Hi Guys,

Hardware
Dell 2715H
1 wired keyboard/mouse
PS4 Pro
13 inch MBP 2017
HyperX cloud Headphones
Bose QC35

Is there a way I can link all the hardware above? So far, I have connected my PC to my moniter via Display, PS4 pro to HDMI.

Question:
1. My HyperX cloud is connected to my PC and everytime i want to play my PS4 Pro, I need to disconnect my earphone from my PC and plug into my PS4 pro. Is there a way to connect my PS4 pro, PC and MBP into 1 Hub and I choose the output from there ?

2. Monitor - I have yet to connect my MBP to my monitor, can I connect it to my monitor via a power delivery adapter via the HDMI port and charge my mbp at the same time ? Any adapter to recommend ? Or should I get a USB C monitor to solve the problem ?

3. Keyboard/Mouse - Is it possible to connect the keyboard/mouse to my monitor and alternate its use between the mbp and PC ? Or if I were to use a virtual hub, how does it detect a change in system if both are on?

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
For 2/3 all you need is a kvm. Then you can share 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse. 1 really not sure. Let other pros advise.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hardware
Dell 2715H
1 wired keyboard/mouse
PS4 Pro
13 inch MBP 2017
HyperX cloud Headphones
Bose QC35

Is there a way I can link all the hardware above? So far, I have connected my PC to my moniter via Display, PS4 pro to HDMI.

Question:
1. My HyperX cloud is connected to my PC and everytime i want to play my PS4 Pro, I need to disconnect my earphone from my PC and plug into my PS4 pro. Is there a way to connect my PS4 pro, PC and MBP into 1 Hub and I choose the output from there ?

2. Monitor - I have yet to connect my MBP to my monitor, can I connect it to my monitor via a power delivery adapter via the HDMI port and charge my mbp at the same time ? Any adapter to recommend ? Or should I get a USB C monitor to solve the problem ?

3. Keyboard/Mouse - Is it possible to connect the keyboard/mouse to my monitor and alternate its use between the mbp and PC ? Or if I were to use a virtual hub, how does it detect a change in system if both are on?

Get a DAC with a active power speakers.

Im not good at DAC, so i will leave what kind of DAC recommendations out there for hwc people to decide.

You will need a DAC that has 1 USB (desktop)/1 Optical input (PS4)/1 HDMI for your mbp.

At any point of time, you can toggle the input source and use your hesdphones or speakers to output sound from your DAC.

Display wise, PS4 has to have 1 HDMI direct to your monitor. 1 DP drect from your desktop to your monitor.

As for mbp, i not sure if DAC allows you to do a video passthrough. If not then you will need to connect it directly to the monitor via a usb c to hdmi. You MUST buy a compliant cable that is able to carry both video and sound together.

Keyboard and mouse sharing you need to buy a software called Synergy. This will allow you to seemlessly share your mouse and keyboard across your mbp and destop.

https://symless.com/synergy

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 2/3 all you need is a kvm. Then you can share 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse. 1 really not sure. Let other pros advise.

USB KVM with HDMI? I assume the headphone uses 3.5mm, just plug a cheap USB soundcard and plug to the KVM.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Option for you:

- Creative Katana
This one got USB connection, 3.5 mm jack and headphone.
You can connect all the device.

- Logitech Z625
Plenty of connection, optical, 3.5mm, RCA

You can consider getting speakers with multiple connection
so you can connect all your devices.
Headset wise go directly to the speaker.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hardware
Dell 2715H
1 wired keyboard/mouse
PS4 Pro
13 inch MBP 2017
HyperX cloud Headphones
Bose QC35

Question:

I have a setup similar to yours.

1) I use the Creative Soundblaster X7 that I connect my PC (via USB) and PS4 Pro (via Optical) to so that I can get audio either to the headphones or surround speakers easily. I can either use the software on PC or the app on my phone to swich profiles and/or toggle between headphone or speaker for audio to come out from.

2) There is a USB to HDMI 2.0b adapter. Or just the multi usb/ethernet/hdmi kind of port thing. Or this. It can be used to charge and stream 4K 60Hz video to to a monitor.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/USB-C-TO-HDMI-ADAPTER-WITH-PD-CHARGING-PORT-4K-60HZ-TECHDOTY/567824484

3) If you want a very believable lowest latency when moving your mouse between PC and MBP, I suggest using Synergy. You can even copy and paste words and even files between them. So your one keyboard and mouse can work on both platforms. Just select your PC as your base where the keyboard and mouse is and install synergy on your MBP and connect to the same account and choose whether right or left and that's it. Can use both simultaneously.

Edit: Didnt see Roy's similar offer for Synergy. But basically ya. Means Synergy is good and works. Enjoy!

Eldarchen

Reaction score
I have a setup similar to yours.

1) I use the Creative Soundblaster X7 that I connect my PC (via USB) and PS4 Pro (via Optical) to so that I can get audio either to the headphones or surround speakers easily. I can either use the software on PC or the app on my phone to swich profiles and/or toggle between headphone or speaker for audio to come out from.

2) There is a USB to HDMI 2.0b adapter. Or just the multi usb/ethernet/hdmi kind of port thing. Or this. It can be used to charge and stream 4K 60Hz video to to a monitor.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/USB-C-TO-HDMI-ADAPTER-WITH-PD-CHARGING-PORT-4K-60HZ-TECHDOTY/567824484

3) If you want a very believable lowest latency when moving your mouse between PC and MBP, I suggest using Synergy. You can even copy and paste words and even files between them. So your one keyboard and mouse can work on both platforms. Just select your PC as your base where the keyboard and mouse is and install synergy on your MBP and connect to the same account and choose whether right or left and that's it. Can use both simultaneously.

Edit: Didnt see Roy's similar offer for Synergy. But basically ya. Means Synergy is good and works. Enjoy!

Hi,

For option 3, do I need to have my pc on in order for me to use it ? Meaning both pc and mbp have to be on to use the mouse as I’m using the pc as a base ? Saw the YouTube videos , they are using 2 screens , if I’m only using 1 monitor and changing the source , will it still be able to detect ?

Eldarchen

Reaction score
Option for you:

- Creative Katana
This one got USB connection, 3.5 mm jack and headphone.
You can connect all the device.

- Logitech Z625
Plenty of connection, optical, 3.5mm, RCA

You can consider getting speakers with multiple connection
so you can connect all your devices.
Headset wise go directly to the speaker.

Hi,

Just to clarify , you mean I can connect my keyboard mouse and headphones to creative katana and share it with my ps4, pc and mbp ? Wow if thats the case it would solve the problem !

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just to clarify , you mean I can connect my keyboard mouse and headphones to creative katana and share it with my ps4, pc and mbp ? Wow if thats the case it would solve the problem !

Katana only handle audio.
Input devices like mouse, keyboard you need a KVM or wireless keyboard solution like Logitech flow which allow you to connect multiple devices.

Red_herring

Reaction score
I think this may work

1 & 2 - pc (assuming got HDMI), ps4pro, mbp connect -> a av receiver -> HDMI of monitor. Sound settings, depends on whether can also send via HDMI, else can use other inputs option of the av receiver. Hyper X can plug into it also. You can also buy speakers to connect to the car.

3 - a USB switcher may solve your problem. https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Selector-Computers-Peripheral-Switcher/dp/B01N6GD9JO

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this may work

1 & 2 - pc (assuming got HDMI), ps4pro, mbp connect -> a av receiver -> HDMI of monitor. Sound settings, depends on whether can also send via HDMI, else can use other inputs option of the av receiver. Hyper X can plug into it also. You can also buy speakers to connect to the car.

3 - a USB switcher may solve your problem. https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Selector-Computers-Peripheral-Switcher/dp/B01N6GD9JO

Err... AVR maybe overkill for use with PC, not to mention nearfield
listening AVR isn't very suitable.
Alternate is Logitech Z906 with lots of audio input.

Red_herring

Reaction score
Err... AVR maybe overkill for use with PC, not to mention nearfield
listening AVR isn't very suitable.
Alternate is Logitech Z906 with lots of audio input.

initially i went with the avr option because i thought his monitor only got 1 hdmi & 1 displayport. so an avr will solve the issue of not enough hdmi ports for all 3 items.

With his monitor having enough ports, katana would be good. Just enough inputs & headphone jack.
(Edit) My bad, Z906 also have headphone jack! All the while I thought it didn't. Thanks for the correction, LiLAsN

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
initially i went with the avr option because i thought his monitor only got 1 hdmi & 1 displayport. so an avr will solve the issue of not enough hdmi ports for all 3 items.

With his monitor having enough ports, katana would be good. Just enough inputs & headphone jack. Z906 downside is no headphone jack.

Wrong. Z906 has a headphone jack. It is to the right of the control unit.

Eldarchen

Reaction score
I think this may work

I think this USB switcher might be the answer , will check it out more in details, only problem I might have is that MBP uses USB C and I might have to get another adapter

Eldarchen

Reaction score

With his monitor having enough ports, katana would be good. Just enough inputs & headphone jack.
(Edit) My bad, Z906 also have headphone jack! All the while I thought it didn't. Thanks for the correction, LiLAsN

I have 2 HDMI and 1 Display port, I can connect the PS4 and MBP via the HDMI and my PC via display port.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.