Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i just received an offer from someone to help craft my itinerary.

Has anyone ever used this service from this website before?

1) Visit our blog at: (www.viahero.com/blog/), and click into one of the Japan blog posts. At the bottom of the blog post's window, there will be a small pop-up to enter your email and it offers you, at random, either a discount (of 5, 10, or 20%) or a free day (referred to as a "First Day Free"); you may get the free day offer when you first enter the blog post, or you can refresh the page until you do see it.

2) Once you see the free day deal pop-up, enter your email address, click the button on the right, and you'll be given a choice to start trip planning. You'll also get an email (if you need more time) that contains a link for the free day, which will forward you back to the website to cash in the deal.

3) Once on the website, select the desired country (Japan) and hero (me, Andre), and book me for just 1 day at NO COST to you! You can fill out your interests, what you want to do for that day, where you want to go, and more. I will then help you prepare a detailed, in-depth itinerary for that particular day (including food, lodging, transport, activities, general maps/Google maps, etc); this will also be downloadable and visible on the Trip Plans app (no WiFi or data required). Outside of that day, I'll continue to give recommendations and advice for your entire trip on a general basis, as I have done so far.

Looks like a paid service. Interesting concept.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/12234365-74/pittsburgh-startup-viahero-personalizes-your-trip

laeticia

Reaction score
What mode of transport would be ideal if I am heading to Haneda Airport from Shinjuku around 6 or 7 pm (peak hour)
I took limousine bus cos there is a stop at the hotel next door, less than 1 hr to reach Haneda and very convenient since I have lots of luggage. If need be just take an earlier bus?

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

IMANOOB

Reaction score
Hi,

one of my trips will require me to take the nankai limited express ticket from Osaka.

Can i buy this ticket in advance from one of the JR stations during my stay in Osaka?

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

one of my trips will require me to take the nankai limited express ticket from Osaka.

Can i buy this ticket in advance from one of the JR stations during my stay in Osaka?

This is private rail line, you cannot buy it at any JR station.

If you are at a station with JR and private lines running through, you will see that you might have to exit JR gate and enter private railway gate in order to take the private trains.

Some of them are more extreme, you have to exit from the station and enter another station. E.g. JR Ueno and Keisei Ueno stations.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you mean nankai rapit one way to KIX, you can order from klook & exchange at Osaka City Air Terminal @ Namba
Hi,

IMANOOB

Reaction score
if you mean nankai rapit one way to KIX, you can order from klook & exchange at Osaka City Air Terminal @ Namba

Yeah that's the one i want. Can i just buy it in Osaka? Or any office i can visit in Osaka of which i can buy the 1100 yen something pass for my morning ride at 0710 am.

IMANOOB

Reaction score
alright, and i'm able to purchase them early before my appointed date of travel correct?

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, below are my agar agar plans for 15-22 may

6 full days + about half a day on the day i fly in, my return flight is in the morning

i'm staying at shinjuku area, Higashi-Shinjuku Station to be exact...

day 1
- buy fuji hakone pass and romancecar at visitor centre

buy bus tickets for next 3 days
- Bus to Shimo Yoshida from Shinjuku (for Kawaguchiko), 17 may
- Bus to Shinjuku from Kawaguchiko (for Kawaguchiko, covered by Fuji Hakone Pass), 17 may
- Bus to Shinjuku from Kawaguchiko (for Mt Mitsutoge), 18 May

- Yoyogi Park
- Harajuku
- Omotesando
- Roppongi

day 2
hakone

day 3
kawaguchiko

day 4
mt mitsutoge

day 5, 6 and 7
3 (or a combo) of the following
- mt takao
- mt mitake+hinode
- asakusa
- enoshima
- odaiba

food
some of the food places i plan to try if the Q is not too mad
- ukai toriyama (mt takao)
- Tsuta 蔦 (ramen)
- 鳴龍 (Nakiryu) (ramen)
- Omoide Yokocho (various food)
- Ichiran
- Ebisu Yokocho (various food)
- Fuunji (風雲児) (ramen)
- Shin Udon (慎) (udon)
- 東池袋 大勝軒 (ramen)
- Yakiniku Champion

can advise, especially for my plans for days 5, 6 and 7, including additional places to eat and see? thanks!

im not a shopper, more of a sight seeing / hiking person, also dun mind walk around see see and chill...
any comments/advices? thanks!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any comments/advices? thanks!

for day 5,6,7, mt takao will probably be a whole day, mt mitake also. but u can plan for things to do in the evening/night back in tokyo city.
u can consider going kamakura if u are going enoshima, since it is along the way.
asakusa+odaiba can be a full day. u can consider going kappabashi or skytree near asakusa.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Anyone stayed in either Hotel Trusty Nagoya or Nishitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki?
reviews are like quite extreme. Trusty is cheaper though. or any other recommendations?

Thinking of basing out of Nagoya for 7D6N, doing day trips out. Travelling solo so itinerary very flexible.

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
If I traveling to from Kyoto Station to Shinjuku station and using Shinkansen, which station is easier to transit with luggages? Tokyo Station or Shinagawa?

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments!

for day 5,6,7, mt takao will probably be a whole day, mt mitake also. but u can plan for things to do in the evening/night back in tokyo city.
u can consider going kamakura if u are going enoshima, since it is along the way.
asakusa+odaiba can be a full day. u can consider going kappabashi or skytree near asakusa.

chemcutie

Reaction score
If given the following choices which shld I choose, I’m gg from nagoya to Namba (hotel near namba subway station):

1) Kintetsu cost: ~4300jpy time: ~2hrs
2) Kodama shinkansen cost: ~4400jpy (using Platt Kodama) time: ~1+hrs need to change subway

My frens have never taken shinkansen. Kodama is the slowest version. Cost is an issue hence no nozomi or hikari. We have only cabin baggage. Time not an issue.

(It’s a pity kintetsu rail pass got rid for the 2 free seat reservation and limited express option. Else it will be my choice.)

Last edited:

chemcutie

Reaction score
If I traveling to from Kyoto Station to Shinjuku station and using Shinkansen, which station is easier to transit with luggages? Tokyo Station or Shinagawa?

My preference is shinagawa Cos I find it less messy and complicated. But it will also depend on where u are staying and will line u gg to change to.

grynove

Reaction score
been to japan many times. however next month school holiday. will be going to nagoya for first time. need some suggestion on itinerary.
im a free and easy guy. travelling with kids.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought the choice is obvious? and the shinkansen tickets are good value considering they are 30% off (provided you could get these Platt tickets). besides it's only 100jpy diff

or can go slow travel with kintetsu 5 day pass @ 3500jpy, stop by nara / kyoto before you heading to hotel @ namba

If given the following choices which shld I choose, I’m gg from nagoya to Namba (hotel near namba subway station):

1) Kintetsu cost: ~4300jpy time: ~2hrs
2) Kodama shinkansen cost: ~4400jpy (using Platt Kodama) time: ~1+hrs need to change subway

My frens have never taken shinkansen. Kodama is the slowest version. Cost is an issue hence no nozomi or hikari. We have only cabin baggage. Time not an issue.

(It’s a pity kintetsu rail pass got rid for the 2 free seat reservation and limited express option. Else it will be my choice.)

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been to japan many times. however next month school holiday. will be going to nagoya for first time. need some suggestion on itinerary.
im a free and easy guy. travelling with kids.

Nagoya has the new legoland but with mixed reviews.

chemcutie

Reaction score
i thought the choice is obvious? and the shinkansen tickets are good value considering they are 30% off (provided you could get these Platt tickets). besides it's only 100jpy diff

or can go slow travel with kintetsu 5 day pass @ 3500jpy, stop by nara / kyoto before you heading to hotel @ namba

I abit lazy to change trains. but ya since its one of the frens 1st trip and they all no sit shinkansen before, maybe its good to take it.

the Kintetsu 5 days pass not as worthwhile liao. Nagoya to Namba need to pay ard 2000jpy more for the limited express fee. last time this was covered but now no more liao :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.