Which card/promo to spend $1,157 on?

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi gurus,

I am going to make a $1,157 purchase online from Aftershock.

Which card can I best maximize this on? Any on-going promos where I can leverage this big 1 time spend to hit the minimum spend to get their freebies or something?

Thanks!

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
First time first... Miles or **...

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
First time first... Miles or **...

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Oh yes ps.

**. Initially was considering miles but miles would take toooo long to be useful based on my small monthly spends.

Thanks!

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quickly apply for DBS live fresh. Try to make the transaction by end of May before the new TnC kicks in.

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Quickly apply for DBS live fresh. Try to make the transaction by end of May before the new TnC kicks in.

interesting.

so if i applied for DBS Live Fresh and made the purchase within May, i will get

Sign-up gift S$100 cashback
+
$60 cashback for hitting the minimum $600 spend?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting.

so if i applied for DBS Live Fresh and made the purchase within May, i will get

Sign-up gift S$100 cashback
+
$60 cashback for hitting the minimum $600 spend?

think it is Sign-up gift S$100 cashback + 5% rebate (capped at $60)

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
think it is Sign-up gift S$100 cashback + 5% rebate (capped at $60)

I was reading the DBS Live Fresh thread and it seems that this card has a minimum spend requirement which i may not be able to hit moving forward.

It that case will it be better if i went with SC Spree?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
I was reading the DBS Live Fresh thread and it seems that this card has a minimum spend requirement which i may not be able to hit moving forward.

Why care about subsequent use? You can cut the card if it does not fit your spending.

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Why care about subsequent use? You can cut the card if it does not fit your spending.

So the recommendation would be to get DBS Live Fresh, get the promo $100 cashback, make my purchase to get the $60 cashback, then cancel the card? :s13:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just go for the best option first.

What card to use subsequently is a separate issue. What is your envisaged spending pattern?

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Just go for the best option first.

What card to use subsequently is a separate issue. What is your envisaged spending pattern?

My worry is that if there is a minimum commitment period to the card and I can't cancel it after that.

~$200 on petrol which I intend to go for DBS Esso. The rest of my cashless spend should be ~$100 only.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My worry is that if there is a minimum commitment period to the card and I can't cancel it after that.

~$200 on petrol which I intend to go for DBS Esso. The rest of my cashless spend should be ~$100 only.

There should not be any min commitment period, just need to wait for the rebates/cashback to be credited. Even if need to keep the card there is no issue ma.

You can also consider Citi SMRT or HSBC advance for no min spend rebate cards.

Yachtmaster

Reaction score
Why do you care about "Moving forward"? CC is a month-by-month basis thing. After using this month then put it in your drawer simple!

U want to spend 1157 this month and Trazora has already given you the perfect answer for this and you still want to consider spree 3%. Lol

Last edited:

kyuushin

Master Member
Reaction score
Why do you care about "Moving forward"? CC is a month-by-month basis thing. After using this month then put it in your drawer simple!

U want to spend 1157 this month and Trazora has already given you the perfect answer for this and you still want to consider spree 3%. Lol

Just want to ensure that I do not get penalized for not hitting the minimum spend in the subsequent months. And because I am not sure, hence asking :s12:

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Just want to ensure that I do not get penalized for not hitting the minimum spend in the subsequent months. And because I am not sure, hence asking :s12:

There are no penalty. If cannot hit minimum spend wont get 5% cashback thats all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.