The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

AaronGoh

Reaction score
Is essilor 360 Crizal Prevencia better than zeiss superb duravision platinum for single vision?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is essilor 360 Crizal Prevencia better than zeiss superb duravision platinum for single vision?

Correct me if i'm wrong, currently essilor does not have 360 anymore, probably other countries. Singapore is just purely crizal prenvencia.

But the answer to your question is that duravision imho comes out on top atm. The new essilor coat which is the Sapphire coat then is the one on par with Duravision.

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa 禍不單行 i went to jb change my frame then now i notice white specks on my zeiss lenses.

is it covered by zeiss or the shop?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha that’s the issue with buying overseas. If really unfortunate got some issue, it will be a hassle. But of course like many mentioned it’s cheaper so.. gotta weigh the pros and cons.
They should help by right, so I advise you probably go down and see what happen. All the best but if really cannot then take it as lesson learnt!

so they should be able to do something? wa damn lecik to order specs from malaysia lol..

worried that they wont help.

AaronGoh

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong, currently essilor does not have 360 anymore, probably other countries. Singapore is just purely crizal prenvencia.

But the answer to your question is that duravision imho comes out on top atm. The new essilor coat which is the Sapphire coat then is the one on par with Duravision.

Dear Bro Gangsterkia - what about clarity? superb vs crizal?:s22:

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha that’s the issue with buying overseas. If really unfortunate got some issue, it will be a hassle. But of course like many mentioned it’s cheaper so.. gotta weigh the pros and cons.
They should help by right, so I advise you probably go down and see what happen. All the best but if really cannot then take it as lesson learnt!

any idea what cause those white specks?

Swiftyz

Reaction score
does lasik help?

My fren who works in the eye clinic says lasik only helps temporary. The period will vary depending on individual. But overall it will still deteriorate. Best is to take care of your eyes.

On a side note, just notice if eye doctors wear specs/contact lens.

Birdy70

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m looking for a pair of progressive lens for my young kids. The degrees are low. Is Owndays Myokids recommended?

Thanks in advance.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m looking for a pair of progressive lens for my young kids. The degrees are low. Is Owndays Myokids recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Why your kids need progressive ?

I recently bough a pair of progressive from Owndays , took a bit longer to wait , but more cheaper and quality is good

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance.

How high is your kids degree at the moment? Not sure with Myokids, But essilor myopilux plus/ zeiss myovision also can be considered.

Birdy70

Reaction score
How high is your kids degree at the moment? Not sure with Myokids, But essilor myopilux plus/ zeiss myovision also can be considered.

Thanks TUV2008 and Gansterkia.

My kids are having myopia and their degrees seems to advance rapidly. So the eye doc prescribed Atropine 1.0% (for a period of 2-3 years) to slow down the progress. One side effect is that the kids will develop lao hua as their eyeballs will dilate. As such, need to use progressive + transition lens for this period of time.

I should get the result of their stabilized degrees this week. Will post again for advice.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Why your kids need progressive ?

I recently bough a pair of progressive from Owndays , took a bit longer to wait , but more cheaper and quality is good

progressive as a form of myopia control. The lower addition at the bottom will help the kids eye muscle to relax when doing near work thus slowing the rate of myopia.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks TUV2008 and Gansterkia.

My kids are having myopia and their degrees seems to advance rapidly. So the eye doc prescribed Atropine 1.0% (for a period of 2-3 years) to slow down the progress. One side effect is that the kids will develop lao hua as their eyeballs will dilate. As such, need to use progressive + transition lens for this period of time.

I should get the result of their stabilized degrees this week. Will post again for advice.

Note that once atropine is stop, got possibility power will rebound back. Myopia control lenses are +/-. Studies shown that it works, Hopefully it helps yours!

AaronGoh

Reaction score
When you mention clarity you mean zeiss clarity? And superb=zeiss superb single Vision?
Oh sorry, I meant in terms of quality or brightness of the lens - zeiss superb vs essilor prevencia single vision. Zeiss individual for sv is overkill? Thanks again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.