Asus ROG Pugio Feature Highlight and Short review

Psycovirus

Reaction score
[Disclaimer:Won this at Asus TUF Launch Meetup]

nSn3IHR.jpg

Asus Republic of Gamers[ROG] brand needs no introduction.

Prat of ROG is the Pugio mouse which has an ambidextrous design for both right-hand and left-hand users with some unique modular side buttons to configure it left or right use.

It involves a 7200 DPI optical sensor, 1000 Hz polling rate and of course, most importantly, Aura Sync addressable RGB to make it gamer-y

oiK4VHQ.gif

The mouse comes with,
  • A carrying Pouch (nice one to boot!)
  • An accessory case
  • 2* Onmron switches
  • Left side-button replacement cover
  • Right-side butotn replacement cover
  • Metallic ROG Badge with 3M double sided tape on the back, ready to stick to your PC

1i2TQTa.jpg
96cxDsw.jpg

yb8cq1X.jpg

As per shown in this Diagram below, the mouse can easily be opened up by removing the 4 rubber covers, unscrewing the 4 screws and self-replacing the switches. Nice that Asus included 2 extra switches!
LcgH0rU.jpg

Another neat feature is that the two side buttons are attached with Magnets.
zWS1Isx.jpg

It can easily be popped out and replaced by a Cover. You don't want to have buttons on both sides. I have tried. Since I am a Right-hander, I always accidentally press the left side buttons with my grip. So, I just pop-off the right side buttons and pop-on the included cover...

Slow-mo cover re-placement
dN4J7OM.gif

(PS: I love the 960fps on my Galaxy S9+, it's so gimmicky yet so cool)

Last edited:

Psycovirus

Reaction score
7200 DPI Optical Sensor
5cAx97u.jpg

Build Quality wise, nothing to complain about. The left and right click feels tactile while the side buttons are placed perfectly at my thumb for easy clicking. The scroll wheel is nothing special(except the RGB!) but it works as expected. There are 3 teflon feet for easy gliding and PUGIO+ROG Logo at the bottom.

Comfortability wise, the smooth plastic texture and the round body fits naturally in my hands. When lifting the mouse up and flicking, the contour of the side profile prevents the mouse from slipping off.

Finally, how does it fair when playing FPS?

Very well in fact. At just 100g, the weight feels just right. The mouse does not jerk when lifted. Lift off distance is about 1mm thus it is great for those who play at low DPI and loves to flick the mouse.

I had fun playing Far Cry 5 with this mouse! Just keep flicking and killing every Angel around me.

For the price of about $99, it is a good choice for FPS gamers.
It is just not for me. I prefer to play MMOs more thus I am sticking to my Logitech G600 with 12 side buttons. haha.

mKrchwY.jpg

I will now pass this awesome RGB mouse to my Dad who really needs a new mouse replacement. He has been using the same old $15 mouse from challenger for a few years now...

Hope you enjoy the review! Thank you to Asus@SG for giving me a chance to win this mouse!

PS: Sorry, I didn't try out the Asus Armory application and its features.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.