[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
How much utility bill will rearing fish add monthly? Assuming fish tank equipped with proper equipment like pump, light.

depending on the size of the tank.
if you are using MH lights and chillers for planted and marine tanks, it can cost quite a bit.

過路稻草人™

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depending on the size of the tank.
if you are using MH lights and chillers for planted and marine tanks, it can cost quite a bit.
Why still go MH , there are loads of LEDs Plants Lights or LED Floodlights with correct lumens and spectrum for planted setup.

Sent from 伯朗大道 using GAGT

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;114435124 said:
Why still go MH , there are loads of LEDs Plants Lights or LED Floodlights with correct lumens and spectrum for planted setup.

Sent from 伯朗大道 using GAGT

maybe TS has a deep tank.
don't think LED can punch that deep right?

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And also
Most of the time they dun feed those fishes and spam salt
Before fishes die of any sorts they get sold so the risk is most of the time transferred to buyer.

Because it wont be cost effective for them to buy small quantities of fishes from their suppliers, they have to buy in bulk and take all the risks.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls do consider what sort of filtration and accessories u will have all together
Plus the place u going to place the tank

Too low have to squat and view fishes or do cleaning .

Later need stack ohf or cannot fit caninster below

I am looking for something from Ikea to serve as a fish tank stand (60 litres, 2 feet tank).

Currently, I have found this MOLGER Bench, https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20241452/,

molger-bench__0172862_PE327027_S4.JPG

Apparently it can hold 100 kg.

Will this be suitable? I don't mind it is short, in fact I prefer short height ones..

If not, any other alternative? Thanks.

hardcore_freak

Reaction score
I am looking for something from Ikea to serve as a fish tank stand (60 litres, 2 feet tank).

Currently, I have found this MOLGER Bench, https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20241452/,

Will this be suitable? I don't mind it is short, in fact I prefer short height ones..

Have you tried sitting on it?
I did. It's wobbly and gives out cracking noise...
Go lfs buy wrought-iron stand.
Or look around for second hand. Nowadays they even have those self assembled type that comes in flat package.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;114435506 said:
My 20w LED floodlight with planted speCtrum can penetrate 3ft depth Setup.

really. didn't know LED can penetrate this deep.
paisay paisay. :o

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the tech pretty advanced

I used a 10w for algae scrubber and pothos in sumo
Until I removed the pothos cos it grow too fast and have to clean scrubber fortnightly

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NovJoe

Master Member
Reaction score

Please get wrought iron stand instead of fish tank. Should be less than $100 from Nayang Seaview. Ikea wood stuffs are not that reliable, especially when you are talking about fish tank, something that holds water with livestocks and with electrical stuffs. You can imagine the disaster if the stand gives way. Only some types of wood can be used as aquarium stands and Ikea's types are definitely not one of them.

DragonFire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my koi getting too big for my fukai pond

TIurjXz.jpg

zyOgNYZ.jpg

Fukai any good? Looking for a contractor to build/landscape my waterfall. Their koi ponds look more like ornamental ponds TBH.
None of the examples on their site seem to have enough depth, and in many the fish seem to be photoshopped in.

On the other hand, their landscaping work seems pretty good.

Last edited:

DragonFire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And also
Most of the time they dun feed those fishes and spam salt
Before fishes die of any sorts they get sold so the risk is most of the time transferred to buyer.

I am a little skeptical about LFS. I see them selling fish to hobbyist that grow to massive proportions - like RTC. I wouldn't dare keep a RTC in my 10x10x6 pond...

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a little skeptical about LFS. I see them selling fish to hobbyist that grow to massive proportions - like RTC. I wouldn't dare keep a RTC in my 10x10x6 pond...

Sometimes really need to do some research before buying any fishes, if not it will be disastrous.

redtail catfish can grow up to 5ft so don't playplay. When i first started silly me i keep a rtc in a 2ft tank within 6month all my fishes gone and the rtc grew until 1ft. :s22:

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the tech pretty advanced

I used a 10w for algae scrubber and pothos in sumo
Until I removed the pothos cos it grow too fast and have to clean scrubber fortnightly

Can SIC your algae scrubber? DIY or bought? Thought of doing it for mine also.

gwbasic

Reaction score

Yah agreed, I got suckered into buying pleco and polypterus endli for my small tank, now increase tank size but probably need to find a new home for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.