Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The original ones are super comfy and shld last a long time since it's velvet..

people are saying these are even more comfy as the contact to your skin is made of sheepskin and more breathable, but not sure is it worth spending 60usd+ on it

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
people are saying these are even more comfy as the contact to your skin is made of sheepskin and more breathable, but not sure is it worth spending 60usd+ on it
When ppl buy something they would want to justify ma... Imo no need. I received my 6xx 2 weeks ago and I'm happy with the original velvet earpads.
I used to own the m40x, the leather is comfortable but I bought a pair of velvet pads (S$15~) for it and it was even more comfortable. Just my 10cents

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The original ones are super comfy and shld last a long time since it's velvet..
Yeah, I agree about the comfy part, not sure how long it'd last though. Most of the time, the stock earpads are good enough, only can I've come across that has atrocious pads is the T50RP, not only were they uncomfortable, they made the sound from the T50RP sound like crap. A change to the MrSpeakers Alpha Pads resolved much of the poor sound quality from the T50RP.

Only time I'd buy 3rd party pads is when I'm feel the stock pads did not do a good job of sealing, or enhancing the sound, or when the pads are degrading. My Denon AH-D2000 pads were literally falling apart (it began to flake, and flake badly). I replaced it with the pads from the AH-D7000 (I believe it's actually good quality leather vs the pleather or synthetic leather on the AH-D2000). As for the D7k, I'd gotten a pair of Lawton Angle Pads and couldn't be happier.

My point is, as long as the stock pads do what you need it to do, and is comfortable enough, do bother with changing 'em. True, different pads may colour the sound, perhaps negatively or perhaps positively, it's really up to the listener.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$20. no repack. u want u can add insurance for about $10 i think

u ship through ezbuy? did u add insurance?

for me the tracking from fedex seems to be very slow n flying all over USA lol.

6 county/state at the moment....

Last edited:

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
u ship through ezbuy? did u add insurance?

for me the tracking from fedex seems to be very slow n flying all over USA lol.

6 county/state at the moment....

u asked for the price if using ezbuy.. what do u think...?:s22::s22: no i did not add insurance.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Received my HD6XX from the recent drop, and really loving the sound signature, including the Sennheiser veil.

I'm running this against my NAD headphone out - there's sufficient power but want to get a separate DAC/amp. So far looking at the Fostex HP-A4BL, or the Schiit Magni 3+Modi Multibit setup.

Has anyone got comments on these two setups? AFAIK these two sets should be able to power the HD6XX; the Schiit stack will have more amp power + multibit DAC, but the Fostex has balanced out.

Reaction score
guys it's close to 30pages.

Where to buy balanced cable ?

Can DIY at LHS Sim Lim Tower? What brand of cable and connector do they have? The cable of course need to be flexy la.

Thanks

tskeng

Reaction score
guys it's close to 30pages.

Where to buy balanced cable ?

Can DIY at LHS Sim Lim Tower? What brand of cable and connector do they have? The cable of course need to be flexy la.

Thanks

Maybe can try online at:
null-audio.com

Their Arete Series MKIII line is S$99.

Disclaimer: Read from another forum. I've never used their service before.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
what's the use of balanced cable?

Quote from here:

"To explain simply, balanced audio cable comes with 2 audio signal wires that sends identical audio signal, but the audio device inverts one of the signal to detect distortion and removes them. Other potential advantages include:
1. better signal to noise ratio
2. lower impedance signals
3. zero external noise or distortion."

I order my balanced cables from Taobao.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I check if you guys know when will the next drop be? Do they have a specific month they will drop? Or its random ?

Reaction score
Can sic link?

Quote from here:

"To explain simply, balanced audio cable comes with 2 audio signal wires that sends identical audio signal, but the audio device inverts one of the signal to detect distortion and removes them. Other potential advantages include:
1. better signal to noise ratio
2. lower impedance signals
3. zero external noise or distortion."

I order my balanced cables from Taobao.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I check which forwarder you all use to ship this headset other than Easybuy Ship for me ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.