NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellexgnxlxy

Reaction score
Hey guys, regular lurker here. Went for interview on 13 April and got accepted into SMU Business around 7+pm just now:s12::s12: Think I got in cause of my last 3 sem GPA jump and interview!
GPA 3.62, O levels 15 Points raw:s13:

omg congrats!!! we went for the same day slot heheh but your results are better thn mine :x

geeniee

Reaction score
I also received my rejection email from NTU...
GPA 3.3 and applied for sociology, planning to appeal back into sociology, would that be a wise choice? I’d really like to read sociology!

Hi i just received my NTU Rejection letter.
Looking to appeal my application.

First Choice * Mathematical Sciences
Second Choice Electrical and Electronic Engineering

I graduated with Diploma in engineering with Business with 3.2 gpa.

Can anyone advise me what to choose and how can I appeal to stand more chance?

I have difficulty in choosing as I stand lesser chance cos of my GPA but i just want to try!

Same question here!Anyone with past experience can help to answer?

Hi, I'm here to ask when appealing after being rejected, should I appeal for a course that accepted students with igp lower than me (which I placed as the last choice or didn't apply for it at all), or should I appeal to one from my first 3 choices to have higher chance of appealing in?

Thank you! :)

The thing about advising what to appeal is that it is very hard for anyone to advise what to appeal or what not to do.

Appealing is a very personal process and has a lot of different factors to consider which I will try to break down to help you guys in deciding what to appeal for based on your own circumstances.

1) How interested are you in the course - If you are very interested in one course and have absolutely no interest in the other, should you be appealing to the other course even though you may stand a better chance with your RP/GPA?

If you are not on the extreme ends, then maybe you can consider appealing to your second choice or even a completely different course that you think you don't mind doing.

2) How competitive are you - If your RP/GPA is very far from the stated IGP, you should know even appealing would not work. There's a saying to appeal to another course that you did not list as a choice as being rejected means they have processed your application as such - I disagree. At different points in time during the application process, they may or may not be more lenient to those whose RP/GPA are close to the stated IGP. I do think it may be worth trying if you are very interested in the course and did not miss the 10th percentile by too much.

Besides, for some reason, we are seeing people getting accepted with RP/GPAs that are far far away from the 10th percentile.

3) What else do you have to offer - This would refer to your CCAs, awards, external projects etc. If you have a relevant portfolio, you may consider reiterating these achievements/projects in your statement if you are bent on getting into your first choice and are just a few marks away. For DA, there is no appeal to consider yourself for DA again, so whatever portfolio you have is just to show your passion. Don't put too much hope on this - it really boils down to your scores at the end of the day.

All factors are not mutually exclusive to each other. You can appeal for course you know you are very competitive in but if you are not interested, you would know better not to appeal. However, if you are very far from the 10th percentile - how willing are you to let go of your first choice and consider other courses? If you honestly think you have very outstanding achievements but did not get considered for DA, do you want to gamble once more and hope it pays off?

Remember - you only get to appeal once. Play it well. :)

wei1006

Reaction score
Hi, may I ask what did you write in the appeal? I really have no clue. Thanks in advance!

Just say how I am a good fit for the uni and the course,how the uni can offer me the opportunity to develop myself, how I am interested in the course itself, my soft skills and willingness to work hard, my future direction, etc

wei1006

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.. but how long did they take to offer the reject letter after u appealed?

I think you have misunderstood... I meant they rejected my application and then I just submitted my appeal after receiving the rejection letter. Hope this clears things up! About when will they reject your appeal, I have no idea...

RoyL21

Reaction score
Got rejected by NTU EEE
contributing to the ACR
Results as follows
GPA 3.38, L1R4 17
Singaporean
Have won internship award
Times are tough guys the competition is just too strong, I have appealed as well but I'm not going to be hopeful and try for something in my ability such as SiT

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Reaction score
Is it even possible to get offered after 3 wks has passed from ur int and there's no reply? (Nus) sigh

Yes. The 1st window for JAP only closes on 24th May. As long as your application is processing, you are under consideration by the universities to fill up the remaining slots.

sxxeom

Reaction score
Got rejected by NTU EEE
contributing to the ACR
Results as follows
GPA 3.38, L1R4 17
Singaporean
Have won internship award
Times are tough guys the competition is just too strong, I have appealed as well but I'm not going to be hopeful and try for something in my ability such as SiT

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Your first choice is EEE? How about second choice?

You appeal for EEE?

cheesekimchi

Reaction score
Have been lurking for quite a while and created this account just to contribute.
Singaporean, RP 74.25

NUS: offered FASS (1st choice, direct offer, not mt-related)

NTU:
1st choice: LMS and psychology
2nd choice: LMS
3rd choice: psychology
4th choice: sociology
received rejection letter today without being called down for any interviews previously

don't know what I was thinking when I put my first choice given my grades, but anyway I'm not going to appeal to NTU as I was alr set on going to NUS before receiving the rejection

read some of the other posts and it really seems like the order of your choices plays quite a major part esp for NTU

enoki123

Reaction score
Did anyone applied for the new programme Data Science & Artificial Intelligence? Any info on that? :s11:

dreamcatcherz

Reaction score
Hey guys, regular lurker here. Went for interview on 13 April and got accepted into SMU Business around 7+pm just now:s12::s12: Think I got in cause of my last 3 sem GPA jump and interview!
GPA 3.62, O levels 15 Points raw:s13:

Which timing did you went for? Went on the same date but have yet to receive anything hais

pogchamp

Reaction score
i thought NTU NUS SMU all need 3.5GPA minimum to stand a chance of going in? why got people 3.3 apply lol

not trying to be funny i really wan know, got people get in these 3 uni with below 3.5 GPA before??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.