Apple Watch 3 LTE

sellwatch

Reaction score
Anybody knows if I can switch my existing aw3 cellular to a brand new one while keeping the same subscription? Thinking of flipping the aluminum one into a stainless steel one.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Anybody knows if I can switch my existing aw3 cellular to a brand new one while keeping the same subscription? Thinking of flipping the aluminum one into a stainless steel one.

You can still keep the current subscription but there will be a $10.70 (extra one time) activation charge, due to a different eSIM number of the 'new' Apple Watch.

Each cellular Apple Watch has a different eSIM number.

sellwatch

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the info. Looking to pass the aluminum version to my sis and get the sst one.

You can still keep the current subscription but there will be a $10.70 (extra one time) activation charge, due to a different eSIM number of the 'new' Apple Watch.

Each cellular Apple Watch has a different eSIM number.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Need some advice.

Currently, I have a AW Series 3 paired with my iPhone and just received a Singtel AW Cellular as gift.

What is the correct steps to unpair my current AW, clean erase it, then set up the new AW with NumberShare successfully?

indly pardon me if this same question has been asked in the earlier thread; meanwhile I’m reading the earlier pages. I appreciate your advice.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Need some advice.

Currently, I have a AW Series 3 paired with my iPhone and just received a Singtel AW Cellular as gift.

What is the correct steps to unpair my current AW, clean erase it, then set up the new AW with NumberShare successfully?

indly pardon me if this same question has been asked in the earlier thread; meanwhile I’m reading the earlier pages. I appreciate your advice.

Simply unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone. It will ‘automatically’ create a backup of that Apple Watch.

By unpairing, would delete the data on that Apple Watch.
- However, to confirm that it has really been deleted, it must be shown with the ‘viewfinder’. (Viewfinder - the ‘galaxy’ that shows it is ready to pair to a new or another iPhone)
ot8tcLt.jpg

Pair the new Apple Watch with Cellular to your iPhone and if you would like, you can restore to that backup.

A step by step guide will appear for you to set up Mobile Data for your new Apple Watch alongside to restore to the backup.

Last edited:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check,

if i buy the LTE version....but i dun wanna use the LTE possible ?

cos i wan the SS version. :D

the GPS only version no SS :(

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check,

if i buy the LTE version....but i dun wanna use the LTE possible ?

cos i wan the SS version. :D

the GPS only version no SS :(

Yes of course, just don’t activate numbershare (if you’re on singtel). If other telco then it’s easier.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm using m1 leh. so no issue right as i wan only GPS nia.

why GPS version no SS :(

Yes no issues, only thing is no LTE service.

Initially I was wondering how come no SS models but in the end found out they're exclusively for LTE models. I bought in the end as I'm also using Singtel so activated Numbershare. The bad thing when mobile data is in use is that it drains your batt quickly even when you leave your watch in standby.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Encounter the issue of disconnect with a red X on top when my iPhone and watch are separated earlier when I went for a jog.

The separation distance was pretty far and I thought the watch would automatically use the LTE. Instead, it stayed 'disconnect' throughout my run and I missed a couple of WhatsApp messages. I don't think it is the signal being poor at that location, I was in a stadium.

When I made further check by swiping up from the clock page. there was no LTE signal dots on the top left corner. When I check the Activity apps later, no route was recorded as well.

I am still on 4.3 and yet to update to the latest software.

Needs some views here before I make a trip to Apple Store if it warrants a checks by Apple. Is this normal, or rightfully, it should switch automatically?

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Encounter the issue of disconnect with a red X on top when my iPhone and watch are separated earlier when I went for a jog.

The separation distance was pretty far and I thought the watch would automatically use the LTE. Instead, it stayed 'disconnect' throughout my run and I missed a couple of WhatsApp messages. I don't think it is the signal being poor at that location, I was in a stadium.

When I made further check by swiping up from the clock page. there was no LTE signal dots on the top left corner.

I am still on 4.3 and yet to update to the latest software.

Needs some views here before I make a trip to Apple Store if it warrants a checks by Apple. Is this normal, or rightfully, it should switch automatically?

Usually, the x will be on for a few seconds after disconnection from phone and will activate LTE BUT sometimes will take longer to activate depending on location and signal. You also can't assume the signal is always strong in that particular location as it's very subjective and also depends on anything blocking the signal or not.

My longest was only around half a minute or so before LTE kicks in and when it happens for that duration, the signal can only be just one dot. 4.3 or even the current 4.3.1 is also the same.

Before you make that Genius Bar appointment, does your issue occur all the time or only at the stadium? If you go elsewhere, does LTE activate? You can do a test by turning off your phone's BT and let the watch run full time LTE (though battery will take a toll) but that's a way to test out before sending it in.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually, the x will be on for a few seconds after disconnection from phone and will activate LTE BUT sometimes will take longer to activate depending on location and signal. You also can't assume the signal is always strong in that particular location as it's very subjective and also depends on anything blocking the signal or not.

My longest was only around half a minute or so before LTE kicks in and when it happens for that duration, the signal can only be just one dot. 4.3 or even the current 4.3.1 is also the same.

Before you make that Genius Bar appointment, does your issue occur all the time or only at the stadium? If you go elsewhere, does LTE activate? You can do a test by turning off your phone's BT and let the watch run full time LTE (though battery will take a toll) but that's a way to test out before sending it in.

This happens randomly. In my workplace, it switched automatically at times and it doesn't and stayed disconnected.

Last night, it stayed disconnected for an hour+ till I returned and the iPhone was within the range. And earlier, I switched my iPhone and waited toes what happen. The watch stayed disconnected and only after I restarted the watch, it stayed on LTE.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This happens randomly. In my workplace, it switched automatically at times and it doesn't and stayed disconnected.

Last night, it stayed disconnected for an hour+ till I returned and the iPhone was within the range. And earlier, I switched my iPhone and waited toes what happen. The watch stayed disconnected and only after I restarted the watch, it stayed on LTE.

Did you try rebooting your watch? In cases like this, it’s good to give the device a reboot once in a while. If problem still persist over a period of time, then a Genius Bar appointment would be more appropriate.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m getting my spigen tough/slim/rugged Watch Case have not decide yet.

Been searching where best to get good tempered glass or screen protector for my AWS3. Any recommendations? Vivo city “Turn Left the push cart? Or Sim Lim? P2O at Burlington?

Last edited:

edm_11

Reaction score
hi all, anyone's numbershare free 0.5gb data showed up on ur singtel app data total already? mine still not included.. felt cheated.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
hi all, anyone's numbershare free 0.5gb data showed up on ur singtel app data total already? mine still not included.. felt cheated.
Hi edm_11,

We are working on including the free data from NumberShare in MySingtel App.

The update will be deployed soon.

Thank you for your understanding and patience on this.

edm_11

Reaction score
Hi edm_11,

We are working on including the free data from NumberShare in MySingtel App.

The update will be deployed soon.

Thank you for your understanding and patience on this.

Thanks for the reply

But this has gone on for a few months now and my overall data actually exceeded by a few MB on one particular month and i was charged for it. If i has that 500mb i would have not been charged...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.