M1 fibre 500mbps $29 or whizcomms 1gbps $28?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From head to toe I don't think I have said m1 is bad. If I ever portrait the impression, I apologise.

Now, scrutinising the values of packet losses and latencies, do the differences have an impact in everyday usage? I'm not arguing here but I'm sure you know it.

Now using the data to say m1 focuses on real world performance based on the values you cited, Erm okay I have no further comment.

At the end of the day, I'm not against anyone who is against any isp, nor am I concerned in speaking up for Singtel.

I just find it unusual in you going to such a length and in depth to analysis of the costs which brings business to M1, seemingly. Also, on one hand you mentioned about enlistment and on the other, you're getting your BTO? I won't comment further.

It seems like your posts are always containing information which outsiders would normally have no access to, I also won't comment further.

I'm out of this discussion.

Like you said, raw speed isn't so important. What you didn't say is, latency and packet loss are more important.

https://www.imda.gov.sg/applications/rbs/chart.html

See the latency and packet loss section, it's typically both around the same, or M1 is lower (aka better).

What this aspect shows actually? M1 don't focus so much on raw speed, but focus on what matters most, the real world loading performance.

You don't operate the servers, and therefore the need for fastest upload/download is just good to see. Download big files from faraway overseas servers? Still bound to their allocated bandwidth per customer, and most don't give speeds >100Mbps anyway.

Most super speed download/upload servers are local/regional CDNs, and therefore speed is more important. In that sense, M1's broadband isn't so far off from SingNet's.

ImagineDragon4

Reaction score
WhizComms will always be second class citizens for SingNet Fibre. Anything goes down, good luck waiting for them to fix for you.

M1 on other hand, owns their broadband infrastructure, other than leasing NLT fibre lines at the exchanges (all ISPs have to go through SingTel thanks to the route). So anything wrong in M1's network, they can fix asap.

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT
I have not encountered any breakdown from WhizComms broadband so far :)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one is advocate for singtel, one very likes m1

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Extech

Reaction score
Was browsing old promos...saw Whizcomm had a $18 promo for CEE 2017. Think they will throw this promo again?

michael_thm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not taking any sides in this argument but commenting "why so defensive..." is lame. You want to win the argument, come up with counters, not suggestions that "Oh you are defensive!"

Why so defensive for M1?

I can't comment on the business dealing as a virtual operator because the conditions are never disclosed to public. How sure are you that whizcomms will be always be in a lower priority in service recovery? What makes me perplexed is your baseless assumption..

Would the info you supplied in your posts be even remotely relevant to someone awaiting enlistment? I doubt so.

Anyway, let's enjoy the last day of IT show la.. It's so tiring to push and rub against human in such congested area liao, still have to come here and make war..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hw u get M1 fibre 500mbps $29 ?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was browsing old promos...saw Whizcomm had a $18 promo for CEE 2017. Think they will throw this promo again?

Unlikely to run the promo again because they have quite many users now.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CEE and pc show whats the difference? beside the dates.

I wonder if the telecoms gonna do any broadband promotion on both or only on one event?
Only week apart though:s12:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
LOL...... sigh...

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CEE and pc show whats the difference? beside the dates.

I wonder if the telecoms gonna do any broadband promotion on both or only on one event?
Only week apart though:s12:

Well cee iirc is by challenger and hwz(I think)and it's a small scale. Unlike those usual big one.

crunsik

Reaction score
current m1 promo 24mths Fibre Broadband 1Gbps, Fixed Voice, Free SurfValue doesnt have any thing thrown in. i recall the last time there was nintendo switch or what

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For this price is including GST ? If you get your own wireless router , is M1 going to configure for you ?

Ownself configure coz router nt issued by them. But the router itself should come with steps by steps config once plugged in.

return3r

Reaction score
what does the whizcomm free upgrade to mesh ready plan mean?
what is mesh ready? isnt any plan mesh ready as long as u have the hardware?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
current m1 promo 24mths Fibre Broadband 1Gbps, Fixed Voice, Free SurfValue doesnt have any thing thrown in. i recall the last time there was nintendo switch or what

Nintendo Switch is add-on package la. Pay like $25/mth premium over 1Gbps with the same bundle.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.