 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
until the reader can read mobile device normally without having to crack my head where to tap then only i continue use, else i would just stick to my mastercard abt.

i'm also waiting for them to upgrade the reader firmware/hardware then only use apple pay abt again.
nowadays use GTM machine topup cepas card via apple pay is very fast... 2-3 sec can get approved, almost same processing time as mobile abt.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't bring my wallet yesterday and used my iphone 7+ for a bus trip, it took a good 1-2 second to scan and register, and meanwhile you don't even know whether you are holding it right or not.

I guess it's still not ready for prime time, considering how fuss free CEPAS and mastercards are.

Dingding6

Reaction score
Try tapping face down. I tested it over the weekends and it seemed much much more stable.

Do you have continuous streak of at least 2 weeks of easy no issue tap?

because just like you, i do have successful streak of few days no issue, then after that like whack a mole again...

i was using smart watch to tap by the way............i tried mobile phone before, the performance is worst than my watch, maybe because i was testing with my watch for so long that i know estimate where to tap, but still cannot get consistent result with my watch

Dingding6

Reaction score
i'm also waiting for them to upgrade the reader firmware/hardware then only use apple pay abt again.
nowadays use GTM machine topup cepas card via apple pay is very fast... 2-3 sec can get approved, almost same processing time as mobile abt.

when i was using my watch to tap, if i hit the correct spot, the processing time is like less than a sec, faster than my mastercard abt

for topup/retail, 2-3s is normal because they need to verify the credit card + token at who knows where.......

but ABT, they just need the credit card info which is processed by Transitlink itself, the fact that i am able to tap at less than a sec speed at about 70% of the time means it is capable of that speed, only problem is the inconsistent crappy reader.

Last edited:

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have also gone back to good old cepas card.
was trying day in and out on watch and phone. hit and miss.
i only use them when i'm travelling during non peak hours.
during peak hours, the amount of death stares and "tsk" from other people is scary.
MRT still ok. for buses i find that the new buses scan well compared to older buses.

what is this reward program by circles life by the way??

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is the link about the circles life rewards with ezlink

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tec...-able-earn-bonus-data-taking-public-transport

i have also gone back to good old cepas card.
was trying day in and out on watch and phone. hit and miss.
i only use them when i'm travelling during non peak hours.
during peak hours, the amount of death stares and "tsk" from other people is scary.
MRT still ok. for buses i find that the new buses scan well compared to older buses.

what is this reward program by circles life by the way??

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
when i was using my watch to tap, if i hit the correct spot, the processing time is like less than a sec, faster than my mastercard abt

for topup/retail, 2-3s is normal because they need to verify the credit card + token at who knows where.......

but ABT, they just need the credit card info which is processed by Transitlink itself, the fact that i am able to tap at less than a sec speed at about 70% of the time means it is capable of that speed, only problem is the inconsistent crappy reader.

u r using samsung devices right? seems like samsung devices faster.
older models of apple watch and iphone are slower in nfc, so cannot achieve half a sec speed compared to latest models.
for ABT, they need to check the card/virtual number whether it's registered for trial. sometimes they also charge 10 cent which may go thru mastercard network. not sure what happen in the backend but the processing/approval time is around half a sec (based on physical mastercard).

btw now i think for iphone and apple watch, the mrt reader card logo area is not the correct spot. ever since i aim my iphone at that area, always get card failed red light. today i tried tapping my apple watch at card logo area (after stop using mobile abt for some time), also get red light.
last time i just simply tap apple watch anywhere without aiming, successful rate is higher.

Dingding6

Reaction score
u r using samsung devices right? seems like samsung devices faster.
older models of apple watch and iphone are slower in nfc, so cannot achieve half a sec speed compared to latest models.
for ABT, they need to check the card/virtual number whether it's registered for trial. sometimes they also charge 10 cent which may go thru mastercard network. not sure what happen in the backend but the processing/approval time is around half a sec (based on physical mastercard).

btw now i think for iphone and apple watch, the mrt reader card logo area is not the correct spot. ever since i aim my iphone at that area, always get card failed red light. today i tried tapping my apple watch at card logo area (after stop using mobile abt for some time), also get red light.
last time i just simply tap apple watch anywhere without aiming, successful rate is higher.

Yeah, I am using Samsung device, but rather than saying Samsung device faster, I would rather say I have done enough testing on my device to know where is my device signal peak point and magnetic field pattern.

I don't enjoy the same success rate with phone tho....

Not the case for me if I simply tap anywhere without aiming, failure rate sky high.... Well .....for within certain time I set for my self for each tap

Ted100

Reaction score
Looks like I'm not the only one with the MRT gantry reader not registering Apple Pay.

I've been using for about 1 month now. There will be days where everything works flawlessly. Then all of a sudden it would not register my iphone taps and I end up having to try multiple times. I have tried to be as consistent as possible in positioning the phone vs reader surface but it's getting frustrating, especially if I hold up the queue during peak hours.

I love the convenience but the implementation really needs to be improved.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my own experience, Google Pay on my Pixel 2 XL is far more reliable than Apple Pay on my iPhone X... Not sure why this is so though.

koosh17

Reaction score
FAQ

Using  Pay on Singapore's Transportation Network
You'll need to sign up for an ABT account here — https://www.transitlink.com.sg/abtmobile/

If you've already got an ABT account. All you need to do is to simply register the same card you've added onto your  Pay with ABT.
Then head down to any three of the transit link ticket office to get your virtual cards registered during this trial period. You'll need to flash this poster to be eligible. If you have an Apple Watch and an iPhone, you'll need to tell the Staff at the transit link office to enrol you twice

For more information please read the following — https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Important Notice.pdf

Official FAQ can be found here!
https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Frequently Asked Questions.pdf

Can I board the bus/train with  Pay on my iPhone and then alight using another device/physical card? (or vice versa)
No.

How to get your rewards points (NTUC link points etc)
Earning Link points with Apple Pay

UOB Trial starts this March!
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/account-based-ticketing.html

Set up and Usage

Supported banks
  • UOB
  • DBS
  • POSB
  • Stan Chart
  • OCBC
  • American Express

Is Apple Pay Secure?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027

How to set up
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

How to use
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

Supported Devices
  • iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE
  • Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 (In App only)

I can't add my card, help
  1. Check if your bank is supported
  2. Check if your card is supported, as of now (25/5) corporate cards are not supported
  3. Check if your device is supported
  4. Remove and add your card again
  5. Still not working? You'll have to contact your card issuer

Is this still only open to invited trial ppl? or its open to public to try?

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Supposedly still invited, just say you want register, no question ask
Just went to register my iPhone X and AW3, no issues, took only a minute.

Buona Vista and Tampines offices close at 6pm, City Hall office closes at 9pm.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol wait till you start the trial and let us know your success rate.

Just went to register my iPhone X and AW3, no issues, took only a minute.

Buona Vista and Tampines offices close at 6pm, City Hall office closes at 9pm.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Lol wait till you start the trial and let us know your success rate.
Yes, cos I'm also involved with a consultancy company dealing with transit payments and we are interested in the progress of LTA and TL. TfL is doing it well, but their fare rules are much simpler.

Slavor

Reaction score
TfL's system appears better at detecting the phone too. Had a chance last year to use it and I never had an issue during the week I was there.

Yes, cos I'm also involved with a consultancy company dealing with transit payments and we are interested in the progress of LTA and TL. TfL is doing it well, but their fare rules are much simpler.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.