Need help any senior SIT Information security or software engineering in 4 years time

YanYing01

Reaction score
Both courses are one of those toughest courses in SIT. But the hardest would be digipen.

A friend of mine currently in the course said that the SIT information security course is tough. Not sure about the SE one.

Dansonzy

Reaction score
Both course have exam and project. I can’t really tell u the differences cos everything is depends on professor. And every year will change.

Thank you for your advice ..i miss this year intake going to apply next year and work for this year. But I had another idea of going SIM UOW which is 1.5 years which is 11 modules and is only 20K 。。
cheaper than local but not sure recognised and mine poly gpa is 3.5

Last edited:

loveaddict

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice ..i miss this year intake going to apply next year and work for this year. But I had another idea of going SIM UOW which is 1.5 years which is 11 modules and is only 20K 。。
cheaper than local but not sure recognised and mine poly gpa is 3.5

Depends on whether your parents have the $$ for your fees. SIT longer, more ex, but go financial aid. SIM must pay by cash, financial aid is very limited.

Dansonzy

Reaction score
Depends on whether your parents have the $$ for your fees. SIT longer, more ex, but go financial aid. SIM must pay by cash, financial aid is very limited.

Thank for the reply ..mine parents still can afford mine school fee but is SIT local same as NTU/NUS ? I don’t want to waste 4 years studying for a useless degree. Thank you for your help

AnimalPlanet

Reaction score
Hi, I am a SIT software engineering Year 2. I feel that people who were more IT inclined in poly have an edge over others

YanYing01

Reaction score
Yeap is still the same as NTU/NUS just that u will need to decide whether are you better in theories or practical? If u are better in theories, then might need to consider if want to come to SIT as SIT are more hand-on then NTU/NUS. It is vice versa.

Thank for the reply ..mine parents still can afford mine school fee but is SIT local same as NTU/NUS ? I don’t want to waste 4 years studying for a useless degree. Thank you for your help

bartblue

Reaction score

You're specifically looking for SiT seniors to ask them if what their studying for 4 years is a useless waste of time? Doesn't seem like you're gonna get any non-biased answer don't you think.

YanYing01

Reaction score
I’m stating with my facts as i have went through both SIT and NTU.

You're specifically looking for SiT seniors to ask them if what their studying for 4 years is a useless waste of time? Doesn't seem like you're gonna get any non-biased answer don't you think.

bartblue

Reaction score
I’m stating with my facts as i have went through both SIT and NTU.

That wasn't meant for you.

The advice you have given so far is good when he asked for general advice. But in the specific recent post where he asked if it was a waste of time for him to enroll in SIT for 4 years.

I don't think anyone in the course right now would say it's useless as that would be saying they are wasting their own time.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.