Home Automation Enthusiasts

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
perhaps for troubleshooting purposes, simplify things abit. Only keep 1 default wifi network and start from there?

Done that, same ting happen. Know all left to do is change router haha, heng gt backup. If really is router problem i tink i will just sell away all my RM

Last edited:

shacboi

Reaction score
Guess need to check my wifi. But my xiao mi cams all working, just RM controller oni.

What should my wifi setting be??

Your SSID has space or special character?

Use abc123 rather than abc 123 or abc_123.

homeagenius

Reaction score
Newbie question,

Is there home automation that intranet only (home network based, no internet needed)? Is it easily setup for tablet (android preferably) ?

Other than lighting? What other useful automation do u guys set your system for?

Been interested doing automation, but if it is internet connected I'm worried about safety especially if using automated lock. Please share your setup usage
Hello Bogarden!

Our Singapore based team has been hard at work to create a smart home hub that integrates various local mainstream smart home brands (such as Xiaomi, Broadlink, Philips, TP-Link, Alexa, Google Home and more) into a single platform.

We have called this platform Home-A-Genius and we believe it is now ready for prime time.

Currently we're having a launch event to win a $800 discount off our All-in-One Smart Home PRO Package. Take a look at our Facebook for more!

Basically, the package will automate your ceiling lights/fan, air-conditioners and more. Easily voice control your smart devices from anywhere at home. Monitor and automatically record videos of your love ones or check on visitors at the main door with an IP Camera.

There are also several other interesting features that we offer, so feel free to check us out on our website and feedback us at any time.

PM us if you have any questions!

Cheers!
Home-A-Genius Team

Last edited:

233mmx

Reaction score
Guess need to check my wifi. But my xiao mi cams all working, just RM controller oni.

What should my wifi setting be??

Based on my past experience, the likely cause is because of your Wifi bands i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Most HA devices that I've seen are compatible only with 2.4GHz and up to 802.11g or n speeds

Through your router settings, configure separate SSIDs for both bands, connect your HA devices and other slower (802.11g/n) clients to the 2.4GHz band. 802.11ac clients should connect to your 5GHz band

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello! i do know of a hub that can let aqara and broadlink to work together. LEt me know if you are still interested

Hi. I'd like to know if I can set 1 command that can turn on the Xiaomi Aqara switches, the ceiling fan with the Broadlink RM Pro as well as the Philips Hue lights all at once.

For eg, I just say, "Alexa, turn on Home" And the Philips Hue ambient light lights up, the fan switch is turned on and the fan starts spinning.

Possible? Or will I still need to say multiple commands for the specific ecosystem ie. Xiaomi's, Broadlink's, Philips Hue's separately?

233mmx

Reaction score
Hi. I'd like to know if I can set 1 command that can turn on the Xiaomi Aqara switches, the ceiling fan with the Broadlink RM Pro as well as the Philips Hue lights all at once.

For eg, I just say, "Alexa, turn on Home" And the Philips Hue ambient light lights up, the fan switch is turned on and the fan starts spinning.

Possible? Or will I still need to say multiple commands for the specific ecosystem ie. Xiaomi's, Broadlink's, Philips Hue's separately?

have you tried Alexa routines? Or IFTTT? Both are able to execute multiple actions with a single voice command

homeagenius

Reaction score
Home-A-Genius Smart Home Solution

Hello All!

We've been hard at work to create a smart home hub that integrates various local mainstream smart home brands (such as Xiaomi, Broadlink, Philips, TP-Link, Alexa, Google Home and more) into a single platform.

We have called this platform Home-A-Genius and we believe it is now ready for prime time.

Currently we're having a launch event to win a $800 discount off our All-in-One Smart Home PRO Package. Check out our Facebook for more details...

Basically, the package will automate your ceiling lights/fan, air-conditioners and more. Easily voice control your smart devices from anywhere at home. Monitor and automatically record videos of your love ones or check on visitors at the main door with an IP Camera.

There are also several other interesting features that we offer, so feel free to check us out and feedback us at any time. Or PM us if you have any questions!

Cheers!
Home-A-Genius Team

domo_Cat

Reaction score

You can look into IFTT, but the response is rather slow as it is a cloud based application.

I would prefer local network for me as local network = less lag time, faster response. You will not need to ponder on the various scenarios e.g. Is my IFTT not responding or is it failing at Alexa or is my smart device failing? When you are navigating around your home, speed is desired, else it might be more efficient to just walk to the switch.

domo_Cat

Reaction score

Yes it is possible. :D we can even allow for time based setting. e.g. 7am-7pm the command "Alexa turn on Home" will turn on the fans/aircon etc, but not turn on the lights as it is bright outside. from 7pm-7am onwards, the same command "Alexa turn on Home" will automatically turn on the fans/aircon + lights. *Note: timing can be adjusted*

sellwatch

Reaction score
I have been following this thread for a long time. Anybody got a recipe for the following scenario?

1. alexa, turn off tv (this command turns off my tv and set top box simultaneously. I got it working with rmplugin. I believe using IHC app will work as well). Next i would say alexa, turn off tv plug and this will cut the power source to my TV and set top box. Is there any way to use just one command and add a delay between first and second command. If i add these 3 devices into routines in the alexa app, the plug switches off without giving any time to my tv and box to shut down properly.

2. control starhub channels using IHC app instead of rmplugin? I am trying to migrate away from rmplugin because it gets buggy as days goes by.

Look forward to hearing from you guys here.

junkai21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have a few smart bulbs at the moment and ready to 'progress' into next level of automation. I am considering smart switches so I can also control my tracklights and if possible, ceiling fan.

I just found out that most smart switches require a neutral wire, which (I think) my HDB flat does not have. What are my other options?

Also, I'd need it to work with Google Home. Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers.

xiaomi switch have two version, one with neutral and another without

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my past experience, the likely cause is because of your Wifi bands i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Most HA devices that I've seen are compatible only with 2.4GHz and up to 802.11g or n speeds

Through your router settings, configure separate SSIDs for both bands, connect your HA devices and other slower (802.11g/n) clients to the 2.4GHz band. 802.11ac clients should connect to your 5GHz band

my iotwifi only emit 2.4ghz. I am tinking setting up using hotspot is it possible?

233mmx

Reaction score
I have been following this thread for a long time. Anybody got a recipe for the following scenario?

1. alexa, turn off tv (this command turns off my tv and set top box simultaneously. I got it working with rmplugin. I believe using IHC app will work as well). Next i would say alexa, turn off tv plug and this will cut the power source to my TV and set top box. Is there any way to use just one command and add a delay between first and second command. If i add these 3 devices into routines in the alexa app, the plug switches off without giving any time to my tv and box to shut down properly.

2. control starhub channels using IHC app instead of rmplugin? I am trying to migrate away from rmplugin because it gets buggy as days goes by.

Look forward to hearing from you guys here.

Both of what you said is possible using macros function in RM Plugin.

You can insert time delays between sequential actions.

I've not been using IHC because that's the buggy app :s13:

sellwatch

Reaction score
Both of what you said is possible using macros function in RM Plugin.

You can insert time delays between sequential actions.

I've not been using IHC because that's the buggy app :s13:

Thanks for the reply.

I supposed you are talking abt the broadlink smart plugs? my smart plugs are 3rd party ones, not the broadlink ones.

for scenario 2, yes i have the channels switching function set up in rmplugin. It is a hit or miss situation with rmplugin thus i am trying to migrate over totally to IHC.

233mmx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I supposed you are talking abt the broadlink smart plugs? my smart plugs are 3rd party ones, not the broadlink ones.

for scenario 2, yes i have the channels switching function set up in rmplugin. It is a hit or miss situation with rmplugin thus i am trying to migrate over totally to IHC.

If your 3rd party smart plugs come with a remote, broadlink can learn the on/off codes so no issue.

I found starhub set-up boxes to have poor sensitivity even for OEM remote. That could be what u are experiencing. It's not a rmplugin issue afaik.

sellwatch

Reaction score
If your 3rd party smart plugs come with a remote, broadlink can learn the on/off codes so no issue.

I found starhub set-up boxes to have poor sensitivity even for OEM remote. That could be what u are experiencing. It's not a rmplugin issue afaik.

nope, my smart plugs are wifi based using smart life app.

u are right! I can just buy one RF plug and that should work!

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiz i bring my 2 rm mini, rm pro + and dlink w115 to test at my mom house still cannot work zzzzzz.

All my rm i use hotspot mode to connect it blink blink blink then stop blinking completely at 79% then fail to connect.

Anyone gt this pro?

Edit: manage to connect dlink now left rm

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.