Official Aug 2018 BTO

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I know everyone would be excited about the Punggol site for the usual obvious reasons. :s13:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Punggol Coast MRT station.

Aiya, people will keep talking about Pasir Gudang but application will shoot through the roof :s13:.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

alalakam

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like punggol will be hot in Aug, since Yishun BTO will be pretty much same as May's

IIIUSION

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to rush, still got Tengah in Nov should be near to one of the new Jurong regional line stations.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Wondering what kind of facilities will there be around the future punggol coast mrt

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Referring to punggol, I am curious about the amenities. It look like nearby going launch industries. Hmmm

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
Digital district = Industries?

I lean twds something like Biopolis/Mediapolis. Rather than an industrial estate.... That's good, right?

skizzer

Reaction score
Digital district = Industries?

I lean twds something like Biopolis/Mediapolis. Rather than an industrial estate.... That's good, right?

I believe he’s talking about the industries on punggol Timor west and loronghalus former landfill site?

Valkyrie

Master Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, even before i know about Pasir Gudang, i went to Punggol for a treasure hunt. Immediately smell something very wrong with the air. And i am the type with a weak sense of smell. Later then i know is because of factory pollution.

Best thing to do is go there and smell the air yourself. Do you believe your own nose or you still believe in NEA? Sometimes Singaporean overly reliant on government, even beyond their common sense.

Sure, 8 km away still can smell pollution. But will you still want to move closer until 1 km away then claim bo bian?

Sometimes i really cannot understand the thinking of some Singaporeans.

RallyRally

Master Member
Reaction score
Pros : Exciting developments in the town. Punggol Waterway is amazing. Next to terminal station (NEL pretty reliable so far)

Cons: Traffic gonna be a b****, Sea view of Shipyards, Low flying aircraft and possible pollution.

Uncertain: Amenities. Too near to Punggol Digital District, noise and traffic pollution.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
Tengah will be a better choice. Near jurong business district, innovation centre and the price for the bto launch will be attractive. New estate need people to shift in so price will hbe good. Try getting those near the jrl stations. If can, wait for those nearer to center of Tengah. That one will be core of Tengah.

skizzer

Reaction score
Tengah will be a better choice. Near jurong business district, innovation centre and the price for the bto launch will be attractive. New estate need people to shift in so price will hbe good. Try getting those near the jrl stations. If can, wait for those nearer to center of Tengah. That one will be core of Tengah.

Definitely, expect to pay 400k plus for punggol, but prob 100k lesser for similar beside MRT unit for tengah. If HSR with Msia get pulled off, tengah will have strong attraction too.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
By the way, Tengah is a total new development. So the future potential for better gains is much higher. I would say the 4 room will be cheaper then the bto launch in Bukit batok for the same size.

confused

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tengah will be very near to Tengah air base though which will take in additional air traffic load from Paya Lebar. And the Jurong East MRT is perpetually overcrowded even with a third track added. Unless they add in a 4th track in the near future, the bottleneck will be there especially if you work in the city. So I am thinking public transportation might not be that great.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.