First ICT Cycle

Joffany

Reaction score
Now a days they don't tell you what reservist unit you going into? It's not even stated explicitly in the NS portal. I was in the support platoon (e.g. medic, driver. storemen etc....) of a combat engineer's unit and is currently posted back to the same camp for my first ICT.

However, my other friend (who was in the same unit as me when we were nsf but different batch) who is in a support vocation was posted back to the same camp but totally different unit. I know support vocations can anyhow deploy one, so how to check which unit I am going into? And after entering the unit, will SAF still switch reservist units halfway through my 10 cycles?

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just email them and ask

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. during 10yrs will switch but unlikely. as much as possible, they will keep u in the same batch. unless u defer too many times or downgrade to a point where u cant go outfield then perhaps they will chg ur unit to something more suitable.

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when first day ICT briefing shld inform u all these admin stuff. but frankly, whichever unit or div doesn't really matter...u still be with the same bunch of pp (usually)

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually will state lah... but maybe is not the unit u know

fake example... ABC100 is reservist unit of 2SAF

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.