11 days in Italy mid sept, pls advice!

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going in July, any tips?

Heard the gypsies and pickpockets are out in full force in summer!

Whenever I travel in Europe. I don't carry a wallet where I put EVERYTHING inside. I only carry the amounts that I would spend on that day and spilt the amounts into different pockets. Credit cards and passport are hiding underneath my jacket.

Constellar Timepieces

Reaction score
It is quite easy to navigate around in Italy. The only concern would be the the entering the Vatican, might be quite confusing to some. You can get pretty good prices around the Vatican metro area, good rates for students

Constellar Timepieces

Reaction score
It is easy to travel from city to city. Check out Trenitalia to purchase your train tickets. Btw you need not print out the purchased tickets, all you have to do is to get into the right train and show the train conductor the e-ticket on your phone or mobile device when he conducts his check.

As for safety wise, probably have to look out for "helpful" locals, especially in the train stations.
Some will volunteer to help you to purchase the tickets, count the change in front of you, and then make away with part of your change (Personal experiences). There are some con men who blatantly do so in the actual Trenitalia or other train company's service counters so do be careful and look out for those who don the company's vest.

Constellar Timepieces

Reaction score
Get an anti-theft backpack. There's a pretty good one from pac safe. It has an anti-RFID pocket, slash proof mesh layer and a lockable zip so you can pretty much leave your wallet and other valuables inside and unlock it only when you need them. Rather travel in peace then to worry about getting your valuables stolen. I spent 2-3 months travelling and have not been a target (or so i hope), might be the bag that deterred them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.