Advise needed/Any experts: Internet speed issue

sumantochong

Reaction score
Connection my ONT to Router to Aztech PowerPlug, showed transmit/received 800+ Mbps. But when I use SpeedTest.net, the speed shown max for download/upload only 200Mbps nia. Already uninstalled antivirus/defender & all kinds. Also follow up on internet tweak on speed for windows 10 settings. Results showed the same. Still wonder what cause the restriction max limit of 200Mbps nia? Even my iPhone using WiFi can crossed 200+ Mbps 😂

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would said that u dun expect so much for powerline. as it is dependent on your powerline and even if ur powerline give such high expected speed, but in theory, actual speed is still at its max 30~40% max.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If powerline doesn't work well for your place, you can try mesh routers instead.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If powerline doesn't work well for your place, you can try mesh routers instead.
Mesh is a kind of network topology. If you only have 2 nodes it's basically functioning like a wifi repeater. We all know how bad wifi repeaters are, especially those that does Rx and Tx on the same radio.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connection my ONT to Router to Aztech PowerPlug, showed transmit/received 800+ Mbps. But when I use SpeedTest.net, the speed shown max for download/upload only 200Mbps nia. Already uninstalled antivirus/defender & all kinds. Also follow up on internet tweak on speed for windows 10 settings. Results showed the same. Still wonder what cause the restriction max limit of 200Mbps nia? Even my iPhone using WiFi can crossed 200+ Mbps 😂

Wanted to explain something about PHY rate and actual throughput, but see your cancerous emoji I decided not to

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.