Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody bought ubox recently? What's the price like?
Thinking of getting another one for my room

winston.l

Reaction score
go to settings, look for factory reset option and execute it.

if still cannot work after reset, connect your wifi using WPS, instead of using password.

thanks! got it working by assigning it a fixed IP in the end. what a headache

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weeks back my ubox gen 3 suddenly cannot detect wifi, when finally connected the speed is very slow. Test all okay except the box. Anyone knows why?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weeks back my ubox gen 3 suddenly cannot detect wifi, when finally connected the speed is very slow. Test all okay except the box. Anyone knows why?

install wifi analyser, see whether your neighbour is using the same channel as you.

Zoelynsiow

Reaction score
After update my unblock the live tv
From UBVOD and the main live tv can't watch.. any one hv the same issue?

Jongoh70

Reaction score
Maybe I know anyone facing the same problem tvbs on vob channel 40 and 41. Down Cannot watch .

physistry

Reaction score
Hi, will there be much difference if I get the gen 4,gen 4 pro or the gen 5 pro? Keep seeing a lot of products from diff sellers on qoo and Carousell. Thanks

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, will there be much difference if I get the gen 4,gen 4 pro or the gen 5 pro? Keep seeing a lot of products from diff sellers on qoo and Carousell. Thanks

The only selling point for ubox is its ubtv or ublive.

So gen3 is good enough.

Better buy from authorised sellers, carousell sellers are not.

physistry

Reaction score
The only selling point for ubox is its ubtv or ublive.

So gen3 is good enough.

Better buy from authorised sellers, carousell sellers are not.

Thanks gregory! Yeah - able to provide links for authorised sellers coz I see like a couple on carousell said they are the authorised ones.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks gregory! Yeah - able to provide links for authorised sellers coz I see like a couple on carousell said they are the authorised ones.

You can ask for the dealers code/ID and send the code directly to Unblock Tech (chat on their site) and ask.

Their support is really good.

NeoStream

Reaction score
You can ask for the dealers code/ID and send the code directly to Unblock Tech (chat on their site) and ask.

Their support is really good.
Has anyone purchased from NETT NETT CLUB? I have asked them for their authorization code for verification but they can't give

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

muji4832

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried watching local channels like channel 5/8/U ? Tiagong cannot connect leh ? Anybody ?

oho

Reaction score
Anybody tried watching local channels like channel 5/8/U ? Tiagong cannot connect leh ? Anybody ?
These channels are intermittent, up then down....then up again, then down again.
Cannot rely on them being always up.

lurker88

Reaction score
I may have to venture into android TV once 11 channels will cease on ST and my alternate "ST" box might be affected. After reading all the info I can find, UB suits my requirements as its idiot proof but the reliability like the buffering/lagging/Bing display/black screen etc being discussed here turns me off

UB gen 5 is out with better specs. Anyone having this new model? If so, can comment on the user experience?

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I may have to venture into android TV once 11 channels will cease on ST and my alternate "ST" box might be affected. After reading all the info I can find, UB suits my requirements as its idiot proof but the reliability like the buffering/lagging/Bing display/black screen etc being discussed here turns me off

UB gen 5 is out with better specs. Anyone having this new model? If so, can comment on the user experience?

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

IPTV doesn't need high spec, even ub gen 2 is good enough. The problem is buffering/lagging/stuttering is due to ub's servers or the original stolen source.

Witch King

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got the ubox gen 4. But livetv Doesn’t seem to work. How Is the server performance now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.