Kaplan - Murdoch Degree

Xxrachxx

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those that are taking Murdoch degree with Kaplan. I am interested in knowing the level of difficulty in the course. I am contemplating to take up a single major in Murdoch as a backup plan.

Just some brief background, I am currently with UniSIM as a 3 year student but my grades have been deteriorating and I really find it very tough to cope. :( so in the worst case scenario I got expelled by school. I am contemplating to take a degree with Murdoch (kaplan). So would be helpful if I can know the level of difficulty for Murdoch university. Thanks.

malvin-2010

Reaction score
Hi, current student in murdoch (kaplan) double major program, so far in my second year, juggling between work and studies, I think it's manageable. I'm taking 2 modules per semester. Are you working as well?

Xxrachxx

Reaction score
Hi, current student in murdoch (kaplan) double major program, so far in my second year, juggling between work and studies, I think it's manageable. I'm taking 2 modules per semester. Are you working as well?

Hi. Thanks for getting back! :). Can I know what course are you taking?

Yep I am working as well. Kinda regret taking my degree from suss actually. With my heavy workload and some changes in new modules it’s really very tough.

So if you are taking 2 modules per semester, so when would you be able to complete your degree by?

malvin-2010

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for getting back! :). Can I know what course are you taking?

Yep I am working as well. Kinda regret taking my degree from suss actually. With my heavy workload and some changes in new modules it’s really very tough.

So if you are taking 2 modules per semester, so when would you be able to complete your degree by?

Cyber Forensics and Business Information System.

SUSS is tough huh, why not resign and focus on your last year?

Double major has 14 modules so I should be completing in 7 semester (2 years 4 months)

Xxrachxx

Reaction score
Cyber Forensics and Business Information System.

SUSS is tough huh, why not resign and focus on your last year?

Double major has 14 modules so I should be completing in 7 semester (2 years 4 months)

Yep. If I remembered correctly, there’s about 20 ish modules to clear. Those previous modules were not so bad. But ever since they changed some modules, those new ones are tough. Hmm. Did have such thought but it’s hard to find good career prospect like the one I am having now.

Do you have any idea how Long will it take to clear single major if I took 2 modules per sem.

malvin-2010

Reaction score
Yep. If I remembered correctly, there’s about 20 ish modules to clear. Those previous modules were not so bad. But ever since they changed some modules, those new ones are tough. Hmm. Did have such thought but it’s hard to find good career prospect like the one I am having now.

Do you have any idea how Long will it take to clear single major if I took 2 modules per sem.

Depends on the number of modules u need to study, I suppose u can carry your previously passed modules from SUSS to Murdoch to get an exemption on some modules? That could lessen the time spent in Murdoch. You might need to call up Kaplan for more information.

Xxrachxx

Reaction score
Depends on the number of modules u need to study, I suppose u can carry your previously passed modules from SUSS to Murdoch to get an exemption on some modules? That could lessen the time spent in Murdoch. You might need to call up Kaplan for more information.

Thanks! I do hope they allow some modules to be exempted

Daywalker85

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those that are taking Murdoch degree with Kaplan. I am interested in knowing the level of difficulty in the course. I am contemplating to take up a single major in Murdoch as a backup plan.

Just some brief background, I am currently with UniSIM as a 3 year student but my grades have been deteriorating and I really find it very tough to cope. :( so in the worst case scenario I got expelled by school. I am contemplating to take a degree with Murdoch (kaplan). So would be helpful if I can know the level of difficulty for Murdoch university. Thanks.

Hi. What's your gpa now? I was a student of suss. Since u left 20 cu, why not finish it? Time and money already invested. It will be wise to complete your degree. You can consult the school and pick these elective without exam.your gps will not drop much since u already near completion. Someone I knew took 5years

Last edited:

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Hi. What's your gpa now? I was a student of suss. Since u left 20 cu, why not finish it? Time and money already invested. It will be wise to complete your degree. You can consult the school and pick these elective without exam.your gps will not drop much since u already near completion. Someone I knew took 5years

yup. agree.

Xxrachxx

Reaction score

Hello. Thanks for replying. My gpa is now 2.4. Yea. I will just try to complete it first. Unfortunately for my modules, all are left with exams. I’m so stress up over the gpa. :( suss just seems to get tougher and tougher.

Last edited:

Daywalker85

Reaction score
Hello. Thanks for replying. My gpa is now 2.4. Yea. I will just try to complete it first. Unfortunately for my modules, all are left with exams. I’m so stress up over the gpa. :( suss just seems to get tougher and tougher.

As long above 2 u r fine. Your gpa towards the end will have little impact even if fail. Its only matter it u aiming for pass with merit or honors(which maintain average of 3)

HafizDanial

Reaction score
Hi malvin, have some questions for you, taking the same course as you from the same uni.

KuroI-Kaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just finish ur last 20 cu even if gpa not nice. not wise to spend extra money and time to start all over again. suss brand name is better and can tank the hit from a low gpa when comparing to a murdoch kaplan degree. furthermore u are not fresh grad so the degree will be complimentary to your work experience.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.