Home Cooking preferably LCHF Series - share ideas etc

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fats from farm mass raised animals do not count. If you wanna eat high fat, you gotta be prepared to spend more on organic fat or the low term will kill you. No easy way out.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There r strict guidelines on when to use statins in Sg. We Risk stratify our patients into low, mod and high risk groups. LDL of 159 is ok for someone in low risk group and no need to start statins till above 190 but in high risk group cannot.

All diabetics, pt with heart diease and strokes belong definitely in the high risk group like u.so ur LDL should ideally be less than 100 if not 80 . Prediabetics and chronic kidney disease pt too.

If yr sources r from PubMed like Lurkerdoc, they would be more credible than huffingtonpost. If not to me, they r just words from unverified sources.

"So for whom do the statin drugs work for anyway? They work for people who have already had heart attacks to prevent more heart attacks or death. And they work slightly for middle-aged men who have many risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, obesity, or diabetes."

Even tho' I was/am a diabetic I don't belong to either of above 2 groups so statins should NOT be prescribed ever just for 'high' cholesterol ! The overall ratios etc far more important !

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I see wrongly. Your dumpling crust seemed like burnt/ chaotar. From the pics, the crust appeared black. Rightfully the crust should be golden brown.

Dun consume too much of chaotar bits, no good for health.

Wa - your eyes so sharp LOL

Yalor was 'away' busying with other things for 'too long' - forgot to turn heat down too
so the bottoms there got burnt lor [compared to Mon's dumplings]

Mom refused to eat those darkish parts n removed those [saying if hungry later to go eat slice of bread - but luckily since piled her with some fruit she seemed OK]

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa - your eyes so sharp LOL

Yalor was 'away' busying with other things for 'too long' - forgot to turn heat down too
so the bottoms there got burnt lor [compared to Mon's dumplings]

Mom refused to eat those darkish parts n removed those [saying if hungry later to go eat slice of bread - but luckily since piled her with some fruit she seemed OK]

Is good that the chaotar parts are removed. Else eat too much will kena sore throat

GameBoyColour

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paiseh, am reading on mobile... any tldr version on the refined carbs...? And I run 10 minutes in the morning... should be ok right...?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kpc, when u want to cook us lunch or dinner.. your food looks good!

Sent from Old Man Pressing For Retirement using GAGT

fishbuff

Suspended
Reaction score
Mon 14 May

Mom didn't come home today from opp wet market/HC with any tarpaued food for our lunch
- She just bought $4 worth Sio Bak meant for dinner later
At 11.30am she suddenly told me "Fix your own lunch and I'll just hv some bread later"
But I went on to do HER share for lunch too - I DO NOT want her eating carby BREAD !

I DID the classic SIMPLEST CHEAPEST FASTEST LC MEAL ever :s13:
ie Big English Breakast Fry Up for Lunch with healthy cheap Eggs !

Except no BACON as had already ran out much earlier
Also felt 'lazy/not right' to use some of the Sio Bak in lieu of Bacon !
Using cheapo ingredients :
- 1 med Jap zucchini [from batch of 5]
- cherry tomatoes from that $1 Tray
- 2 eggs each x 2 pax
- Balance 6 fresh Shitake mushrooms
- 1 purple onion
- fried in healthy coconut oil
Seasonings : Salt + Black Pepper + Italian Seasoning + light soy sauce

Our Healthy LC Big English Breakfast Lunch !!!!

oekSdTk.jpg

iWzDidi.jpg

vmd05uL.jpg

And for Dinner
I'll finally do up the Shanghai Dumplings even tho' mom keeps forgetting to get me the Spring Onion Chives for inclusion into filling

Have got the $3 Minced Pork thawing away now - once thawed will do some simple marination with Shaoxing Wine-Sesame Oil-light soy sauce ...
Have already prepped & choppd up the :
- going-to-go-bad Jap Beech Mushrooms
- water chestnuts for that necessary crunch
- purple onion [in lieu of the Spring Onion Chives]
Pretty LC these Shanghai Dumplings as low carbs in the dough wrapper only
Will do up my yummy Black Vinegar Ginger Dip here !
Frozen Minced Pork thawing away
7PffFeL.jpg

jobless and dependent on mom, still can eat such good food...

buey pai leh... i also want to be a thick skinned leech.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
There's a way to keep the meatballs in shape and shape them. My father always make meatballs soup without the meatballs going haywire. Only once in a blue moon then make dumplings.
The "secret" ingredient for the meatballs to stay in shape is a really common item, so common I believe every household has it.

The pork rib fats to me are healthy good fats :)
simply fat present in food - not as if ADDED extra fats there etc :s8:
This is qhat happens when you sprout **** with your shallowed-mindedness. You simply see the surface and don't dig deeper up the process line.

Those fats you claim is healthy, aren't really healthy. Source matters.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
"So for whom do the statin drugs work for anyway? They work for people who have already had heart attacks to prevent more heart attacks or death. And they work slightly for middle-aged men who have many risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, obesity, or diabetes."

Even tho' I was/am a diabetic I don't belong to either of above 2 groups so statins should NOT be prescribed ever just for 'high' cholesterol ! The overall ratios etc far more important !

Being a woman is not a contraindication to the precription of statins if u belong to the high risk group. Lots of women in Sg take statins esp diabetics. It has been studied and proven beneficial.

randyap

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is intense and im loving it. This is constructive critical debate.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldn't do another 24 hr fast today like on Tues
As suddenly felt hungry on reaching home from the spa after my double sessions ...

So no choice but to whip up my classic LC 2 egg-fry with the last of the 70c lettuce + some cherry tomatoes n a bit of the 1st Avocado of 3 bought last Fri - still not that ripe yet as still kinda hard ..
Knew if I didn't do that then the yummy Beef Horfun from Mongkok Dim sum won't be enough for our dinner later if I tauchiak from it !!!
G1zhqG8.jpg

[Non-LC yummy Beef Horfun for dinner later with lots of wok hei]
Q1CpQ2e.jpg

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paiseh, am reading on mobile... any tldr version on the refined carbs...? And I run 10 minutes in the morning... should be ok right...?

Just read n explore Ted's Burn Fat Not Sugar sites as well as the other sources I've quoted for you at your leisure - in order to understand more as no point n quite impossible to give you a tldr version where you won't gain much info etc

If you're into Infographics
there are literally TONS of that in my Home Cooking thread
think search around Pages 50 or so onwards - lots of LCHF tips etc

(Also similar idea as gkhchay's online $$ making below - but using free podcasts ??)

Maybe you'll want to follow THIS guy SimpleAsFat or Jon Gaunt on his weight loss journey as others are also doing right now with success - follow him on Tweeter - listen to his podcasts etc ...sign up for his newsletters etc ...

"Lose weight with Jon Gaunt and reverse Type 2 Diabetes. Jon lost four and half stone, 63 Pounds in just Six months"

https://youtu.be/VPEc6ViBnNM

https://twitter.com/Simpleasfat

eg
https://twitter.com/Simpleasfat/status/996282174117699585

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
Follow Follow @Simpleasfat
More
Right @jongaunt that's enough steps before Brekkie of bacon, 2 fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and coffee with double cream. #weightlossjourney #reversediabetes #nomeds I love my life with @Simpleasfat Join us now http://www.simpleasfat.com

DdOAjxaX0AAB5OF.jpg

Manny
‏@fa1rygodfather
May 15
More
Replying to @Simpleasfat @jongaunt
My breakfast this morning Jon after a two mile walk from Victoria to the office
DdOKCXMWAAAd5aY.jpg

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
May 15 More
Thats gret Manny is it fried in butter or olive oil or both?

Manny
‏@fa1rygodfather
May 15
More
Done on a grill in the cafe Jon. If cooked at home, with good quality extra Virgin olive (Carbonela privilegió) and butter combined. Sadly no mushrooms in this cafe. Non the less. Really enjoyed it. Keeps me going until around 2pm for my lunch break.

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
May 15
More
Better to fry Manny than grill buts still a great Brekkie

Kirk Bloomer
‏@kirkbloomer
May 15
More
Hi Jon. Enjoying the podcast. I'm a long time low carber. Lost 20kg's about 7 years ago & kept it off. Lived in your area (Rugby) when I was a kid, moved to Sth Africa in the mid 80's. Being a Saffer I'm keen to hear your i/view with @ProfTimNoakes Will it be on a pod?

ALEXXX
‏@dargvader1
May 15
More
What if you can't do the steps John, would short burst of hit training work, they claim it forces the body to go into survival mode and burn fat

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
May 15
More
I am a great believer in walking and you can do it in several sections on a day. We have full exercise ideas on the site when it launches. Do what you enjoy but you don't need lycra and to get sweaty or pay gym membership!

ALEXXX
‏@dargvader1
May 15
More
I've got erythromyalga and too much walking is a killer for me... But there are plenty of options for me

Toast Malone
‏@JayArrsBBQ
May 15
More
How were the mushrooms cooked?

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
May 15
More
Fry them in butter and olive oil with plenty of salt

Toast Malone
‏@JayArrsBBQ
May 15
More
Cheers Jon, I’ll be starting in the next week or so. I’ll keep you updated.

David Blair
‏@tomjones1478
May 15
More
How are you doing it?
Been trying for years.
Nothing!

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
May 15
More

Andrew
‏@AndrewMybackup3
12h12 hours ago
More
Jon.
I signed up but see no meal plans or any diet related stuff to date.
What is the idea for the website, will meal plans be paid for?
It sounds delicious, but if I ate breakfast you refer to above, I'd have heartburn all day.
Will there be alternative breakfast meal ideas?

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
May 12
More
Listen to my new @Simpleasfat Podcast. Sugar is killing us. Tax it. Reverse Type 2 Diabetes with @DrAseemMalhotra He thinks he can reverse #obesity epidemic and #reversediabetes in 3 years with #sugartax @RobertLustigMD Listen https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/simple-as-fat-freedom-from-obesity-and-type-2-diabetes/id1314852675?mt=2 …or https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/simple-as-fat?refid=stpr …

DdA7k7rWkAAPW5v.jpg

Evesy67
‏@Scooterevesy
May 12
More
Replying to @jongaunt @Simpleasfat and 2 others
Really thought provoking. I’ve been doing it and have dropped from a tight 36 inch waist to a loose 34. Still slip up now and again with the odd chocky bar etc but I seriously feel so much better. Websites taking its time though. A few false dawns already. Just saying.

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
May 12
More
Replying to @Scooterevesy @Simpleasfat and 2 others
Its a lot of hard work mate and loads of video etc. Wait till you see it making things simple takes time, be up very soon and then you will see the results, well done so far

Manny
‏@fa1rygodfather
May 12
More
A big thank you to Jon. I’ve been a Guinea pig for @jongaunt @simpleasfat and my waist size has gone down 2” to a 38” waist and I’ve lost 10lbs in 11 days! And I feel great. Sign up at http://www.simpleasfat.com to find out how I did it.
Dc_1N5AW4AIJF_Z.jpg

Fraser Ramsay
‏@fraser6875
May 10
More
@Simpleasfat #simpleasfat Has Been a whole week with no carbs No bread at all, eating small portions of bacon, black pudding, eggs, salads for Breakfast & lunch. Snacking on pork scratchings. Transformation of the body is interesting. #Diet http://www.simpleasfat.com sign up now!

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
May 8
More
More nonsense about what to eat? Eggs are great for you and you should eat at least 2 a day. @simpleasfat Ignore nonsense about cholesterol and links to cardiovascular problems. It is all rubbish. Start day with 2 eggs and lose weight like me. https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/6240065/eggs-healthy-scientists-answer/ …
Dcu8VcCWAAEwbSA.jpg

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
May 8
More
Just did a great interview with one of my #LCHF heroes @ProfTimNoakes Full interview on http://www.simpleasfat.com soon plus on @Simpleasfat podcasts. He talks so much sense about Big Food and Big Pharma and #reversediabetes sign up here http://www.simpleasfat.com

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
May 5
More
Check out my free podcasts and weight transformation. Inspired by these heroes @ProfTimNoakes @DrAseemMalhotra @DietDoctor1 @garytaubes @lowcarbGP #LCHF
DcbDGllX4AAXQLn.jpg

Jon Gaunt
‏@jongaunt
Apr 30
More
So if any of you are wondering if my new @Simpleasfat diet and lifestyle plan works look at this! I could even fancy myself?! Seriously sign up and regain control of your life, lose weight quickly, reverse #type2diabetes and get BP down. http://www.simpleasfat.com

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/simple-as-fat?refid=stpr

Episodes of This Show

Last night I had a Big Mac and fries! #LCHF #DIET #weight loss #reverse #diabetes
28 minutes · May 7
Play

I would be dead now if it wasn't for Simple as Fat.
41 minutes · Apr 27
Play

Enjoy yourself it's not a diet its lifestyle change. LCHF Life
29 minutes · Apr 25
Play

Eat Bacon and Eggs and lose weight and reverse Type 2 diabetes.
40 minutes · Apr 21
Play

Beating obesity, depression, high Blood Pressure and Type 2 Diabetes with LCHF
37 minutes · Apr 21
Play

Simple as Fat - Episode One
3 minutes · Apr 16

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/fraser6875/status/997035120870637568

Fraser Ramsay
‏@fraser6875
Follow Follow @fraser6875
More
@lowcarbGP @Simpleasfat @jongaunt #simpleasfat I have been following the simple as fat plan and this is me in 2 weeks. #nocarbs

DdYuDSdX0AAvZhE.jpg

1:44 AM - 17 May 2018

Gary Malloy
‏@geordie205gti
58m58 minutes ago
More
Replying to @fraser6875 @Simpleasfat and 2 others
At that rate, his head will be huge in another few weeks!

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
57m57 minutes ago
More
Don't be rude he has done really well

Gary Malloy
‏@geordie205gti
56m56 minutes ago
More
I was joking! The head pic gets bigger each time.

Simple as Fat
‏@Simpleasfat
55m55 minutes ago
More
I know but his waist is getting smaller!LOL

daikiretto
‏@daikiretto
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @fraser6875 @jongaunt and 2 others
Your arms are getting shorter?

jeff hazel
‏@hazel_jeff
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @fraser6875 @jongaunt and 2 others
Is the diet out now ???

Hypocrite Watch
‏@lollyackers
56m56 minutes ago
More
Jeff, Gaunt’s at the dog groomers #lovinglife. Verrry soon, verrry verrry verrry soon. In others words when he gets enough donations. Ask him about his no show book Rrrrrroute 66.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pcwx almost crash while scrolling...wot indeed
Lucky I activated:

Qa61apN.png

Think I read somewhere that she said she will put me to ignore too, really hope it is true.
If she ever replied me even though she knows she's ignored. Then must be really mental to talk to herself. :o

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm food for thought - cause for Dr Lundell being stripped of his license
'retrospectively' - was it to punish-silence him for his anti-Statin advice etc ???

http://drsircus.com/cardiovascular/confessions-of-a-cardiologist-treat-the-inflammation-not-the-cholesterol/

Treat the Inflammation not the Cholesterol

Dr. Dwight Lundell, former Chief of Staff and Chief of Surgery at Banner Heart Hospital in Arizona told the world not to take statin drugs. “We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.

His frontal attack on the field of cardiology tears apart the practice of prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. Doctors in this field have been continually bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, all of which insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol. They were wrong. Unfortunately for too many people—dead wrong.

Dr. David Brownstein has debated publically about this issue and many people do recognize how off base the world of cardiology actually is. I have gone as far as writing an essay telling people to run from their statin prescribing cardiologist. And I have written an essay about The Statin Disaster and the recent increasing recommendation and prescription of this quite useless drug.

We know that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease. Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol can accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without sufficient magnesium in the body inflammation results and it is the inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.

Magnesium, not statin drugs should be the foundation drug of for the prevention and treatment of heart disease, diabetes, and arteriosclerosis; it serves as a natural calcium antagonist, normalizes blood pressure and irregular heartbeat. Magnesium is The Ultimate Heart Medicine! (Hmmm this one is quite NEW to me ....???)

What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods. Low magnesium though is the most basic culprit as is excessive irregular breathing, which reduces both CO2 and O2 levels in the body, both of which cause systemic inflammation.

Magnesium is the perfect medicine for cardiologists. It is the nutritional medicinal with pharmaceutical properties that no allopathic drug can hope to equal, yet doctors routinely ignore it. Worse, they use calcium channel blockers, statin drugs and other questionable substances with nightmarish side effects, which include suppressing already low magnesium levels.

Though magnesium is safe and easy to use and is available for immediate use in emergency departments, rarely is its full potential appreciated or harnessed.[1] The two forms of magnesium I recommend are magnesium chloride and magnesium bicarbonate. The magnesium bicarbonate is for oral use with all of one’s water, and the magnesium chloride (oil) can be used both orally and topically.

Low Magnesium Hardens Arteries

Dr. Russell Blaylock says, “There is evidence that magnesium deficiency may play a role in atherosclerosis, also called hardening of the arteries. In one study that used experimental animals, magnesium supplementation inhibited the deposit of lipids in the walls of the aorta that is, it inhibited plaque formation, a major factor in atherosclerosis.

“To see if there was a relation between ionized magnesium and blood lipids (such as cholesterol), researchers examined 29 men with an average age of 72.5 years, who had impaired insulin sensitivity, a common condition in the elderly. They found that the level of blood-ionized magnesium * but not total blood magnesium * correlated closely with levels of LDL (potentially harmful) cholesterol and total cholesterol. Because magnesium is a powerful anti-inflammatory element, it would be expected to help prevent cholesterol from oxidizing; this may explain why it reduces atherosclerotic plaque in experimental animals.”

Dr. Blaylock continues saying, “In my research, I came across a study from 1959 that demonstrated some remarkable findings concerning the interrelationship between calcium and magnesium and atherosclerosis. Researchers knew from previous studies that feeding animals large doses of magnesium markedly reduced the amounts of lipids deposited in the heart valves of the left side of the heart and in the aorta. This study looked not only at lipid deposits in the wall and valves of the heart, but also calcium deposits in the kidneys, which are common in people with kidney disease associated with atherosclerosis.”

More on Nutrition

Dr. Lundell also points out that by consuming excessive omega-6, the cell membrane produces chemicals called cytokines that directly cause inflammation. Today’s mainstream American diet has produced an extreme imbalance of omega-6 vs. omega-3s. The ratio of imbalance ranges from 15:1 to as high as 30:1 in favor of omega-6. That’s a tremendous amount of cytokines causing inflammation. In today’s food environment, a 3:1 ratio would be optimal and healthy.

There is no escaping the fact that the more we consume prepared and processed foods, the more we cause inflammation in the body. The human body cannot process, nor was it designed to consume, foods packed with sugars and soaked in omega-6 oils. One tablespoon of corn oil contains 7,280 mg of omega-6; soybean contains 6,940 mg. Instead, use olive oil or butter from grass-fed beef.

SEE REFERENCES ▼

Dr. Mark Sircus
AC., OMD, DM (P)
Director International Medical Veritas Association
Doctor of Oriental and Pastoral Medicine

Yup - am taking a big risk posting this ... but why not
To show that the inflammation cause is 'accepted' widely too by different sects of medical practice etc ?? [but the magnesium one is new to me]

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thurs 17 May

Wasn't able to repeat Tuesday's 24-hr Fast
Felt hungry on reaching home after my double spa sessions - so cooked up LC 2-egg fry otherwise the Beef Horfun would be gone before dinner time,
MTpakiQ.jpg

Actually both mom n I taujiaked quite a bit of the Mongkok Dimsum Seezhup/blackbean Beef Horfun as so yummy n full of wok hei
27M3CGK.jpg

The remaining Horfun served at dinner wasn't as nice as soggy etc
Mom fried up her Fried Rice with Char Siu n Egg

My HC dinner
Mom's Fried Rice with my share of the tarpaued Ngor Hiang n Fried Chicken Wing saved from her lunch/tea Nasi Lemak Beehoon pack + Beef Horfun
870puU9.jpg

vw4TLZj.jpg

aIWoPN6.jpg

After dinner shared fruit
DskhF1l.jpg

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went through an Iron-Hard Bowel Nightmare :(
Extremely excruciating 'forcing' that huge long log of sh*t out
Luckily no piles - think got at least 2kg dark brown mass there !

Think my last bowel movement was on Sun or Mon
Then I did a 24-hr FAST on Tuesday 15 May
Wed managed to do only 21:3 IF as mom pestering me to take my 4pm Tea
Today Thurs also about 20+:3+ IF=Intermittent Fasting as felt hungry on reaching home from the spa and had 2 fried eggs with a bit of avocado etc + taujiaked Beef Horfun followed by a very HC Dinner tonight with mom's Fried Rice & rubbishy fried items

I'm doing these few short days of longer fast
in a bid to lose a couple of kilos b4 next weigh-in at the Polyclinic
as found the weight having crept up very slightly
My aim is either remain Status Quo or Negative [NOT Positive added kgs]

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Copied over from the Fasting thread

Just went through an Iron-Hard Bowel Nightmare :(
Extremely excruciating 'forcing' that huge long log of sh*t out
Luckily no piles - think got at least 2kg dark brown mass there !

Think my last bowel movement was on Sun or Mon
Then I did a 24-hr FAST on Tuesday 15 May
Wed managed to do only 21:3 IF as mom pestering me to take my 4pm Tea
Today Thurs also about 20+:3+ IF=Intermittent Fasting as felt hungry on reaching home from the spa and had 2 fried eggs with a bit of avocado etc + taujiaked Beef Horfun followed by a very HC Dinner tonight with mom's Fried Rice & rubbishy fried items

I'm doing these few short days of longer fast
in a bid to lose a couple of kilos b4 next weigh-in at the Polyclinic
as found the weight having crept up very slightly
My aim is either remain Status Quo or Negative [NOT Positive added kgs]

Hmmmm see whether will translate to corresponding weight loss bah
at the weigh-in tomorrow :s8:

minimalistism

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got ppl fast everyday or not? One day only eat one meal and less than 500 calories?

Sent from Xiaomi MIX using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.