Do u use water filter at home?

matcha18

Reaction score
buy with faucet, call contractor install, mine do it FOC during reno because how easy or simple it is.

jestac on and off got call me about taking 3 at a price, which calculated come to about $100sgd/pcs

Hi,

thinking of ordering the complete set with faucet. How do you find it so far?
Is the water flow ok, faucet durable?

Thanks.

gascon7

Reaction score
As a minimum, you'll need 2 basic filters.

1. Sediment filter - filters sand, dirt, particles that pass through water system, protects more expensive filter down the line.
2. Carbon filter - filters chlorine, bad taste

Then the filters need to change regularly.
When to change depends on the volume passing through.
Typically, 6 months -2 years (if water is very clean)

Don't skip the sediment filter, it's the first line of protection. I made this mistake.
True. You also don't want fluoride in the water.
And though Alkali water is good, drinking it while eating isn't so good because it neutralize your stomach acids.
Not so simple to just buy the undersink filter.

idrinkmilkmilk

Reaction score
for those who use Brita, where do you buy the cartridges? I see some that say the filter last for a month then another seller say 2 months, which is genuine? :s11::s11:

Illumuniate

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh actually quite good leh.

I mean makes sense ah since it travel through many metal pipes, dunno how long didn't wash liao

tfkmueh

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

thinking of ordering the complete set with faucet. How do you find it so far?
Is the water flow ok, faucet durable?

Thanks.

Faucet quite durable i am more worried my sink is the one not durable.

Also asked ur installer to lock-tite the handle of the faucet, the one u use to turn on the water.

Water pressure depend on the HDB or condo water pressure but because the smaller piping, it is definitely stronger than my default hdb flow.

In fact now i wash plate i prefer to use the filter water faucet.

matcha18

Reaction score
Faucet quite durable i am more worried my sink is the one not durable.

Also asked ur installer to lock-tite the handle of the faucet, the one u use to turn on the water.

Water pressure depend on the HDB or condo water pressure but because the smaller piping, it is definitely stronger than my default hdb flow.

In fact now i wash plate i prefer to use the filter water faucet.

Did you get a plumber to set up or easy to DIY? How long can the filter last? Need to change any membrane? Thanks.

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u know algae & bacteria can start growing in your filter? when as you said, the water clogged or even the anti-bacterial layer is worn off.

one of the reason filter need to change is to remove the dirt and algae build up, unless the filter is washable & re-useable.

bro Amalamia is abit wrong to say what he says :s13:

basically Ruhens every 1.5 years need change filter, when they come to your house to change, they will charge $50+ servicing fee in which they will clean your system, ALL of it.

Amalamia

Reaction score
bro Amalamia is abit wrong to say what he says :s13:

basically Ruhens every 1.5 years need change filter, when they come to your house to change, they will charge $50+ servicing fee in which they will clean your system, ALL of it.
$

$30 nett for every 1 and a half years bro, for changing of filters and servicing of dispeaer, okay la haha.

chowwk

Reaction score
nPsuoXRl.jpg

F8OuaFnl.jpg

$160/year... reasonably affordable

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Despacito

Reaction score
Yea i do ... mine is diamond water ... i think from amway ... my mum loves it always remind me to use it even tho sometimes i lazy to use it lol

tfkmueh

Banned
Reaction score
Did you get a plumber to set up or easy to DIY? How long can the filter last? Need to change any membrane? Thanks.

Jestac come to fix it up foc when my house being renovated.

Diy i presume is easy as need drill at sink & mount with 2 screw the tube filter.

I usually annually changed, 2nd time change i got go cut open the tube to see the filter quality, was surprised that it is relatively quite clean, i reckon 1.5yrs also no issue.

Recommended replacement is 6 months or 5000L of water flow iirc.

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Jestac come to fix it up foc when my house being renovated.

Diy i presume is easy as need drill at sink & mount with 2 screw the tube filter.

I usually annually changed, 2nd time change i got go cut open the tube to see the filter quality, was surprised that it is relatively quite clean, i reckon 1.5yrs also no issue.

Recommended replacement is 6 months or 5000L of water flow iirc.

Means PUB water already quite clean. Overkill just for some self assurance

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Safe To Drink From the Tap Due to sound watershed management, effective water treatment processes and continued investments in R&D, Singaporeans have been enjoying good quality water for the last five decades. Singapore’s tap water is well within the World Health Organisation drinking water guidelines, and is suitable for drinking without any further filtration. - See more at: http://www.pub.gov.sg/water/Pages/default.aspx#sthash.d9BHzkjK.dpuf

Can these prevent you from drinking corpse water from the water tank on top of the HDB block?

:s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.