog only the first sentence is spoken or just a generic phrase not even in the dialog box, as seen in Ni no Kuni 2. The upcoming English release of DQ11 will have English voice though (I never choose English VO in JRPG unless bo bian, so I don't care for that).

Lol
I dont know what purpose it serve to just add a groan,shout,funny one word thingy in most of their normal dialogue.might as well mute those normal dialogue.

It can be annoying whenever u talk to some and they go arghhh shaaaaaa ooooohhh whatever lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.