[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.

Despacito

Reaction score
Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.

Quite sad to hear ... think it will be better for them to concentrate on their console too ... guess they lose to Nintendo switch hands down this time.

taker42

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got the PS4 pro. It is slightly louder than expected when playing God of War (yes I'm slow).

Anybody got suggestions besides air con room? I saw some YouTube video on changing the thermal paste but I don't want to void warranty. Currently thinking about getting usb fans and blowing at the intake vents but not sure of effectiveness.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AMpZ4Uz.jpg

another one bites the dust. :(

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
*Promotion valid while stocks last and cannot be used with other promotions!*
*For Free Items, lowest value item will be Free*
*CASH payment only*

PS4 Brand New Games and Accessories: 20% off Listed Price!
Nintendo Switch Brand New Games and Accessories: 20% off Listed Price!
PS4 Preowned Games: Buy 2 Get 1 Free!
Xbox360 and Xbox One Games: Buy 1 Get 1 Free!
PS Vita and 3DS Games: Buy 1 Get 1 Free!

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Just got the PS4 pro. It is slightly louder than expected when playing God of War (yes I'm slow).

Anybody got suggestions besides air con room? I saw some YouTube video on changing the thermal paste but I don't want to void warranty. Currently thinking about getting usb fans and blowing at the intake vents but not sure of effectiveness.

Is it loud during gameplay or only on the menus?

Elysium87

Reaction score
wa so many closed shop

i guess everyone will just buy and sell online in the end

online is much cheaper than selling in shop now. games in shop usually are expensive. even qisahn items are getting more exp. i know one or two shops that sells much cheaper.

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
XMOCs14.jpg

great game, "15 yrs ago"

VR mode can play with view from cockpit

hate re-remastered games. but most prob buying if no games to play in sept.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite sad to hear ... think it will be better for them to concentrate on their console too ... guess they lose to Nintendo switch hands down this time.

:s13::s13:

reason for that is not entire because of nintendo switch.

is because vita kane jailbreak fully liao.

people just DL the game ISO n put in the memory card, then use the custom app to install the game into digital.

thats why no point coming out physical copies oso liao.

might as well go full digital.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Looking to buy Horizon Zero Dawn. Saw it listed on the sony store at 60 dollars. is that a good price? Saw it listed on lazada for $35 but R2 (no idea what that means). I assume its some sort of parallel import?

Where do you guys typically buy your games from? I've really no clue.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy Horizon Zero Dawn. Saw it listed on the sony store at 60 dollars. is that a good price? Saw it listed on lazada for $35 but R2 (no idea what that means). I assume its some sort of parallel import?

Where do you guys typically buy your games from? I've really no clue.

I will compare online price and store price and get whichever is cheaper.

taker42

Master Member
Reaction score
2nd hand from Carousell is a good option to me.

For HZD, see if you can get the complete edition since it comes with the expansion.

The R is just the region of the game. Essentially it just limits you to buy dlc from that region's playstation store. If you try to buy from another region's store, the dlc won't work.

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as a relatively new ps4 owner

the ps4 patch notes made me think i use the most "stable" OS in the world

5.55 is just a reaction to someone posting that he had a kernal exploit.

it's frustrating to users like us who cant be bothered about homebrew on the ps4 esp since 5.53 was like 5 days ago...
not to mention that if u dun update, the ps4 is kinda crippled cus u cant get dlc and patches...

anyway the ps4 patch notes is way better than 3ds where every new fw is just stability...

little_one

Reaction score
5.55 is just a reaction to someone posting that he had a kernal exploit.

it's frustrating to users like us who cant be bothered about homebrew on the ps4 esp since 5.53 was like 5 days ago...
not to mention that if u dun update, the ps4 is kinda crippled cus u cant get dlc and patches...

anyway the ps4 patch notes is way better than 3ds where every new fw is just stability...

yea it just funny they always writes "stability" when in truth they just want to protect themself from piracy

corporate jargon will never change i guess

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.