kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RobertLustigMD/status/988886981441536001

Robert Lustig MD
‏@RobertLustigMD
Follow Follow @RobertLustigMD
More
"We would now like to explain why sugar is the culprit and not fat. The main reason is that your body fat, also known as endogenous fat, is not made from exogenous fat but exogenous sugar. In other words, the sugar you eat makes you fat." @DrAseemMalhotra

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/editors-corner/a-new-dietary-revolution-in-europe/

A new dietary revolution in Europe?

Phil Randal@philrandal
Apr 24
More
Replying to @RobertLustigMD @DrAseemMalhotra
In a similar way, eating food high in cholesterol doesn't give you high blood cholesterol. It's a myth that what you eat (fat, cholesterol) survives the digestive tract intact and does bad things to you. Crazy that so-called experts have gotten away with this nonsense for so long

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
If u eat high fat diet which means more calries, u will put on weight and eventually may get DM because overweight pple r more likely to get DM.

yonglimm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And post a picture of your body too, kpc
We will be the judges

Sent from Post Turtle using GAGT

na...gpgt...

Fat-Pig-Midea-Branding-in-Asia-.jpg

:s13::s13::s13::s13:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OMG - No BLIND bowing to so-called health authorities such as WHO for me - they were SO Wrong demonising coconut oil - we must be able to think & rationalise independently etc

https://twitter.com/gillespi/status/996219761401806848

David Gillespie
‏@gillespi
Follow Follow @gillespi
More David Gillespie Retweeted Alexandra Jones
Unfortunately this 'initiative' is not remotely based on science. They want trans fats (made from seed oils) replaced with seed oils. Seed Oils not made into trans fats are even more deadly than the ones that are. The WHO initiative will massively accelerate chronic disease

Alexandra Jones
@alikjones
This is an important initiative. There is no place for transfat in the global food supply. Industry must voluntarily remove, or face totally reasonable regulation. https://twitter.com/LinaMahyl/status/996107761279791108 …

7:44 PM - 14 May 2018

Joris Snellenburg
‏@jsnellenburg
5h5 hours ago
More
Replying to @gillespi
I fully agree with the notion of avoiding seed oils, but could you elaborate on how (unstable) (polyunsaturated) (rich-in-ω6) seed oils are even more dangerous than trans fat? Because that could help to convince a lay person who is already aware of the danger of trans fat.

David Gillespie
‏@gillespi
5h5 hours ago
More
Unstable ω6 significantly increases cell membrane oxidation and (as a consequence) DNA damage. The process is almost identical to how smoking causes cancer but distributed throughout every cell in the body. My book Toxic Oil goes into it in more detail.

Melody PattisonMehta
‏@MelodyMehta
3h3 hours ago
More
Replying to @gillespi
I completely agree. These "public health policy" groups can be shockingly clueless. They also fail to distinguish between natural and synthetic/industrial trans fats. Big difference!

Joseph Emmanuel
‏@CancerRideOct
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @gillespi
This is just plain wrong, talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something light now ... :s13: :s22: :D

https://twitter.com/bigfatsurprise/status/996199404129398784

Nina Teicholz
‏@bigfatsurprise
Follow Follow @bigfatsurprise
More
Like the Queen of England, @realDonaldTrump is (sometimes) low-carb. He eats burgers w/ only partial bun + only the toppings on his pizza, according to a report. A diet to bring together world leaders? Diet of the @Queen_UK https://www.dietdoctor.com/queen-elisabeth-eats-low-carb … Trump:

_Q3AsjQq

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-burger-bun_us_5af90079e4b00d7e4c1bcf64?ncid=APPLENEWS00001

Trump Changed His Burger Order To Make It A Little Healthier

Now Rudy Giuliani’s spilling the beans on the president’s diet efforts, too.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u eat high fat diet which means more calries, u will put on weight and eventually may get DM because overweight pple r more likely to get DM.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I admit defeat - I give up (God help me here)
simply too exhausting on my patience & good sense etc
trying to make some xxxxxx SEE LC(HF) Logic & Sense :s8: :s11:

Do me a favour pls mummy1234
Don't let engage further on this discussion
I'll be much better off WITHOUT you here
At least can preserve my sanity LOL

You Can continue to wallow in smugness in your Misinformation etc

Last edited:

fishbuff

Suspended
Reaction score

dont talk about others... show us a picture of your physique first, then we can talk.

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kpc, since u practise what u preach, I'm curious what is ur height and weight? i would assume u r on the slim end of the spectrum judging from ur meal photos.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score

Do me a favour pls mummy1234
Don't let engage further on this discussion
I'll be much better off WITHOUT you here
At least can preserve my sanity LOL

You Can continue to wallow in smugness in your Misinformation etc

If yr diet and lifestyle was so ideal, u wouldn't be a diabetic pt in the first place.

I don't have a big issue with LCHF but don't put down statins and promote too many eggs a day and eat such oily snd deep fried food and claim it is healthy. Too much fats in yr diet as in visible fats is also not healthy.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only succeeded with a 24 hr fast sighsss

Today's total food at dinner - quite Low Carb LC
- Fish
- Pork Rib Carrot Soup
YKkHNJ8.jpg

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If yr diet and lifestyle was so ideal, u wouldn't be a diabetic pt in the first place.

I don't have a big issue with LCHF but don't put down statins and promote too many eggs a day and eat such oily snd deep fried food and claim it is healthy. Too much fats in yr diet as in visible fats is also not healthy.

1. "If yr diet and lifestyle was so ideal, u wouldn't be a diabetic pt in the first place."

Oh my - you are completely clueless & quite utterly 'beyond hope'
I only embarked upon my LC(HF) Reading etc in late 2016 AFTER being threatened with a Statin 4 years AFTER being diagnosed a T2 diabetic [in 2012]
I've been REPEATING this non-stop so many times too ! :s8::s8::s8:

Now WHERE should YOUR above statement be placed
- Ad Hominem
- Name Calling
- Idiot ?

DaaUpnwW4AAndJP.jpg

2. "I don't have a big issue with LCHF but don't put down statins and promote too many eggs a day"

You really need to be properly EDUCATED on LCHF - Statins - Eggs etc ....
But I now realise I'm NOT the one who could help you with that
Best to leave you alone bah for MY own sanity etc ....(a lost cause etc ...)

3. "but don't ... eat such oily and deep fried food and claim it is healthy. Too much fats in yr diet as in visible fats is also not healthy."

I do try to eat the Good Healthy Fats & Oils as in LCHF
Coconut/olive oils butter avocados pork belly/trotter fatty omega3-rich fish etc .....

But inevitably the 'oily & deep fried food' can't be helped as bought by mom or outside food - indulgent lapses etc
but I DON'T claim such outside oily food etc to be healthy

Also I'm NO hypocrite or LC Food Nazi as I DO allow myself Cheat Meals and such with the 'banned/bad foods' too

You must remember I'm NOT doing any "preaching" at all
Just SHARING what I read & also what I eat daily [with non LC food too etc]

I'm NOT some FAKE [bluffing my LC Food Log/Blood Test readings etc] neither am I any LC Perfectionist when it comes to my food

THIS is MY current style of Doing LC
- Not anyone else's business here
I happy can lah
YOU not happy ? STFU bah etc

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
U r the one who should STFU and try not to be a quack Dr. Statins r still widely prescribed in this day and age and u r Wrongly demonising it to the detriment of readers here who may need it.

I wouldn't bring myself down to arguing with u at yr level if not for the fact that u r misguiding people.

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U r the one who should STFU and try not to be a quack Dr. Statins r still widely prescribed in this day and age and u r Wrongly demonising it to the detriment of readers here who may need it.

I wouldn't bring myself down to arguing with u at yr level if not for the fact that u r misguiding people.

Wonder who's the one who is really doing MORE misguiding there
- can't even get the FACTS on Eggs - Cholesterol & such right .... sighssssssss

I have quoted many articles etc even from known cardiologists etc on that WRONG wide use of Statins - with proper evidence & reasoning etc etc etc
I'm simply NOT demonising statins for fun without any basis

Even that bad medical practice (re statins) has been given a European Parliament hearing recently by Dr Aseem Malhotra & team Killing For Profit
WHO in fact are the real murderers doing real harm here ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnd3usdNxo&feature=youtu.be

Killing For Profit - at the European Parliament ! #LCHF Aseem Malhotra

Manny Radzky
1 month ago
STATINS ARE POISON!!!!!!! After being on Crestor for a year, had major joint pain and massive muscle weakness. Told my cardiologist “I would rather die” and put them in the garbage. BTW, I have a pacemaker and had bypass surgery in 2014.
Starting in 2015, I had stopped the statin, and went HIGH FAT and LOW CARB, and have NEVER FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE.
Dr Malhotra, you are spot on, sugar and carbs are the real problem. I am N 1, I ate low fat high carb all my life, 0 family history of heart disease and exercising religiously. I had a quintuple bypass and still have an ejection fraction of 20. The dietary guideline are wrong and big pharma are *******S. They don’t care about health but profits. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

truthsout
2 weeks ago
Actually the percentage of diabetes caused by statins is not 1%, you don't get off that easily. It's 50% and 50% of those will develop Alzheimers. So say your opposition's studies.

Robert Koehler
2 weeks ago
Thank you for getting this info out there. I work in the medical field. Patients want a pill to solve the problems that poor diet and lifestyle actions cause. Until patients wake up and start researching their own health and taking part in their solutions, our healthcare system is doomed. I have done the Keto diet since January, and lost 38 pounds and stopped taking all prescriptions.

Magda Taylor
1 month ago
Great respect for doctors who have the courage to stand up and point out issues surrounding the medical treatments, the dangers and the influence of the pharmaceutical industry!!

bobmonk388
4 weeks ago
Thank you for jumping on the barbed wire for the rest to follow, the evidence is building

Lots To Learn
3 weeks ago (edited)
Very grateful to Dr A.M. for speaking out, esp. at 27 minutes in. Big Pharma can't go after him the way the would against most of his colleagues. Res ipsa loquitur means The Facts Speak For Themselves.

MaximilianKohler
1 week ago
Some highlights & timestamps:

"Half of what you learn in medical school will be shown to be either dead wrong or out of date within 5 years of your graduation; the trouble is that nobody can tell you which half. The most important thing to learn is how to learn on your own" - David Sackett, one of the fathers of Evidence-Based Medicine.

"As a doctor for 17 years I have slowly and reluctantly come to the conclusion that as it stands now we have a complete healthcare system failure and an epidemic of misinformed doctors and misinformed and harmed patients" - Aseem Malhotra 7:30.

$864 million dollars per year could be saved by doctors having one conversation with patients prior to placing stents - which is a largely unnecessary & unhelpful treatment 13:30

Misleading health statistics: ~16:00. Relative Risk Reduction (RRR) vs Absolute Risk Reduction (ARR), and number needed to treat (NNT).

Statins are covered next.

Starts covering system failure, misconduct, regulation, collusion for financial gain at 31:10. At 34:00 an example for Beta Blockers is given where fictitious data published resulted in ESC guidelines increasing patient mortality by 27% resulting in 800,000 excess deaths.

34:55: Talks about Peter C. Gøtzsche, co-founder of the Cochrane collaboration, regarding major pharma companies being found guilty for fraud, particularly in the US. Between 2009-2014 total of $14 billion worth of fines for illegal marketing and hiding data and harms which involved the majority of top 10 pharma companies, and there's no incentive for them to stop.

35:55 Covers innovation. Between 2000-2008 of 667 new drugs approved by FDA only 11% found to be innovative. Others copies. At great cost and no extra benefit.

Cites multiples of these excellent quotes/links: https://archive.is/9pXGh

Next covers obesity, diabetes, diet. At 49:20 starts covering CICO notions pushed by the soft drink industry. Then regulation & food industry resistance. Says obesity epidemic is due to diet, not exercise. Largely blames added sugar in processed food. "Ultra processed food constitutes half of UK diet". "Lifestyle changes are more powerful than any drug at treating heart disease, come without side effects, and need to be at the forefront of treating chronic disease".

1:13:08 Switches speaker to Sir Richard Thompson, personal physician to the queen and former president of royal college of physicians.

1:26:50 Switch to Professor Hanno Pijl, internist, endocrinologist, and professor of Diabetology at Leiden University. Promotes lifestyle changes instead of drugs for chronic, lifestyle-related diseases such as colon cancer, stroke, coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes.

1:32:00 Switch to Sarah Macklin, journalist & nutritionist. Mentions outdated guidelines taught in university.

1:42:10 Begins Q&A.

Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
I have quoted many articles etc even from known cardiologists etc on that WRONG wide use of Statins - with proper evidence & reasoning etc etc etc
I'm simply NOT demonising statins for fun without any basis

Even that bad medical practice (re statins) has been given a European Parliament hearing recently by Dr Aseem Malhotra & team Killing For Profit
WHO in fact are the real murderers doing real harm here ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnd3usdNxo&feature=youtu.be

Killing For Profit - at the European Parliament ! #LCHF Aseem Malhotra

If what Sg Drs r doing is so wrong, why is our longevity highest in the world? LOL...

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don’t waste your time with this nutcase.

She claims to be more updated than most doctors & dieticians & yet she doesn’t even read the real science - the medical studies themselves.

Discuss about property investment more interesting..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.