Verification for apple education discount

solidifry

Reaction score
I tried configuring the regular phat to a 128gb ssd and 8GB RAM to match the rMBP. It turned out to be even more expensive.

As the 13" Pro isn't designed to be a gaming machine, I seriously doubt regulars would use more than 8GBs of RAM.

How would it be more expensive? I have checked online other retailer are selling 128gb ssd at an average price of $160 and 8gb RAM i am not sure how much it cost. Probably less than $100?

chris888222

Reaction score
How would it be more expensive? I have checked online other retailer are selling 128gb ssd at an average price of $160 and 8gb RAM i am not sure how much it cost. Probably less than $100?
I used Apple online. If I configure the phat Pro to a 128gb ssd and bump the RAM to 8GB, the cost of it will be slightly more than $2000. The rMBP 13 is just $1988.

Even if you DIY upgrade, like what you've said... Maybe slightly less than $100. I would rather get the rMBP still. The screen is simply gorgeous.

solidifry

Reaction score
I used Apple online. If I configure the phat Pro to a 128gb ssd and bump the RAM to 8GB, the cost of it will be slightly more than $2000. The rMBP 13 is just $1988.

Even if you DIY upgrade, like what you've said... Maybe slightly less than $100. I would rather get the rMBP still. The screen is simply gorgeous.

I see. I wonder what will apple introduce for the next line up for rmbp. Maybe they will take away the non-retina mbp.

noedig

Reaction score
Am I able to get the educators' discount by buying the MBA from a physical Apple shop?

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I able to get the educators' discount by buying the MBA from a physical Apple shop?

No. Only apple store online.
Otherwise get from your school, they'll probably throw in some freebies here and there too. :)

ajokow

Reaction score
Was wondering can order from Malaysia using education promo. Gt relative staying there but dunnoe risky anot.

Can you do it??? I wondering too, because apple website is not accept any debit/credit card from another country.

rain_myth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you do it??? I wondering too, because apple website is not accept any debit/credit card from another country.

apple will ask u to go apple.com/my
malaysia based apple site to order

no need tink too much

yvette_qi

Reaction score
how do i verify im a student in order to enjoy the discounted price?
anyone knows can share how to go about to order?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no verification needed until they send you an email to do so. As far as I know, the verification is based on random selection and they do analyse your purchases and your records, if you don't get the verification email and your transaction went through, there's nothing else you need to do..

Of cos, if you get caught do so when you have no evidence to back up, then your purchase will go back to public pricing and that they reserve the right to charge you. Your account will therefore be blacklisted again until you can give supporting proof. Using people's particulars for the education discount is an offence under cheating hor, just to let you know.. :)

how do i verify im a student in order to enjoy the discounted price?
anyone knows can share how to go about to order?

yvette_qi

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice

Im on my last year.
Just that I was wondering how to access the link to buy the products.

There is no verification needed until they send you an email to do so. As far as I know, the verification is based on random selection and they do analyse your purchases and your records, if you don't get the verification email and your transaction went through, there's nothing else you need to do..

Of cos, if you get caught do so when you have no evidence to back up, then your purchase will go back to public pricing and that they reserve the right to charge you. Your account will therefore be blacklisted again until you can give supporting proof. Using people's particulars for the education discount is an offence under cheating hor, just to let you know.. :)

awesomania

Reaction score
Hi. Is education discount more worth or the freebie if purchase at it fair more worth? Seem like no freebie if purchase using educational discount

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.