Huawei M5

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys for the 10.8 inch m5. The difference between m5 and ‘5 Pro is only the included Pen? Specs etc all same?

Finally a landscape tablet I can change from my Samsung Tab S Pro haha. Although the fingerprint is quite weird placement for landscape

FXtraderzxd

Reaction score
the processor is different,

8 inch and 10 inch pro version are using 960, 10 inch non-pro version is using 960s, which seems a slower version than the standard 960, but i guess there won't be much different in normal usage.

the things is, no official sale in Singapore. even in HK, only 8 inch LTE and 10 inch pro WIFI versions are officially available.

huawei vmall has all the different versions and combinations, but China only.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the processor is different,

8 inch and 10 inch pro version are using 960, 10 inch non-pro version is using 960s, which seems a slower version than the standard 960, but i guess there won't be much different in normal usage.

the things is, no official sale in Singapore. even in HK, only 8 inch LTE and 10 inch pro WIFI versions are officially available.

huawei vmall has all the different versions and combinations, but China only.

I see thanks for the enlightenment.

I am only going for the wifi version as I can hotspot my unlimited phone card

Just found out it’s not OLED, night not be getting it sadly

TunaTuna

Reaction score
I give up waiting for launch in Singapore. I'm thinking to import.
I want to buy 10.8 inch with LTE. I'm fine with Pro or not Pro model.
Hong Kong or US does not sell 10.8 with LTE. 8 inch is the choice for LTE.
It's sold in China, but China model is not preferred due to lack of Google play. (it's not my option to change firmware.)
I found it sold in EU, but they didn't look good because it's difficult to ship battery and VAT refund is not provided.
Do anyone know the place to ship 10.8 with LTE to Singapore and provide VAT refund?

wind77

Reaction score
It's sold in China, but China model is not preferred due to lack of Google play. (it's not my option to change firmware.)
I found it sold in EU, but they didn't look good because it's difficult to ship battery and VAT refund is not provided.
Do anyone know the place to ship 10.8 with LTE to Singapore and provide VAT refund?

there are links to online platforms that ship to SG.
have u tried them?

TunaTuna

Reaction score
Expansys based in HK, Amazon USA and Amazon UK don't have 10.8 inch with LTE model.
Amazon Italy has 10.8 with LTE model, but it's reseller not Amazon. It doesn't ship to Singapore. If I use forwarding company, I cannot get VAT refund.
I didn't think it's so difficult to get it.

there are links to online platforms that ship to SG.
have u tried them?

wind77

Reaction score

https://www.lazada.sg/products/huaw...?spm=a2o42.seller.list.26.5d451ae8BQVOkd&mp=1
it's not difficult to buy.
but if u want it cheap, and u wanna evade GST, even refund VAT, that u have to work it out your best price liao.

TunaTuna

Reaction score
The seller is located in Shenzhen. It must be China model but they say it has google play. They may replace firmware. I worry it to cause problem.
https://www.lazada.sg/shop/winhotech/?langFlag=en&path=profile.htm&pageTypeId=3

I'm fine to pay GST, but VAT in Europe is near 20%. I want to avoid it.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/huaw...?spm=a2o42.seller.list.26.5d451ae8BQVOkd&mp=1
it's not difficult to buy.
but if u want it cheap, and u wanna evade GST, even refund VAT, that u have to work it out your best price liao.

Last edited:

wind77

Reaction score
The seller is located in Shenzhen. It must be China model but they say it has google play. They may replace firmware. I worry it to cause problem.
https://www.lazada.sg/shop/winhotech/?langFlag=en&path=profile.htm&pageTypeId=3

I'm fine to pay GST, but VAT in Europe is near 20%. I want to avoid it.

Am not sure if China resellers have access to global ROM model.
But i doubt they would open the new sets and flash themselves to global ROM.

I'm waiting for 8.4inch, but if huawei still gonna drag the local launch, then i will just get other brands.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am not sure if China resellers have access to global ROM model.
But i doubt they would open the new sets and flash themselves to global ROM.

I'm waiting for 8.4inch, but if huawei still gonna drag the local launch, then i will just get other brands.
expansys claimed that their is global rom in qoo10. I'm very interested to get the 8.4. maybe can try OPPOMART.com

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.