Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi. like to confirm. supp card for dining earns 10% for dining or 2%?
ok 10%

got the ans

c) Additional Cash Rebate
A Card Account which qualifies for Family Cash Rebate will be awarded a 2% cash
rebate (“Additional Cash Rebate”) on other spend (which, for the avoidance of
doubt, excludes spend categories on Dining and Movies, Online purchases, and
Supermarkets, Hospital bills, NETS FlashPay ATU, Selected Merchants and
Telecommunication bills that earn Family Cash Rebate higher than 0.3%) charged to
Supplementary Card(s) if a minimum aggregate spend of S$200 is charged to such
Supplementary Card(s) in a billing cycle.
The total Additional Cash Rebate is capped at S$20 per Card Account per billing cycle.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now the online rebate shall be full 5% given on the last day of the cycle?

also anyone tried paying for aviva insurance and get the 5%?

yiron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried paying using BOC family card at Mt Alvernia and managed to get 5%?

mk2rick

Reaction score
Online spends on BOC Family Card

Hi all,
I just saw that airbnb spending on this card is not considered online spend and does not qualify for the online 5% rebates. Can anyone confirm this please?

Feel so cheated if that is true as I have been charging my airbnb spending to this card!

thx in adv!

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just saw that airbnb spending on this card is not considered online spend and does not qualify for the online 5% rebates. Can anyone confirm this please?

Feel so cheated if that is true as I have been charging my airbnb spending to this card!

thx in adv!
Where u saw?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

thx in adv!

u can verify 0.5% will be awarded first, 4.5% online will be awarded b4 next bill cycle under the old T&C.

is your bill freshly generated? if your bill just came out, hold on till the next BC when 4.5% rebate is posted.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
u can verify 0.5% will be awarded first, 4.5% online will be awarded b4 next bill cycle under the old T&C.

is your bill freshly generated? if your bill just came out, hold on till the next BC when 4.5% rebate is posted.

In the new TnC, online 4.5% still come later?

hwz_zx

Reaction score
with the changes to DBS Live Fresh card, this is the only card left that i can use to pay 1 lump sum to telco online and still qualify for 5%?

i think just need to pay $700 one shot

(if paying online belongs to the telco category, capped at $40 rebate which is $800)

Anyone tried to pay Telco (Singtel online) and get 5% rebate under the Telco instead of online category?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.