Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

SG_Alibaba

Reaction score
What is the minimum amount for this account ?

If I have 20k on hand, how can I earn interest from this account ?

Please advise.

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the minimum amount for this account ?

If I have 20k on hand, how can I earn interest from this account ?

Please advise.

Go to Citibank.

Find someone in uniform.

Say 'I Wan open maxigain account'

Fill application form.

Put in 20k when acc is ready.

Interest will come in the following month.

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally rubbish... that's only hearsay.

Why need to call?
Why don't you ask the bloke to put in black and white?

I find the bloke is really unprofessional if he were to spread rumours to customers before official announcement.

How professional can they be.
They are just your typical salesman.
The one that serve me looks typical chao Beng kia and dress like credit card salesman.
Idk, have no clue are they giving wrong information or what

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe the staff discouraging ppl to sign up 😂

The staff at Citibank's branches are unprofessional and pushing people to sign up for credit card. They mislead people by telling them that you need a credit card sign-up in order for Citi Maxigain to be activated. This is my encounter with the staff at Punggol Waterway Point Branch.

swordsly

Master Member
Reaction score
The staff at Citibank's branches are unprofessional and pushing people to sign up for credit card. They mislead people by telling them that you need a credit card sign-up in order for Citi Maxigain to be activated. This is my encounter with the staff at Punggol Waterway Point Branch.

Actually I was told this too when I signed up at Holland V.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I was given the cc too but I call in to cancel in 2weeks after I received the cc

qazamy

Master Member
Reaction score
the staff who served me this week told me there is a possibility of this as well, plus revision to 70% of SIBOR rate. He said they are still waiting for confirmation too, and the banks may be sending letters to customers in July, and will be given 2 months' grace period to top up your account to 70k.

Due to all these rumours, I'm reluctant to top up my account yet since the staff themselves can't verify it.

Yeah. Today went to sign up also got confirmed by the person helping me open account. He confirmed the 70k minimum deposit but said the 70% of 3 months SIBOR is a floating rumor, unverified.

The person I opened with didn't say need to have to open Maxigain, just mentioned the pros of the card. Then I straightaway change face and tell him I'm here to open Maxigain account, not interested in credit cards. He gave up but was a bit pushy on the credit card.

Last edited:

Hwsemb

Reaction score
Yeah. Today went to sign up also got confirmed by the person helping me open account. He confirmed the 70k minimum deposit but said the 70% of 3 months SIBOR is a floating rumor, unverified.

''Confirmed the 70k minimum deposit'', as in, is it from July onwards, need at least 70k in Maxigain to earn interest and to prevent fall-below fee of $15?

Currently, is still only $15k deposit to avoid fall-below fee.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
How professional can they be.
They are just your typical salesman.
The one that serve me looks typical chao Beng kia and dress like credit card salesman.
Idk, have no clue are they giving wrong information or what

Yes, you are right, citi onsite guy is looks very far professional

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm, for now if Citi forces existing account holder to inject till 70k seems to be unfair... maybe there will be 2 sets of rules, 1 for existing and the other for new holder, I mean we entered based on the old t&c, they will lose more client compared to a smaller pool of 70k and above....

The person who fuel the Rumour of 70k might wish u to put in more money as till now, he only confirmed but he did not ask u to contribute the 70k, till it happened, all is Rumour

JetStorm

Reaction score
Best is wait for any updated tnc in their website for the maxigain before doing anything rash.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

artemov

Reaction score

Please get his name and lodge a complaint with Citibank and MAS.

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
Why is the credit card so bad anyway?

I quite enjoyed the 10% cashback. More since the card itself have cashback also.

Cancelled it right after 6 months.

oleyAeon

Reaction score
Best is wait for any updated tnc in their website for the maxigain before doing anything rash.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

im surprised this rumour is still floating around without anyone actually bother to verify it with citibank haha...

mdax23

Reaction score
Why is the credit card so bad anyway?

I quite enjoyed the 10% cashback. More since the card itself have cashback also.

Cancelled it right after 6 months.

Its not the credit card no good its that people don't like to be push or force to signup for it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.