Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressout123

Reaction score
On the way back, saw a suspicious guy at void deck, will the runner sit and observe first before moving on to do deeds? should call police?

Stress

Reaction score
On the way back, saw a suspicious guy at void deck, will the runner sit and observe first before moving on to do deeds? should call police?

Maybe they recce first bah.. See line clear or not.. Maybe u guys shuld have a wats app group for this kind of chat.. Here we dun even know who is reading.. Huhuhu.. My 2cents...

Sharuu

Reaction score

Like. Pulling. Teeth.

Then if he actually NEA doing spotcheck on your flower pots to look for stagnant water how? You've wasted his time, police time and if your flower pot got stagnant water, you kena $200 fine also. Come on la guys, what kind of example are we setting for our children if we everything also call police? Flood also call police, GIRO glitch also call police, blame government. What kind of spineless society are we becoming? Have you not seen the new NDP video? "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE."

First I remind everyone again, we WILLINGLY gave our personal details to criminals. Why police also sometimes roll their eyes when they get these kinds of reports? It's because they know they will be getting terrified phonecalls from us crying about every other person who walks past our flat. Secondly, SPF can only protect you from PHYSICAL HARASSMENT to your person or your property. NOT from your own feelings and emotions. If you think someone is being suspicious, why don't you stick around a bit and see what they're up to? Or just say a quick hello in passing, see how they react? Strike up a conversation? If he turns out to be your neighbour and actually spends a lot of his time at your void deck (I don't know, some people do that), might be useful to tell him you lost your ID and if he sees any weirdos, to keep a look out. Ta dah! Free surveillance. Tell me one use of calling the police on someone who happens to be hanging at your void deck. It's like calling your plumber when your internet is down. What is the point...

As we've all seen yesterday, some poor, horny guy has gotten himself into big trouble simply for expecting a date. I have a lot more sympathy for him than for most of us here. He did nothing wrong. We, on the other hand, are/were accomplices. You already know that the harassment tactics also like underground guerilla warfare. Hit and run type, done in the cover of darkness when nobody is looking. So gauge your response from there. No need everything also call police. They busy enough taking calls from aunties whose internet is down.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Maybe they recce first bah.. See line clear or not.. Maybe u guys shuld have a wats app group for this kind of chat.. Here we dun even know who is reading.. Huhuhu.. My 2cents...

Yes, anyone can read this. But what you have is anonymity on a public platform. And that can be a powerful thing.

By the way, I'm using ah long money to go on holiday again, so won't be here for a while. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Love, your friendly neighbourhood hiong ka

...do you get my drift or do you need this to be explained?

Sharuu

Reaction score
Can someone help me? I need advice.

Recently I did enquire of loan with this moneylender as they claim they are legal. So I gave all my details including my office.

They didn't give me the agreed amount and just give 500. They say pay back 600. So I transferred back 600 but I was 15mins late. So they say account close, you must transfer Another 600.

Then now they say bcos I transfer late, their bank jam and they cannot withdraw money. So they say I must pay 5k.

I change my number and all. But they are now contacting my next of kin. They even send video of splash paint to my mum.

I'm scared they will come to my workplace or call.

What can I do? I cannot afford to lose the job

Have you read the previous posts on this forum?

Stressout123

Reaction score
Like. Pulling. Teeth.

Then if he actually NEA doing spotcheck on your flower pots to look for stagnant water how? You've wasted his time, police time and if your flower pot got stagnant water, you kena $200 fine also. Come on la guys, what kind of example are we setting for our children if we everything also call police? Flood also call police, GIRO glitch also call police, blame government. What kind of spineless society are we becoming? Have you not seen the new NDP video? "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE."

First I remind everyone again, we WILLINGLY gave our personal details to criminals. Why police also sometimes roll their eyes when they get these kinds of reports? It's because they know they will be getting terrified phonecalls from us crying about every other person who walks past our flat. Secondly, SPF can only protect you from PHYSICAL HARASSMENT to your person or your property. NOT from your own feelings and emotions. If you think someone is being suspicious, why don't you stick around a bit and see what they're up to? Or just say a quick hello in passing, see how they react? Strike up a conversation? If he turns out to be your neighbour and actually spends a lot of his time at your void deck (I don't know, some people do that), might be useful to tell him you lost your ID and if he sees any weirdos, to keep a look out. Ta dah! Free surveillance. Tell me one use of calling the police on someone who happens to be hanging at your void deck. It's like calling your plumber when your internet is down. What is the point...

As we've all seen yesterday, some poor, horny guy has gotten himself into big trouble simply for expecting a date. I have a lot more sympathy for him than for most of us here. He did nothing wrong. We, on the other hand, are/were accomplices. You already know that the harassment tactics also like underground guerilla warfare. Hit and run type, done in the cover of darkness when nobody is looking. So gauge your response from there. No need everything also call police. They busy enough taking calls from aunties whose internet is down.

That was what I did 😂 waited for about 20mins when void deck again. Turns out he was waiting for girlfriend only 😂
Agree, it was our mistake and now we pay the price of being have to be alert all the time.

Louis0902

Reaction score
I believe theres no such thing as bank jam? Should be another form of scare tactics to milk more from you.
U try trf 50k see they will say bank jam anot..... It's their 101 reason again.... Please STOP feeding them... 500 become 5000... With the $5000 they can use it to lend to 20 more pple.....tell the truth to ur NOK that u have been scam and report it to the police....

Last edited:

Harrassed

Reaction score
Agree, it was our mistake and now we pay the price of being have to be alert all the time.

I disagree that it is our mistake. I don’t think anyone of us here gave out details to the loansharks if we knew that they would get so dirty. And when they offered the loan, they pretended to be licensed and legitimate. Nobody would stupidly give our details if we knew who we were dealing with.

If you owe the money, pay up. Simple as that. But now, they are going beyond getting back what you owed, and some of us here made enquiries only, we never took their money.

Stress

Reaction score
U try trf 50k see they will say bank jam anot..... It's their 101 reason again.... Please STOP feeding them... 500 become 5000... With the $5000 they can use it to lend to 20 more pple.....tell the truth to ur NOK that u have been scam and report it to the police....

Agree! Mine also say alamak my acct jam. Cannot pay full. Defer... 😑

Stress

Reaction score
I disagree that it is our mistake. I don’t think anyone of us here gave out details to the loansharks if we knew that they would get so dirty. And when they offered the loan, they pretended to be licensed and legitimate. Nobody would stupidly give our details if we knew who we were dealing with.

If you owe the money, pay up. Simple as that. But now, they are going beyond getting back what you owed, and some of us here made enquiries only, we never took their money.

Yah mine says they are legal... N this stupid person believe.. And land me in this deep ****... Huhuhu. Take here to cover another one, another one dun allow to close acct,defer defer. Make us everyweek also looking for money to pay them... Haiz...

Louis0902

Reaction score
Agree! Mine also say alamak my acct jam. Cannot pay full. Defer... 😑
Report police give them the bank details let police hold their account..... So the ah long won't get their money and runner will be reduce... I strongly believe if runner reduce the ah long can't operate smoothly.... We shall all have the same direction in order to reduce any more innocent pple from getting involved

Sharuu

Reaction score

Facepalm.

Yes, in theory, nobody would give out their personal details if they knew they were dealing with loansharks. The reality is, we gave our personal details to people we didn't even know...that IS a stupid and costly mistake and it's 100% ours. Who else can you blame? The ah long? Government?

You're still not understanding that there is no such thing as "owe". Or "loan" or "payment day" or "deferment" or, a perennial favourite, "the bank account jam". These things don't exist. This is not an honour system, it's a scam. They don't care how honest you are. They already had you at the point that you happily sent them screenshots of your NRIC. Everything after that is the extortion.

If you owe your friends money, pay up, owe your family, pay up. But if a stranger who has your address asks you to pay back 200% after giving you money, you still want to call this a loan ah?

Last edited:

Stress

Reaction score
Report police give them the bank details let police hold their account..... So the ah long won't get their money and runner will be reduce... I strongly believe if runner reduce the ah long can't operate smoothly.... We shall all have the same direction in order to reduce any more innocent pple from getting involved

Yup report done... 😊 yah true. Our mistake. Learn the hard way... One direction to reduce innocent people from getting involved... That indian man.. How is he doing now uh... Poor chap... Bloody LS.. 😠

Sharuu

Reaction score

No la. There will always be a cycle.

If you want to reduce, you should change the language. Go find comments section on reports of front doors getting splashed with paint and instead of calling them debtors, laud them with praise for being HEROES WHO DECIDED TO STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS. Cannot eliminate overnight, NDP 2018 video also say, "how easy we forget that everything takes time".

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Yes, anyone can read this. But what you have is anonymity on a public platform. And that can be a powerful thing.

By the way, I'm using ah long money to go on holiday again, so won't be here for a while. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Love, your friendly neighbourhood hiong ka

...do you get my drift or do you need this to be explained?

Really yaya.
Tot u went Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.