Hiking shoe

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Bought 1 day earlier before the Royal Sporting House warehouse sales, which is the SAFRA preview sale, only at $49 Merrell Moab Gore-Tex mid cut shoes. In store still selling at $189.
Bought 5 pairs for me, wife and 3 kids.

wah this shoe so good ah? i also wanna go hoot 1 liao

daxiong88

Reaction score
Bought 1 day earlier before the Royal Sporting House warehouse sales, which is the SAFRA preview sale, only at $49 Merrell Moab Gore-Tex mid cut shoes. In store still selling at $189.
Bought 5 pairs for me, wife and 3 kids.

Got Salomon hiking shoes in the warehouse sales?

sendtolee

Reaction score
Came back from hiking in Norway with a swollen ankle. Not the shoes probably. But it did serve me well. I got the non slip low cut one. Around $60~

It is best to have a good assessment on your feet profile. Can do at any of the sports shops in Velocity. Then they will advise you what type of shoes to get. Sometimes, we may need high arch shoes and not many shoes are high arch type.
For me, I need high arch support so walking for long distances, also no pain.

butterbarter

Reaction score
I bought the Decathlon Forclaz 100 mid-cut boot. Quality and traction is good for the price. Waterproof, very lightweight. Excellent value for money.

But the toebox is a bit narrow for me. I normally wear size 42 shoes, but I bought 43 for this. It feels fine at first, but after prolonged wear, my big toe hurt. Still a bit tight in the toe area. Of course everyone's feet are different, so you might not have this issue.

I replaced the insoles with even thinner ones to give my feet more space, which made it better.

Is decathlon shoes good?

N

Reaction score
I benefitted from this thread, so I thought I should contribute back.

The RSH warehouse sale is back. It was crazily crowded despite being a weekday. Perhaps exacerbated by the fact that PC show is at MBS (nearby)

Men's hiking shoes are good as none. Moab 1 mid left US size 12 last piece. No Moab2.
Women's hiking shoes have more luck. Moab1 and others.

Lots of S and M sized wicking tops and bottoms. Most tops $12 most bottoms $20. Nike and Underarmour still a bit expensive.

no specific hiking attire but... heck, as long it wicks it should work as a good base layer.

That's it!

butterbarter

Reaction score
Where is it?

I benefitted from this thread, so I thought I should contribute back.

The RSH warehouse sale is back. It was crazily crowded despite being a weekday. Perhaps exacerbated by the fact that PC show is at MBS (nearby)

Men's hiking shoes are good as none. Moab 1 mid left US size 12 last piece. No Moab2.
Women's hiking shoes have more luck. Moab1 and others.

Lots of S and M sized wicking tops and bottoms. Most tops $12 most bottoms $20. Nike and Underarmour still a bit expensive.

no specific hiking attire but... heck, as long it wicks it should work as a good base layer.

That's it!

danielkok

Reaction score
I bought the MOAB2 for myself few months ago at 20% off in RSH. No regrets with it. Been to a few places and gonna put it to the ultimate test at Rinjani at the end of this month. If you're interested in this, RSH is having 15% off for 1 item, or 20% off for 2 items at their normal stores.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I had purchased a merrell moab mid-cut hiking boots two years ago and wore it for my Nepal trip last year. it was comfy, although a bit heavier than I liked, but after the 2 week trek I had noticed bruising near the base of my big toe...

I wore it again recently on a trek up bukit Timah hill and noticed similar bruising. I suspect that the shoe may have something to do with it...

I am deciding to get a new pair but not sure what other brands I should try. am going to Nepal again end of this year. any recommendations?

should I buy from Queensway or will there be a sale sometime soon? :]

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I had purchased a merrell moab mid-cut hiking boots two years ago and wore it for my Nepal trip last year. it was comfy, although a bit heavier than I liked, but after the 2 week trek I had noticed bruising near the base of my big toe...

I wore it again recently on a trek up bukit Timah hill and noticed similar bruising. I suspect that the shoe may have something to do with it...

I am deciding to get a new pair but not sure what other brands I should try. am going to Nepal again end of this year. any recommendations?

should I buy from Queensway or will there be a sale sometime soon? :]

Google for something with a wide toe box and videos on how to tie your laces to relief pressure on your toes.

I’ve switched over to trail runners though. So much lighter. I really love the salomon speedcross 4 but it gets shredded on scree.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.