NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokraisra

Reaction score
Wah hoping applications for you guys goes well.:O Must be so nerve wrecking to handle the waiting etc but enjoy time before army or before next phase in life.:O Cause once other phases come it’s quite hectic and unlikely to have longer holiday so yeah hope you guys got other places to take up instead of main local Unis like SIM and SIT.😊

hardwarezonee

Reaction score
i thought NTU NUS SMU all need 3.5GPA minimum to stand a chance of going in? why got people 3.3 apply lol

not trying to be funny i really wan know, got people get in these 3 uni with below 3.5 GPA before??

Have, many in fact. 3.471 got in civil engineering, 3.3 got in NTU history. Don’t have to be necessarily 3.5 to be considered at all. No ‘minimum’ gauge to hit

Mayling

Reaction score
I have offers from NUS, SMU and NTU. Should I accept NUS and appeal for change of course or accept SMU and appeal for NUS?

Reaction score
I have offers from NUS, SMU and NTU. Should I accept NUS and appeal for change of course or accept SMU and appeal for NUS?

You can only accept one offer. Is there a reason to accept another offer :s11:

EDIT: If you referring to not having your preferred course of study, accept the offer you have received and apply for transfer of course.
More information can be retrieved at http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply-to-nus/transfer-applicants.html

Last edited:

fnpb93

Reaction score
Anyone with some knowledge on how admissions on joint acceptance portal works? So if I'm not wrong, there's 2 windows. If I recieve an offer now and accept it, can I still: 1) recieve offers from other uni? 2) Appeal if I'm rejected from other unis? 3) change my offer should if my appeals are successful on the portal?
Thank you :)

Reaction score
Anyone with some knowledge on how admissions on joint acceptance portal works? So if I'm not wrong, there's 2 windows. If I recieve an offer now and accept it, can I still: 1) recieve offers from other uni? 2) Appeal if I'm rejected from other unis? 3) change my offer should if my appeals are successful on the portal?
Thank you :)

The 2nd window only apply to appeals and "still processing" applicants. You should accept any given offers before it closes. You will be given a last chance to switch offers only if you are successful in the above.

fnpb93

Reaction score
The 2nd window only apply to appeals and "still processing" applicants. You should accept any given offers before it closes. You will be given a last chance to switch offers only if you are successful in the above.
Hi thanks for your reply! So I assume that my first two questions will be a yes? I asked someone about the third and he mentioned that successful appeals will not be processed through the joint acceptance portal though. Is it true?

emoonemoo

Reaction score
Hi all! How can I confirm that I accepted the course that I want? Cos every time I log into the JAP, they'll give me my 2 choices to choose from again(the same as I first logged in w/o accepting any course yet)...:s11:

Mayling

Reaction score
You can only accept one offer. Is there a reason to accept another offer :s11:

EDIT: If you referring to not having your preferred course of study, accept the offer you have received and apply for transfer of course.
More information can be retrieved at http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply-to-nus/transfer-applicants.html
Yes, I meant I did not get my preferred course at NUS so wondering if I should accept my second choice then appeal for my first choice. For SMU, I was offered my first choice.

Reaction score
I asked someone about the third and he mentioned that successful appeals will not be processed through the joint acceptance portal though. Is it true?

SIT and SUSS probably processes this differently. SUTD have already started their term. You eventually still have to manually select the offer in the portal.

Hi all! How can I confirm that I accepted the course that I want? Cos every time I log into the JAP, they'll give me my 2 choices to choose from again(the same as I first logged in w/o accepting any course yet)...:s11:

It should indicate the choice you have selected. Use another browser if you are experiencing problems.

Yes, I meant I did not get my preferred course at NUS so wondering if I should accept my second choice then appeal for my first choice. For SMU, I was offered my first choice.

Transfer stories are not many and a hassle to go through. You should simply accept what have been offered to you based on your interest.

Last edited:

emoonemoo

Reaction score
SIT and SUSS probably processes this differently. SUTD have already started their term. You eventually still have to manually select the offer in the portal.

It should indicate the choice you have selected. Use another browser if you are experiencing problems.
Done! Thank you :)

fnpb93

Reaction score

Transfer stories are not many and a hassle to go through. You should simply accept what have been offered to you based on your interest.

So Im still able to change my offer in the second window in the portal if I get successful appeals? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.