Forex/Cryptocurrency General Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to learn from Trump.. best prata guy.. now say cancel meeting with N.K in Singapore but next day say might still go ahead with it :s22:

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
next week. All times in SST

Mon May 28

Tue May 29
4:00pm EUR M3 Money Supply y/y
10:00pm USD ** Consumer Confidence

Wed May 30
5:00am NZD RBNZ Financial Stability Report
8:00am JPY BOJ Gov Kuroda Speaks
9:10am NZD RBNZ Gov Orr Speaks
9:30am AUD Building Approvals m/m
2:00pm EUR German Retail Sales m/m
All Day EUR German Prelim CPI m/m
3:00pm CHF KOF Economic Barometer
EUR Spanish Flash CPI y/y
4:00pm CHF Credit Suisse Economic Expectations
Tentative EUR Italian 10-y Bond Auction
8:15pm USD ADP Non-Farm Employment Change
8:30pm CAD Current Account
CAD RMPI m/m
USD Prelim GDP q/q
10:00pm CAD BOC Rate Statement
CAD Overnight Rate
10:45pm CHF SNB Chairman Jordan Speaks

Thu May 31
9:00am NZD ANZ Business Confidence
9:30am AUD Private Capital Expenditure q/q
4:30pm GBP Net Lending to Individuals m/m
5:00pm EUR CPI Flash Estimate y/y
EUR Core CPI Flash Estimate y/y
8:30pm CAD GDP m/m
USD Core PCE Price Index m/m
USD Personal Spending m/m
USD Unemployment Claims
9:45pm USD Chicago PMI
11:00pm USD Crude Oil Inventories

Fri Jun 1
12:45am USD FOMC Member Bostic Speaks
1:00am USD FOMC Member Brainard Speaks
4:30pm GBP Manufacturing PMI
8:30pm USD Average Hourly Earnings m/m
USD Non-Farm Employment Change
USD Unemployment Rate
10:00pm USD ISM Manufacturing PMI

**G7 Meetings May31 to Jun1**

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
need to learn from Trump.. best prata guy.. now say cancel meeting with N.K in Singapore but next day say might still go ahead with it :s22:

tell people many times already. Trump is a businessman. he has his game plan :s13:
traders must be crazy to hate him :s13:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tell people many times already. Trump is a businessman. he has his game plan :s13:
traders must be crazy to hate him :s13:

trump is better for traders actually.. he creates a lot of volatility in the market.. just look at dow jones alone for past 2 months, up down up down up down within same range so many times :o

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By now you guys should know Uncle Trump is prata king so just scalp whenever his comments create volatility. :s13:

Traders thrive on volatility. Volatility = Profit.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who priced in Jurong East condos are facing uncertainities as Malaysia is considering to cancel the HSR project. If become official the Jurong East area may have fire sale? If got good bargain you can hoot because some will humji and sell on fear. Same as punting Forex. Drop 1000 pips I think most people will chua sai! :s13:

Imagine if you can punt CDS on this. Short hor yi si. :s13:

Another play is to short those companies that are vested in those projects. Give you guys some huat tips. :s13:

I expect frequent volatility ahead during Dr. Mahatir's term.

Last edited:

ExtremeWays

Banned
Reaction score
Those who priced in Jurong East condos are facing uncertainities as Malaysia is considering to cancel the HSR project. If become official the Jurong East area may have fire sale? If got good bargain you can hoot because some will humji and sell on fear. Same as punting Forex. Drop 1000 pips I think most people will chua sai! :s13:

Another play is to short those companies that are vested in those projects. Give you guys some huat tips. :s13:

I expect frequent volatility ahead during Dr. Mahatir's term.

Which companies to punt?????

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
WEEKLY FOREX MARKET OUTLOOK: (May 28 - Jun 1, 2018)

EURUSD:

Technical Outlook: The EURUSD continued to post strong declines with the bearish momentum engulfing the price action. We expect this downside to continue as price approaches the key support level at 1.1588. This level marks a multi-year support level which could be tested in the near term. However, we expect to see price rebounding off this support. In the short term, we could expect to see the EURUSD attempting to post a correction to the upside, where a retest of the 1.1848 level is pending. Still, the bias remains to the downside for now, unless EURUSD closes strongly above 1.1848.

Fundamental Outlook: Economic data from the Eurozone this week will feature the preliminary inflation reports for the month of May which includes France and Germany. With the week heading into a new trading month, focus will also turn to the monthly manufacturing PMI numbers due to be released on Friday. Following a weak start to the first quarter, investors will be keen to see how the Eurozone economy fared during the month of April which marks the first month of the second quarter. The ongoing uncertainty surrounding the Italian debt concerns also remains a key point to factor into the euro currency for the week ahead.

GBPUSD:

The bearish GBPUSD trend has extended further to the downside reaching new lows for the year. We still haven’t reached extreme oversold conditions on the 4h time frame, however on the daily time frame we’re already oversold for quite some time. There is still the possibility to see one more leg down towards next important support level 1.3238 before any real bullish momentum to show up. The stochastic indicator still has some room to move further into oversold territory, so the bearish momentum should prevail unless we get a strong rally on Monday which can signal that the low is already in place.

On the upside, the first important level of resistance comes at 1.3400 but the big psychological number 1.3500 remains the land in the sand between the bullish and bearish trend. The UK economic calendar will bring nothing in terms of risk events. Monday is a bank holiday so we should expect low trading activity. Friday will bring the NFP report, which based on the market expectation the US economy, should add 185k new jobs versus 164k previous reading. The unemployment rate should also come steady at 3.9%.

USDCHF:

Technical Outlook: The USDCHF currency pair was seen trading flat within the 1.0024 and 0.9957 region. Last week’s downside breakout from this range pushed USDCHF to the first major support at 0.9894. In the short term, we could expect to see a rebound in prices. However, we expect that 0.9957 could now turn to resistance. A reversal fro here could keep USDCHF to the downside. A breakdown below 0.9894 could trigger USDCHF to post losses to the next support level at 0.9821.

Fundamental Outlook: Data from Switzerland this week will see the release of the trade balance figures followed by the quarterly GDP numbers and the retail sales figures. The data points are unlikely to move the Swiss franc much which is likely to be overshadowed by the U.S. data. This week will see the release of important economic reports from the U.S. These include the second revised GDP estimates and the ADP’s private payrolls report. Both the data points could potentially keep the U.S. dollar volatile over the week. Friday will feature the monthly ISM manufacturing PMI data which is expected to rise in the month of April and of course the monthly payrolls report.

USDJPY:

Technical Outlook: The USDJPY currency pair gave up some of the gains as noted from last week’s commentary. Failure to hold out above 110.91 – 110.66 push prices lower. USDJPY cleared the first support at 109.97 and extended the declines down to 109.14. From this level, we could expect USDJPY to potentially correct back to either 109.97 or closer to the breakout level at 110.66. Establishing resistance at one of these levels could signal a bigger move to the downside where the support level at 107.77 – 107.64 could be the next target.

Fundamental Outlook: Data from Japan will see the release of the monthly unemployment report. With inflation staying subdued and the Bank of Japan removing the timeline for achieving inflation target, focus shifts to the bare fundamentals. Retail sales numbers are also due this week which could give an insight into the consumer spending data for the month of April. Other economic indicators include the housing starts and capital spending which could given early glimpses into the GDP developments during the second quarter. The first quarter GDP data from Japan showed that the economy contracted.

USDCAD:

The USDCAD continues to trade below the big psychological number 1.3000 and the weekly close below suggest that the bears can have another shoot next week. However, we can’t rule out a short lived rally above the 1.3000 before the bears show up. On the downside, the first level of intraday support comes at 1.2920, while a break and a daily close below 1.2920 will open the door for a retest of the next important support level 1.2815.

The stochastic indicator is already in oversold territory which confirms the bearish case. However, a strong daily close above 1.3000 can lead to more strength. The Canadian economic calendar is stocked with some risk events that have the potential to disrupt the volatility. Wednesday will bring the BOC interest rate decision which can provide further clarity to the USD/CAD trend. According to the market consensus the interest rate will be left unchanged at 1.25%. Thursday the Canadian GDP figures for the first quarter of 2018 will be released.

AUDUSD:

The Aussie seems trapped in a consolidation between last week’s high 0.7604 and support level 0.7410. The middle of this entire range is the big psychological number 0.7500. The weekly close above 0.7500 suggests that the bulls are still in control, however, we can’t rule out another attempt to break below 0.7500 before the bulls will take control again.

The stochastic indicator is not yet in oversold territory which supports the idea of another dip towards the 0.7500 level. On the upside, the last week’s high 0.7604 followed by resistance level 0.7645 remains the key level to watch. The Australian economic calendar doesn’t have anything to offer us in terms of high risk events. We should expect the AUDUSD to be more sensitive to the technical levels in the coming week.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AUD/USD, EUR/USD

Total gains for today is currently US$391.00 Din Tai Fung profit.

Nice surprise again when I woke up. :s13:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AUD/USD, EUR/USD

tot u keep short EUR/USD? how come is gain? tot it shoot up

Sometimes I scalped both directions because of short term retracements or pullbacks can take 10 to 20 pips profit. Once close position just hoot the opposite direction if my gut feel tells me so. :s13:

I long both AUD/USD and EUR/USD on Friday but was stucked. Monday opening it recovered and triggered my target price. Now I placed limit sell orders for both pairs at a price higher a few pips from intraday high. In Forex trading it is all about timing. Traders need to eat, sleep and sh*t also. You must know when big boys lip lai and what time they open and close shop.

Also what is the price they are rigging and make a return trip to take out all the stops. Very important to take note hahaha. Once again if you put tight stop loss your probability of losing money is 90%. Only if you dare to play NO STOP LOSS the big boys cannot take your stops out! :D

EUR/USD near term is still bearish bias according to my punting analysis. :s13:

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I scalped both directions because of short term retracements or pullbacks can take 10 to 20 pips profit. Once close position just hoot the opposite direction if my gut feel tells me so. :s13:

I long both AUD/USD and EUR/USD on Friday but was stucked. Monday opening it recovered and triggered my target price. Now I placed limit sell orders for both pairs at a price higher a few pips from intraday high. In Forex trading it is all about timing. Traders need to eat, sleep and sh*t also. You must know when big boys lip lai and what time they open and close shop.

Also what is the price they are rigging and make a return trip to take out all the stops. Very important to take note hahaha. Once again if you put tight stop loss your probability of losing money is 90%. Only if you dare to play NO STOP LOSS the big boys cannot take your stops out! :D

EUR/USD near term is still bearish bias according to my punting analysis. :s13:

heng u took profit.. EUR/USD up 30pips and prata become red again :s22:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heng u took profit.. EUR/USD up 30pips and prata become red again :s22:

Yeah heng. Some more UK and US markets are closed today.

Whole afternoon only move around mid point of intraday high and low. Short or long also not suitable. :s13:

If it falls below intraday low again I will switch my limit order to buy again. :s13:

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I expect frequent volatility ahead during Dr. Mahathir's term.

I think it is official! Well done Dr. Mahathir for helping to give a tight slap to that dishonourable son! :s13:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mahathir-...l-project-will-scrapped-report-091301321.html

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EUR/USD

EUR/USD limit buy order triggered at 1.1639. Target price 1.16574.

If hit target then today will have 2 Star Michelin profit in total.

Now go out for dinner and drink some beer. Jiak hong and trade at the same time. Life is good. :s13:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.