Is that you?

How is it for you tapping at bus?

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is that you?

How is it for you tapping at bus?
Yeah, might test bus later. I actually use a corporate pass where my company pays for all my PT travels so not a lot of incentive to keep playing this thing :s22:

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
in summary, this contactless mobile payment still on trial ?
i wish to have this option on standby when i forget my fare card

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Video got cut but detection was fast with AW3 on a Go-Ahead S’pore bus. Given that this is a newly registered card, their ops are downloading the list of allowed cards nicely (have encountered hit-and-miss on buses before using physical MasterCard under ABT).

200w.gif

Last edited:

Dingding6

Reaction score
Video got cut but detection was fast with AW3 on a Go-Ahead S’pore bus. Given that this is a newly registered card, their ops are downloading the list of allowed cards nicely (have encountered hit-and-miss on buses before using physical MasterCard under ABT).

200w.gif

it's quite weird you have hit and miss with physical Mastercard ABT, to me Physical Mastercard abt is more reliable........the consistent rate is like 99.5%.........of course it's not that fast

you cut in the middle or front.....it's looks as if less than 0.5s :s13:

the question is....are you able to have consistently tap for more than a week :)

just curious, how did you take those video??? body cam? or using a phone to record?

Last edited:

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
it's quite weird you have hit and miss with physical Mastercard ABT, to me Physical Mastercard abt is more reliable........the consistent rate is like 99.5%.........of course it's not that fast

you cut in the middle or front.....it's looks as if less than 0.5s :s13:

the question is....are you able to have consistently tap for more than a week :)

just curious, how did you take those video??? body cam? or using a phone to record?
record with phone. i think watch is consistent due to a clear defined area for tapping, whereas with phone it can be a hit and miss. will try phone with another device and test. anyway not worth using it for a week as i have a corporate cepas card :s13:

Dingding6

Reaction score
record with phone. i think watch is consistent due to a clear defined area for tapping, whereas with phone it can be a hit and miss. will try phone with another device and test. anyway not worth using it for a week as i have a corporate cepas card :s13:

you mean clear defined area on the watch or on the Bus reader?

i guess you would be able to test then they start the trial for cepas as well

Last edited:

Dingding6

Reaction score
i tried using my apple watch yesterday and it was unsuccessful.
the amount of stares from holding the line behind is something that can be felt.
i quickly take out my physical card and used it instead.
Notice some side glares and some making the "tsk" sound. LoL

after which, i noticed my apple watch no longer unlocks when i unlock my phone.
so i manually key in the passcode and the watch is in a "hang" state.
no updates nor notifications came in.
i have to force shut down and reboot my watch.

I guess the pay app on watch just got stuck in the background since my last tap.

how long were you trying to attract those glare and "tsk" sound lol~

it's funny how i never encounter those when i tried.....maybe i am deaf to the surrounding =:p

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dingding6

Reaction score

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you mean clear defined area on the watch or on the Bus reader?

i guess you would be able to test then they start the trial for cepas as well
watch. iphone has many variations, tilt, slide etc. will try my iPX when i have time :D

Dingding6

Reaction score
Below EWL station but near entrance to CCL. Remember to show this on your phone screen so they know what you want.

actually even don't need to show that......just mention want to register phone for mobile payment trial......they won't even bother to look or ask for it.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long were you trying to attract those glare and "tsk" sound lol~

it's funny how i never encounter those when i tried.....maybe i am deaf to the surrounding =:p

how long?
1st try unsuccessful, the fellow behind me already bump into me
by then the 1st stare was from the guy.
and while i reach into my pocket for the physical card, those behind were already impatient and i could hear some one "tsk"

:s13:

Dingding6

Reaction score
how long?
1st try unsuccessful, the fellow behind me already bump into me
by then the 1st stare was from the guy.
and while i reach into my pocket for the physical card, those behind were already impatient and i could hear some one "tsk"

:s13:

Oo, what I mean how long were you standing there trying?

You probably standing there like 5-6s?:s13:

Last time what I would do is, within 2s no respond, either I move Abit let behind queue tap first, then try again later or I switch to card straight away

To me anything slower than card is consider failed

Last edited:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
in another thread about ABT for physical mastercard "Mastercard tap in TransitLink", some forumers reported that their paypass function spoiled after a year of ABT usage and need replacement. not sure what's the reason. is it the card antenna cannot support too frequent usage, or there is a max limit of taps, or bus/mrt readers spoiled it? :eek::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.