Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

pills

Master Member
Reaction score
tested sultan series getha. 99% latex in JB. cost around 4.5k.
Super soft comfy and has enough firm support on my backthough.

if have extra spare moolah i will get this :o

I got dormiente for 4k king size. Go give it a try if you have want soft yet very supportive feel. It doesnt have the plush feelnfor this 4k range though so may not be soft like you mentioned.

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
I went courts tampines

Tried most of the medium soft mattress

Shortlisted Slumberland ashworth 3
So called Ritz comfort series
It is 38 cm
Foam, 100% natural latex and 3000+ springs
Seems quite value for money

Because of plush top from the thick latex n foam, you will sink in
Until u reach the springs which give good firm support
Pretty unique and is also comfy

Anyone tried it?

Quite tempted to buy, around 3.2k after discount, for king size.

Last edited:

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey ppl,u all buy wat brand? Sealy, simmon, Serta like all damn expensive siah

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, how do yall find the specs of this?

Products Details:
Individual Pocketed Spring System For No Partner Disturbance
Pure Natural Latex Top Padding
Perfect Ergonomic Sleep System
Breathable Open Air Cells to Dissipate Heat
Incredibly Comfortable all Nights and Ultimate Sense of Relaxation.
No-Turn Mattress for Lifelong Usage.
Anti-Mildew, Anti-Bacteria and Anti-Dust Mite Protection.
Using Highest Quality Natural Latex, ‘Carson’ is recommended for those who prefer the Plush of Luxury Latex.
10 Years Warranty
Firmness Rating, 8 out of 10, Firm
Comfort Level 8 out of 10 .
Imho no such thing as Individual Pocketed Spring System For No Partner Disturbance

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey experts, isit true only the 3 S hav good mattresses? They r freakkng exp leh

Possible to get good mattress below 1k? Wat r the brands? Mylatex??

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Full latex without springs can provide proper lower back support?
Some of those purist use coconut husk layer as the middle layer to act as resistance.
I think buy pocket spring + latex is enough.

Just replace a new one every 10 years or so. According to research, replacing your mattress regularly really do a lot of good to your back.
I personally think dat a person in the 30s onward should start using a slightly firmer mattress cause the spinal disc will start to degenerate and have higher chance of slipped disc. :o

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went courts tampines

It is 38 cm

Anyone tried it?

I don't think u need foam on top of latex, kinda defeat the purpose or a mean to cut cost. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey experts, isit true only the 3 S hav good mattresses? They r freakkng exp leh

Possible to get good mattress below 1k? Wat r the brands? Mylatex??
Mylatex is more affordable and the company seems okay or established well enough, can't say which is good or better.

Those 3k-4k latex mattress are likely to be pure latex, else is really chop carrot price.

I'm not saying that pure latex is better too cause it's likely to be super soft and probably embrace you when you lay on it. For someone with slipped disc like myself, I will prefer a stiffer bed so I will go for spring + a thin layer of latex. More economical too and I will just change my bed regularly according to my spinal condition. :o

itsaboon

Reaction score
To those of you looking for latex mattress, I highly recommend you make appointment with whichever studio/company which allows testing. At least can go, see and feel the actual product.

Couple weeks back, we went to try out BayShop and Bluvale latex mattresses as they were both rather near to each other. Additionally, these two brands have cheaper prices listed for pure latex mattress (that we could Google). It was a rather refreshing experience.

We went to BayShop first, the person welcoming us at the warehouse, Brendan was very friendly and accommodating. We liked BayShop for their responsiveness and efficiency, the moment we made appointment for "sleep-test", they emailed us the details; after our visit, they followed up with what we have viewed and tried on that day, from model and thickness of mattress to choice of frame and fabric selection.

Bluvale was next. Initially wanted to try their cheap latex mattress advertised on their website, but when we called they said they do not have a physical piece to try as they don't have a showroom for that. However they have other pieces if we wish to try. As we were open to trying out more mattresses, we decide to give it a shot. Turned out it was a lovely experience too, Sean welcomed us and explained to us things regarding latex mattresses.

In the end we went with Bluvale as it was slightly cheaper at $2800+ for a king mattress and storage frame. We bought the Greenbed Atlas by MagicKoil.

Hopefully everything will be good as this is our first expensive mattress haha.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone try haylee? Local brand with no phy shop, buy online but can return in 100 days

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
To those of you looking for latex mattress, I highly recommend you make appointment with whichever studio/company which allows testing. At least can go, see and feel the actual product.

Couple weeks back, we went to try out BayShop and Bluvale latex mattresses as they were both rather near to each other. Additionally, these two brands have cheaper prices listed for pure latex mattress (that we could Google). It was a rather refreshing experience.

We went to BayShop first, the person welcoming us at the warehouse, Brendan was very friendly and accommodating. We liked BayShop for their responsiveness and efficiency, the moment we made appointment for "sleep-test", they emailed us the details; after our visit, they followed up with what we have viewed and tried on that day, from model and thickness of mattress to choice of frame and fabric selection.

Bluvale was next. Initially wanted to try their cheap latex mattress advertised on their website, but when we called they said they do not have a physical piece to try as they don't have a showroom for that. However they have other pieces if we wish to try. As we were open to trying out more mattresses, we decide to give it a shot. Turned out it was a lovely experience too, Sean welcomed us and explained to us things regarding latex mattresses.

In the end we went with Bluvale as it was slightly cheaper at $2800+ for a king mattress and storage frame. We bought the Greenbed Atlas by MagicKoil.

Hopefully everything will be good as this is our first expensive mattress haha.

How much for the mattress alone?

housey

Reaction score
How many mylatex salesman here ?

Can pm me best offer ?

Seems like u guys manage to sell your mattress very well here.

I need queen size soft

itsaboon

Reaction score
It was $2050 for just the mattress, it's an 8' full latex mattress. Basically a 6' glued to a 2', they were very transparent on that which we appreciated. Sean at Bluvale even flipped the mattress for us to try the difference, as the default was 6' on top of a 2'. So we tried 2' over 6' too. This is how latex mattress typically adjust its firmness. Can't remember exactly which felt firmer, but there was a difference.

How much for the mattress alone?

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
anyone else tried this?
curious to hear your reviews / comparisons too
thanks

I went courts tampines

It is 38 cm

Anyone tried it?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had an accident, my slipped disc had a relapse and it's damn painful.
Now my back becomes a sensor for poor posture or anything that hurts it again.

This might be useful, here are the best sleeping postures for different issues.
BHEqkiA.png

I can say they are absolutely correct and my best position for my situation right now is to sleep sideway with a pillow between my legs to keep the legs balanced. What's important is which side should you be facing.

Actually slipped disc is more common than most people think and people at 30-50 yo are at the biggest risk.

If your left leg/buttock and/or your left back hurts.
The disc is actually protruding to the right side and is pinching onto the nerve.
So you will need to sleep on your left side, allow gravity to pull the stress off the disc hitting on to your right nerve. To keep it simple, if your left side is hurting, sleep on your left side and vice versa if it's hurting on the right.

I'm short of a firm bolster so I'm making an order right now.

Ordered the Latex Bolster from Getha.
http://128.199.68.148/?product=body-latex-pillow

Quite a reasonable price at SGD78
Europeanbedding is selling theirs at SGD178
Can't find any from Mylatex and don't think the price will be far from Getha.

djork84

Reaction score
any recommendation on bed frame?

just bought a getha mattress. not sure if just buy bed frame from them as there's no package price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.