Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On a recent overnight trip to Batam, I was wondering what I should do for Internet access. I thought of my MCard (M1 prepaid card), and out of the blue decided to explore those MY prepaid cards.

Lo and behold, finally settled on Hotlink Data Roam Pass. Saved me having to hunt and spend time (which I couldn't spare) to get an IN prepaid card as well.

I believe some of you with Hotlink cards would have received quite a few SMSes from them lately, about this 1GB RM10/day roaming. What I like about it, is that it's automatic - just turn on Data Roam on the phone and that's it. (Some of my friends using their Digi cards had to go through the subscription steps. =:p )

8 Countries covered:
Singapore
Indonesia
Thailand
Myanmar
Brunei
Philippines
Cambodia
Laos

Too much credit in your Hotlink card, and still waiting for the iPhone to come up with dual-SIM slots? I'm now considering the option to switch the SIM cards at home and turning on data roam on the day of departure (when I'll also be expecting Whatsapp messages and calls), so I won't have to bother about having to deal with the SIM slot removing PIN and SIM cards later. =:p

Good sharing...

Too bad as I don't own a Hotlink card, it is tedious to maintain so many cards. :D..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good sharing...

Too bad as I don't own a Hotlink card, it is tedious to maintain so many cards. :D..
I've a note in my phone listing all the cards and dates, and check in occasionally. Having said that though, am in the midst of cutting down too. :D

My main card is still Hotlink with an old plan. ;)

cryn79

Reaction score
Hi all, I think it was mentioned in the thread before of a website to top up Hotlink pre paid cards.
I tried searching in the thread and I can't find it.

Can anyone pls help to recommend? Thanks!

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On a recent overnight trip to Batam, I was wondering what I should do for Internet access. I thought of my MCard (M1 prepaid card), and out of the blue decided to explore those MY prepaid cards.

Lo and behold, finally settled on Hotlink Data Roam Pass. Saved me having to hunt and spend time (which I couldn't spare) to get an IN prepaid card as well.

I believe some of you with Hotlink cards would have received quite a few SMSes from them lately, about this 1GB RM10/day roaming. What I like about it, is that it's automatic - just turn on Data Roam on the phone and that's it. (Some of my friends using their Digi cards had to go through the subscription steps. =:p )

8 Countries covered:
Singapore
Indonesia
Thailand
Myanmar
Brunei
Philippines
Cambodia
Laos

Too much credit in your Hotlink card, and still waiting for the iPhone to come up with dual-SIM slots? I'm now considering the option to switch the SIM cards at home and turning on data roam on the day of departure (when I'll also be expecting Whatsapp messages and calls), so I won't have to bother about having to deal with the SIM slot removing PIN and SIM cards later. =:p

I don't use iPhone, but won't people that really needs Dual SIM on iPhone explore those Dual SIM Adaptor for their model of iPhone??

Some have Triple SIM.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
wa jialat. i go msia like once every few months. then my hotline fast 3.0 sim keep want to terminate.

need topup rm5 by today or kena terminated again..

any reco for more affordable sims anot? each time topup 5, use only 3 nia..

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a sim card with long validity as I lost my TRON card recently

Usage would be as follows

- day trips to JB (once per 1-2 months)
- week long trips to other parts of malaysia (once or twice per year)

will the onexox card be the best for me?

thanks!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

thanks!

My main problem with the OneXOX card, is that the minimum data one can draw out is 500MB to be used up within a month. Not exactly suitable for day trips only once a month unless you're constantly online during each trip.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

thanks!

Buy a new SIM everytime?

RM8.50 ~ RM10.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
does hotlink emergency rm1 topup extend the termination date? my sim gonna terminate today, and i will only visit msia prolly next month.. dont wanna waste rm5 to extend the card

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
I think it does.

should i keep my hotlink number? abit sian need to keep topping up rm5 every 50days just to keep it alive.

i go msia at most once a month, sometimes maybe once every 2months.
everytime topup rm5, spend rm3 for a daypass nia.

not sure if should keep keeping my hotlink alive or just ditch it and get another plan next time when i go msia..

if get terminated like abit wasted since the sim card itself costs rm10

kitkat2

Reaction score
should i keep my hotlink number? abit sian need to keep topping up rm5 every 50days just to keep it alive.

i go msia at most once a month, sometimes maybe once every 2months.
everytime topup rm5, spend rm3 for a daypass nia.

not sure if should keep keeping my hotlink alive or just ditch it and get another plan next time when i go msia..

if get terminated like abit wasted since the sim card itself costs rm10

you can "topup" rm1 on shopee.

or move to digi and get 90 days instead of 50.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.