Iphone x screen replacement

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone got good vendor to recommend beside going back to Apple store

I do not have AppleCare and read it will be like $400+ to just replace the screen

Any alternative?

Kevinmorby

Reaction score

I do not have AppleCare and read it will be like $400+ to just replace the screen

Any alternative?

Apple is going to charge around $420 for replacement of screen.

I have once drop by the Genius Bar to get my iMac repaired. I asked about the iPhone X screen replacement just out of curiousity and they mention about the FaceId calibration . Which means you run a risk of having your FaceId ruined if the guys outside didn’t do a proper job.

Therefore do take note about this, just in case.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Any alternative?

Should have gotten the Apple Care. The screen price and high chance your FaceID will not work as reliable is very high. It might out right fail in the process. Cannot just suka suka change it, requires calibration that can only be done by Apple.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any alternative?

I think you can still buy AC+ within one year of your purchase for iPhones. You can try enter your serial number to check for eligibility. Screen gone once means can be gone twice too.

Edit: it’s 60 days. Referred to Macrumors initially.

Last edited:

Kevinmorby

Reaction score
I think you can still buy AC+ within one year of your purchase for iPhones. You can try enter your serial number to check for eligibility. Screen gone once means can be gone twice too.

Edit: it’s 60 days. Referred to Macrumors initially.

If bring down to store, i am sure they will not allow the adding of the AppleCare as the damage is already done.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
screen replacement is 1/3 of phone price:eek:

That's why I decided to get Apple Care for my iPhone X.

Didn't bother when I got my iPhone 7 and 7Plus before.

For TS, I feel better to get the replacement from Apple. Treat it as having paid for AppleCare with some top-up for the screen replacement, then pray that nothing else will happen to the phone again.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't think now can get Apple care for it also

Guys, TS already self-replied himself as he already knew he can’t get AC+ already, due to the 60 days from the start of activation of your device has already passed.

AC+ for iPhone X is $368. Plus service fee of $42. 368+42=410 vs without AC+ screen repair cost of $418. That is for the front screen crack.

Pray that you got a gd case and the back glass don’t crack.
Back glass is $368(ac+) + $148 (service fee) = $516 vs $828 (without ac+)

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy expensive to repair iPhone X and 8 series. Scary. I wonder though is there no other way for wireless charging to be included except through the use of glass backs? I mean just doesn’t make sense to construct a phone out of glass, it’s something that users are likely to carry around all the time.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy expensive to repair iPhone X and 8 series. Scary. I wonder though is there no other way for wireless charging to be included except through the use of glass backs? I mean just doesn’t make sense to construct a phone out of glass, it’s something that users are likely to carry around all the time.
Nope, unless you can somehow find a way to do Electromagnetic induction without your device becoming a frying pan if you have a metal back. You know it runs similar tech to those inductive stoves.

Nor does it make sense to have glass doors in malls as security doors right? Plastics was the way back then but plastics was cheap and it is a world problem that we are generally trying to avoid the use of plastics now.

Glass has greater benefits for signal strength, the premium weight, and feel. IT also saves them the cost of building the antenna into the frame of the devices now. It makes the greatest sense it out weights every little con of damage and repair costs.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If behind screen cracked, they cannot repair

One for one exchange $800+

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.