MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

mindgamey

Reaction score
Microsoft to replace Surface Pro 4 tablets affected by screen flickering
23 comments
The company couldn’t find a software or firmware fix
By Chris Welch@chriswelch May 11, 2018, 1:57pm EDT

Microsoft is formally launching a replacement program for Surface Pro 4 devices affected by screen flickering. Any Surface Pro 4 units experiencing the problem will be covered for up to three years from the time of original purchase. “We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are exhibiting a screen flicker that cannot be addressed with a firmware or driver update,” the company said on its support page with details on the program.

The annoying flickering has been well-documented on Microsoft’s support forums, with some users taking drastic steps like putting their Surface Pro 4 in a freezer to temporarily fix the issue. Back in February, Microsoft said it was closely monitoring the situation, and the company came to the conclusion that there’s no convenient fix.
You know something’s wrong when users are freezing their gadgets to fix an issue. George Visvikis

Some customers have already paid for a screen replacement to stop the flickering since the problem typically arises when a machine is out of warranty; Microsoft says they’ll be “offered a refund.” The company notes that this three-year coverage doesn’t extend to other problems your Surface Pro might experience outside the warranty period; it only applies to the screen issue. Replacement devices are refurbished — not brand new — Surface Pro 4s.

The so-called “Flickergate” has been yet another knock against the Surface line, which has been targeted by Consumer Reports for showing poor reliability over the years. Plenty of Microsoft’s devices work wonderfully, but for those that don’t, the company is now trying to do the right thing.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...e-pro-4-screen-flickering-replacement-program

Free replacement for screen flicker

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4230448/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just read it, gd news for all of u with flickering issue.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is the free repair??? When I request service for SP4, still prompt me and wanna charge me 638 sgd. Wth.

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CSO told me their system is not updated yet but they know of this program already. Asked me to call them in another 2 days and they should be able to process this. This exchange program, even out of warranty sets also can. But, backup your own data, prepare your own packaging. Set to be returned to us inside will have Windows 10..

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CSO told me their system is not updated yet but they know of this program already. Asked me to call them in another 2 days and they should be able to process this. This exchange program, even out of warranty sets also can. But, backup your own data, prepare your own packaging. Set to be returned to us inside will have Windows 10..
if can upgrade to sp2017

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you call CSO or use online chat?

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. I sent in once before. Prepare your own box.

Sent from Medellín using GAGT

what did you use to wrap it?

i thought they'll send some guy with the materials to collect, which was what they did when I had to replace my power brick. :(

gotta contact them on friday then

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call the CSO directly.

Sent from Medellín using GAGT

Ok thanks! I wanna send in my SP4 too. The flickering issue really ... too much. Now then admit mistake, no real channel to schedule appointment and stuff. Maybe wait a few days for sg side.

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Settled. Not many questions asked. Now waiting for SingPost to contact me to send out my faulty one. 3 to 6 business days for the exchange to come.

Exchanged set will come with 90 days warranty.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.