Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

orangeman

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody know after the 3GB 4G is used up, can I top up to enjoy the 4G speed again? Or I have to buy a new one ?

royalmage

Reaction score
Anybody know after the 3GB 4G is used up, can I top up to enjoy the 4G speed again? Or I have to buy a new one ?
They will SMS u the 4g package available, just top up credit into the card and buy whatever package available via sms

Sent from S8+ using GAGT

lazydudz

Reaction score
Yup. That's right.

but you can't do that in family Mart. for family Mart they require some minimum top up amount I think.

use the ais self service kiosk outside their shop at shopping mall

Did the topping up via their kiosk. Thks for sharing the trick bro. 😊

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using the app got some promo one.

See this super shiok promo.

gJpGyVf.jpg

bananacake

Reaction score
Can thai tourist sim card be activated and used in sg ah? Need a thai number to receive confirmation sms for something... don’t have to send sms or call all that

kitkat2

Reaction score
Can thai tourist sim card be activated and used in sg ah? Need a thai number to receive confirmation sms for something... don’t have to send sms or call all that

why not? it's just a normal prepaid sim with some packages activated. you need to ensure roaming is enabled though.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see! Thanks man will try it out ��
if it's a new SIM just remember you need to activate the SIM card when you are still in Thailand. just need to put the SIM card into your phone and turn it on to activate..

and remember to go to the respective telco's customer service counter and ask them to ensure your SIM card is activated for overseas roaming.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

bananacake

Reaction score
Oh, so it can’t be directly activated in SG? Cos I’ll only be heading to thailand in june but I need the confirmation sms beforehand... damn...

if it's a new SIM just remember you need to activate the SIM card when you are still in Thailand. just need to put the SIM card into your phone and turn it on to activate..

and remember to go to the respective telco's customer service counter and ask them to ensure your SIM card is activated for overseas roaming.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

kitkat2

Reaction score
Oh, so it can’t be directly activated in SG? Cos I’ll only be heading to thailand in june but I need the confirmation sms beforehand... damn...

some of the travel sims sold online in singapore for use in japan, india etc i believe are actually ais travel sims and they don't need to be activated in thailand. might suit you but pricey :)

bananacake

Reaction score
I’ll check it out! Thank you so much for your help :)

some of the travel sims sold online in singapore for use in japan, india etc i believe are actually ais travel sims and they don't need to be activated in thailand. might suit you but pricey :)

Thayvia

Reaction score
Recently, i went to Thailand with a group of friends for about 5 days.
Didn't buy sim card cuz too troublesome and don't want my phone to overheat from turning on the hotspot.

So,I just rent the a wifi router from Changi Recommends. I think around $5/day. Not bad for a group of 5 to share, only paid $19 cuz got promo code , free 2 days of wifi.

https://www.changirecommends.com/owifi.aspx

schnauzerpck

Reaction score
Didn't buy sim card cuz too troublesome and don't want my phone to overheat from turning on the hotspot.

So,I just rent the a wifi router from Changi Recommends. I think around $5/day. Not bad for a group of 5 to share, only paid $19 cuz got promo code , free 2 days of wifi.

May I know what's the promo code?
Thanks

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

have thought of renting ... but very troublesome
Have to collect and return back ...
if your router went missing ... then big problem

One bangkok sim card $5.99... would rather buy the sim card ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.