The Watch Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
average. among people who know a bit more about watch, but not so deep as to understanding all the history and background and all the jargons. Moreover sometime watch is like a piece of art. What worths $100K for 1 person, might worth $1K to others. There is subjectivity involved among all the objectivity (tech, materials, complication). In the end, it's to each other preference.

Personal preference is always subjective. Just buy the ones that you like and within your means. Remember to take a wrist shot and share with us!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
average. among people who know a bit more about watch, but not so deep as to understanding all the history and background and all the jargons. Moreover sometime watch is like a piece of art. What worths $100K for 1 person, might worth $1K to others. There is subjectivity involved among all the objectivity (tech, materials, complication). In the end, it's to each other preference.

Yeap. So buy if you think if it's worth it.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glint in the cockpit is the main reason why manufacturers have doubly-coated AR crystals. And the main point of this glint thing is affecting combat pilots, not your airline pilots. Take this any way you wish, it's up to you to believe or not.

The lasers part is for a select group of engineers and scientists who work on low-power lasers. Two separate issues.

Also, do you know what's the reason why CAAS banned the shining of lasers at aircraft?

Haha but but but.

How is sinn u1, a diving watch have to with lasers?
Or aircraft, fighter pilots

Simply put, work with laser of any kind?
Remove watches.
Having double AR on your watch or not. Doesn't matter.
Unless you're bringing the watch on AR to AR coating in general.

Lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
...because there are two different operating procedures, and different safety procedures when working with different classes of lasers.

So if it's dangerous.
Remove them.
Like you say, risk mitigation is better than finding corrective measures when things happen.

9mm and 0.5cal both are dangerous.
But both are on different "power level".
Should humans be forgetful and not put safe on his pistol because it's far less dangerous than a 0.5?
Fk no. Put safe on all weapons.

Your argument is average at best.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In risk mitigation, you don't wait until an incident/near-miss has occurred before thinking about corrective measures.

If one layer of AR coating is "good enough" and cheaper, why do you think Sinn (picking Sinn because of their relative affordability) wants to add them to their watches, and not milking the advantages of their AR? It would have been simpler to go with the flow and have AR on the underside of the crystal, no?

Tell that to SAF. Lolol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I very tired, this guy bring me to space, to aircraft, to laser place.

Everytime you ask him sometime he change tune. A bit like Malaysian politician.

My conclusion is Najib very free now, so posting on HWZ watch forums. We already know he's a watch fanatic. :D

Confirm wear RM. HAHAHAHA

He siam questions damn power.
Post jargon filled flawed arguments number 1.

Satki max. No wonder is typicalSingaporean or Malaysian.

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because we're humans and sometimes we forget to remove our watches before entering the lab. Having AR (on both sides) is there to mitigate the risk when working with safer lasers. Of course, when the risk is significant, when you're working with class 3 or 4 lasers, you remove your watch.

The primary reason, however, is to reduce spurious reflections when there are sensitive photodetectors around (and are in operation).

say real de, if my working environment has such high power lasers shooting around me, i'll wear a gshock...

i make sure my watch revolves around my lifestyle, i dont revolve my lifestyle around the watch...

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
My MM300 no need any AR at all cos no crystal! 😅

hnjvV0o.jpg

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
So if it's dangerous.
Remove them.
Like you say, risk mitigation is better than finding corrective measures when things happen.

9mm and 0.5cal both are dangerous.
But both are on different "power level".
Should humans be forgetful and not put safe on his pistol because it's far less dangerous than a 0.5?
Fk no. Put safe on all weapons.

Your argument is average at best.
Sure.

When someone uses a laser pointer, you wear OD7 laser goggles and take off your watch, ok?

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
say real de, if my working environment has such high power lasers shooting around me, i'll wear a gshock...

i make sure my watch revolves around my lifestyle, i dont revolve my lifestyle around the watch...
Actually, doesn't matter if you are wearing a g-shock or a PP... it's the watch crystal itself. Mechanical or quartz, once you're at that power level, gotta take off your watch.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, doesn't matter if you are wearing a g-shock or a PP... it's the watch crystal itself. Mechanical or quartz, once you're at that power level, gotta take off your watch.

Take off Everything off at all levels.
Risk mitigation is better than corrective measures.
Is that right professor?

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Tell you about??? You are the one who mentioned that I do not know a single thing about watch movement so I thought you can share and educate me. To my understanding, eta 2824 is not the best of movement but it's a workhorse movement. Can share what is wrong with it?

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

nothing wrong it just look like a toy watch

LOLOLOL

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

edchys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong it just look like a toy watch

LOLOLOL

In the beginning you talk about movement like you know alot, then when being asked you admitted that there is nothing wrong with the movement??? LOL.. Thank you for noticing my watch.
TIpOBU2l.png

Troll alert...

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.