November 2017 SBF

Jenessa

Reaction score
For sembawang 4 rooms, 2 days ago call HDB they say 1st selection fall on 1 Jun, today just call another office say is expected selection is on jun... -.- so don't know I should listen which 😏

I think start from 1 june cause i alr had my appointment date

diamondstequila

Reaction score
Hi ! I called up HDB and asked for my appointment date , it's set on 18 June. Provided there's still flats for me to choose la. Because my number exceeds the flat available by 10++ . So I need to keep a close watch on the q number.. but I can'5 seem to see.. :(

100+ ? Good luck. Are you looking at 3 gen/ 5rms? My partner and I don’t think we will get the unit we want. Just hoping for the best.

Oliver88

Reaction score
Just got appointment date today for Punggol 5 room on 12 June. Our number is 5X, exceeds the total number available. Hope will have chance to choose. Mind to share when is your appointment date?

Mine is 12 on 1st Jun. Good luck to u!!!

TrueSpeed

Reaction score
Hi, any brother finished the unit selection process. Can feedback how long the time taken to do that? Why Nov 2017 SBF took so many months to clear? I thought now should be Feb 2018 SBF selection of unit? Thanks!:s13::s12:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Hi, any brother finished the unit selection process. Can feedback how long the time taken to do that? Why Nov 2017 SBF took so many months to clear? I thought now should be Feb 2018 SBF selection of unit? Thanks!:s13::s12:

Unit selection is dependent on which estate you book. Usually 2 room cleared first, followed by 3-5 room and alphabetical order - which is why those Punggol, Sengkang, Yishun are still waiting but Ang Mo Kio selection have started before them. It is also dependent on your queue number.

You might want to call HDB and ask why they are taking long lol. We won't have the answer to that. If it was up to us, most of us want to move in already but we cannot so no use complaining or questioning. Just accept that most gahmen processes are slow.

Feb where got SBF. Anyway, this is NOVEMBER 2017 SBF. We don't discuss other launches in a non related thread.

Weeli85

Reaction score

Yes they taking super long... don't understand why, HDB hired so many peoples yet the speed like turtle.... call them also useless, different officer give different answer.. must at least call 4 to 5 times to determine their true answer lol 😏

TrueSpeed

Reaction score
Unit selection is dependent on which estate you book. Usually 2 room cleared first, followed by 3-5 room and alphabetical order - which is why those Punggol, Sengkang, Yishun are still waiting but Ang Mo Kio selection have started before them. It is also dependent on your queue number.

You might want to call HDB and ask why they are taking long lol. We won't have the answer to that. If it was up to us, most of us want to move in already but we cannot so no use complaining or questioning. Just accept that most gahmen processes are slow.

Feb where got SBF. Anyway, this is NOVEMBER 2017 SBF. We don't discuss other launches in a non related thread.
Bro, thanks for info, I forgot Feb dont hv SBF, it was using another term(ROF), balance of SBF leftover, lol. I am not complaining, just want to do a simple math to find out why take so long to process the selection!
For example if take 1 hr to finished selection of unit then 8hrs will be 8X1, multiply by the number of officers on duty(e.g 10), the result is 80 ppl per day, if times by 3 mths then HDB can clear 7200 ppl in the queue. That why I dont understand why take so long, may be my calculation is not correct but it already more than 6 mths from Nov 2017 SBF?

zidmosby

Reaction score
Bro, thanks for info, I forgot Feb dont hv SBF, it was using another term(ROF), balance of SBF leftover, lol. I am not complaining, just want to do a simple math to find out why take so long to process the selection!
For example if take 1 hr to finished selection of unit then 8hrs will be 8X1, multiply by the number of officers on duty(e.g 10), the result is 80 ppl per day, if times by 3 mths then HDB can clear 7200 ppl in the queue. That why I dont understand why take so long, may be my calculation is not correct but it already more than 6 mths from Nov 2017 SBF?

Unit selection for any launch will be done concurrently, but it does take forever. Except ROBF. I know you get results much faster but I don't know how how the selection/move in process will take although I assume it will be faster than sbf/bto process la.

No worries, we are all frustrated too. We can calculate on their behalf and speculate but ultimately, we really don't know how they operate. I don't think they will dedicate a full day to unit selection - they do have other things to follow up on such as those who are getting keys, HLE appeals etc. I guess they have their own procedures in place and we just suck thumb lor for now :s13:

Yes, it's been exactly 6 months now since launch. I read an article before that typically for SBF, it will take between 9 months-1 year to finally get a key.

Last edited:

tuanehji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Few reasons why HDB take so "long" to clear SBF.

1. They want to ensure that applicants gets more desperate and pick a flat when time comes for them to pick one. In the past, the process was too fast, as a result, many couple/families can easily give up and decide not to pick the flat. So now HDB make everyone wait and "cooldown" to ensure a 100% pick rate even if it means getting lousier flats.

2. Need to ensure HDB staff got sufficient rest between customers. You know many of those flat applicants are very fierce, rude and stubborn. To ensure good customer service, they need to ensure that each officer take at most 3 cases per day and to have more than 3 hours of rest in between for kopi break,lunch break, toilet break and of course emotional break from serving the raging customers. That's why one day, only process around 10 - 20 applications.

3. Jan - Mar is favourite clear leave period for many gahmen staff. Usually, they will clear leave during this period so in the end,not many ocifers left to clear the back log. That's why you have to wait till June, when they are back and productivity is up 100% for the major ones like Yishun, Sembawang, Woodlands to start. Also, it's easier to outsource and hire temp staff during the June school holidays.

4. They want to ensure those who are desperate and can (barely) afford condo to choose condo instead. This is inline with gahmen policy to ensure everyone stays in debt of their housing.

Disclaimer: Above ish tiagong from my friend and is assumed to be correct by me until such time when HDB decide to come out and clarify formally and officially. Anyone reading this agrees that there is no alternate source to explain the irrationally long duration of the waiting process and shall not hold the poster accountable for any losses, damages as a result of reading this post. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.