mainboard brands

charliebrown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in turn of mainboard brand,
which do u prefer in turn of stability, feature and cost?

asus, msi or gigabyte.

wat do u think?:s11::s11:

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
None. I would go for the most correct board for a given budget :crazy:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asrock, MSI, gigabyte all good.

Asus I find overpriced

FlipGor

Reaction score

asus, msi or gigabyte.

Definitely Asus. However, i feel asus products are simply overpriced locally so i no choice just buy overseas orh :( gpu from amazon, mobo from taobao etc.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely Asus. However, i feel asus products are simply overpriced locally so i no choice just buy overseas orh :( gpu from amazon, mobo from taobao etc.
I find Asus the worst :s27:

That's what 2 Broken motherboards, 1 broken laptop and 1 broken Mouse have taught me.

The mouse broke down within 3 days :eek:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

asus, msi or gigabyte.

The brand which give me free F&B, 1/100 chance to upgrade for free and free gaming mouse.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
ASRock for me. I like their simple non-gamery UI in UEFI and the price/performance is great.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's what 2 Broken motherboards, 1 broken laptop and 1 broken Mouse have taught me.

Your affinity with Asus is terrible lol. My Asus laptop is 6 years then retire, followed by a 3 years and still running. Motherboard running core 2 duo until upgraded to 4th gen i5 still working before retire.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

asus, msi or gigabyte.

Asus if you got budget and in need of good BIOS.

MSI/Asrock if value for money.

No gigabyte unless it have a certain something I want from them (motherboard layout, io connection offering, or whatever the purpose of the rig that gigabyte can offer while others don't.)

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your affinity with Asus is terrible lol. My Asus laptop is 6 years then retire, followed by a 3 years and still running. Motherboard running core 2 duo until upgraded to 4th gen i5 still working before retire.

Actually, I once flogged laptops and there was a constant stream of refurbished Asus models which we could let go cheaply. We never had so many refurbished units from the other brands so I wondered what was going on.

FlipGor

Reaction score

Owned multiple asus products over the years

01 x 970 strix, 01x 290 directcu, 01 x 1060 dual, 2 x Z87 tuf and a zenbook ux305...and none of them bought locally :) (protest with my wallet!).

Never had any problems though..other than the 290 with the infamous heatpipe issue, which didnt really affected me as i installed a waterblock.

Asrock also recently getting more and more solid. Esp when building ryzen builds. The value proposition by asrock is like up there, if not the best. Help built 3 rigs for friends on separate occasion all using Asrock b250m pro4

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I once flogged laptops and there was a constant stream of refurbished Asus models which we could let go cheaply. We never had so many refurbished units from the other brands so I wondered what was going on.
Sales volume. The more laptop a brand sell, the higher the number of returned unit. I mean it make sense, unless you are free enough to compile charts of info about which laptop brand have the highest PERCENTAGE of failure.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gigabyte for me.

Asus second. But wouldn't go for Asus laptop after I experience their super good after sales support. Lol. At least motherboard is by distributor so support not so bad. No to Asus laptop and phones.

sglords

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Durability! PIA to take apart wc rig to troubleshoot.
Also prefer distributors that are nearer to my office in case need RMA.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In terms of no frills and simplicity, MSI for me. This brands takes the cake for having the simplest and easy to see BIOS implementation. Their entry to mid level gaming arsenal are simply no frill motherboards with no special features and yet it just works basically for any task day to day use.

For features rich and pushing boundaries, this one i have to give it to Asus. Asus really push a lot of new things and some turns out useful. Such as Asus was the first one to implement BIOS Flashback without CPU. They implement some things that other brands did not implement. Did anybody noticed, Asus Crosshair 7 has dual m.2 slots that supports PCIE Gen 3.0 x4 while most of the other brands are operating dual m.2 slots with 1 PCIE Gen 3.0 x4 and the other PCIE Gen 2.0 x2/x4 mode? OLED display, DIMM.2, build in IO shield. All this is something that Asus can do and daring to innovate.

Price/Performance? The weakest link is Asus. They are damn expensive to own for ROG products. To truly own top of the line ROG products, it is really expensive. I wish they are priced competitively for all their ROG line up, giving people a taste of certain features that are appreciable to people at a nice attractive price range. However their spun off coy ASRock is indeed interesting. They love to include more necessities in their board for the same price bracket from other brands.

For personal usage, i use MSI for my mum's PC and Asus for my own personal rig just for all the new things that they implemented.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.