SUSS Part time 2018/07 intake

calliope

Reaction score
Thinking of applying part time. But application fee is so expensive $64++. Has anyone been rejected so far?

if you meet the stated requirements on their website, I think it's unlikely you'll get rejected. just apply and see

$64++ is just the start of it haha

calliope

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm fairly new here. 请多多指教!

I received my confirmation earlier and I so stunned like vegetables when I see the program structures.

Took some time to understand the requirement for graduation but would like to seek advice from any upperclassmen on the Compulsory courses, U-Cores and Electives.

hmm it may look complicated but I think it's ok once you read it carefully, so it's good that you took time to understand. what programme are you taking? and what do you want to clarify?

roarnobo

Reaction score
hi all , i just got email saying i accepted to BHERP - BSc Information Technology and Business (ERP) programme 2018/07 intake. anyone taking this course as well? :)

roarnobo

Reaction score
hi all , i just got email saying i accepted to BHERP - BSc Information Technology and Business (ERP) programme 2018/07 intake. anyone taking this course as well? :)

anyways, im only 21 this year , i heard usually part time courses have alot of working adults , am i considered very young to study for this degree? :s13: i am planning to take 20cu worth of mods this sem when i enroll since i dont think i will be working while studying (for now)... haha

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which module u gg to take?
My friends who are also SUSS students advised me to go slow when starting, since everyone is working full time.

So i am thinking of taking 2 modules (1biz + 1 psy) + SDE101. I am same like you need to SDE101 also...

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Last edited:

yasmd78

Reaction score
My friends who are also SUSS students advised me to go slow when starting, since everyone is working full time.

So i am thinking of taking 2 modules (1biz + 1 psy) + SDE101. I am same like you need to SDE101 also...

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Im planning to just take 1 Biz mod and SDE101 for semester..cos my wife giving birth n afraid that i cant cope with the crying baby..

I tried to log in just now..but cant find the SDE101 module..where is it..

Also, is the tuition grant automatic? Do we need to apply seperately?

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im planning to just take 1 Biz mod and SDE101 for semester..cos my wife giving birth n afraid that i cant cope with the crying baby..

I don't think we need to find SDE101. I saw in the email stating to login to https://canvas.suss.edu.sg, using your MyMail UserID one week after receiving it. It should be auto registered.

tuition grant - i think it is also in the canvas page too. Need to check

Btw, congratulations to you!

Last edited:

calliope

Reaction score

hmm I didn't need to take SDE101 but actually, I think it should be fairly easy.. your command of English seems fine to me too so you shouldn't have a problem. http://tlc.suss.edu.sg/english-proficiency.html not sure if you'll find this page helpful but just fyi.

you know how it works right, term 1 and term 2? if you only take one module you won't have anything to do for the other 6 weeks. again, just something for you to consider. but yeah I can understand if you want to go slow cause a newborn isn't easy to care for haha. congrats btw! =)

oh and the subsidy is automatic, you just need to pay the amount listed in your invoice

yasmd78

Reaction score
hmm I didn't need to take SDE101 but actually, I think it should be fairly easy.. your command of English seems fine to me too so you shouldn't have a problem. http://tlc.suss.edu.sg/english-proficiency.html not sure if you'll find this page helpful but just fyi.

you know how it works right, term 1 and term 2? if you only take one module you won't have anything to do for the other 6 weeks. again, just something for you to consider. but yeah I can understand if you want to go slow cause a newborn isn't easy to care for haha. congrats btw! =)

oh and the subsidy is automatic, you just need to pay the amount listed in your invoice

Thank u for the link and information. And, i hope my English have improved throughout the years..lol. :)

Yeah n having a newborn is no joke(my friends say)
And i also need time to warm up studying after sooo many years.

Oh btw, do we need to buy any text book?

Last edited:

Jayley

Reaction score
hmm it may look complicated but I think it's ok once you read it carefully, so it's good that you took time to understand. what programme are you taking? and what do you want to clarify?
I'm enrolled in BSc in Marketing.

Did some quick read through, different courses have different requirement for graduating.

For mine, it's 130 CU which is 80 CU from Compulsory Courses, 10 from U-Cores, 30 from Electives.

I'm thinking of taking 2 Compulsory with 1 U-Core for my Semester 1. Hopefully I can clear the U-core and focus on Electives and Compulsory by Year 2.

newstewdent

Reaction score
Hallo, any finance peeps here? How many mods yall taking? Im taking 3 plus 1 u core. Apparently taking max 4 plus one is very hard. Anyone can advice???

buddyshan

Reaction score
I’m enrolled to BACC course - registered for 4 compulsory module and 1 core module for July18 semester. I’m currently working full-time now and was quite concerned if I can cope well. I took 2 modules in term 1 and another 2 in term 2.
A close friend of mine who is a current year 4 student in marketing course, has advised me to take 4+1 modules. She mentioned it’s managable as level 1 and 2 modules are not that difficult. The amount of modules taken per semester will affect how fast you graduate. I can’t afford to delay because I have 170cu to complete :( . Hope i won’t regret taking up max CUs.

All the best peeps! :D

roarnobo

Reaction score
I’m enrolled to BACC course - registered for 4 compulsory module and 1 core module for July18 semester. I’m currently working full-time now and was quite concerned if I can cope well. I took 2 modules in term 1 and another 2 in term 2.
A close friend of mine who is a current year 4 student in marketing course, has advised me to take 4+1 modules. She mentioned it’s managable as level 1 and 2 modules are not that difficult. The amount of modules taken per semester will affect how fast you graduate. I can’t afford to delay because I have 170cu to complete :( . Hope i won’t regret taking up max CUs.

All the best peeps! :D

im taking 4+1 modules as well , though im in the BHERP course:)

calliope

Reaction score
Thank u for the link and information. And, i hope my English have improved throughout the years..lol. :)

Yeah n having a newborn is no joke(my friends say)
And i also need time to warm up studying after sooo many years.

Oh btw, do we need to buy any text book?

Nope it's included already. You just need to collect them - there should be more info in your emails or announcements :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.