laptop cooler mat

winter_lai_liao

Reaction score
i know laptop cooling mat is a myth with no significant performance improvments.

but my UX430 is quite hot when used on lap or on the bed. was thinking of getting a simple and slim cooling mat to prevent my skin from being toasted, anyone got advice on this?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be sure not to block the vents beneath the laptop when you use it on your lap or bed. This could be one of the reasons why it is that hot.

winter_lai_liao

Reaction score
Be sure not to block the vents beneath the laptop when you use it on your lap or bed. This could be one of the reasons why it is that hot.

understand, this is precisely the reason why its hot, but the problem is i dont wan to get bulky and metallic coolers from coolermaster etc . jsut wan something that is comfortable

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot find local cheap models

Mine from Amazon also not cheap, what to do. But use >3yrs on the bed/sofa very worth it. I owned the X2 and Infinite Evo before. X2 the fan died and the chassis "cracked open". Infinite Evo the mini USB port failed and broke off.

This model is just a single piece of plastic to rest the laptop's base to allow it to breathe instead of suffocating it on your thighs/legs/pillow/blanket/comforter etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-C-HS02-KA-Cushion-17-Inch/dp/B003XNB7U8/

jace88

Reaction score
I use Coolermaster Ergostand III. I like it because it elevates the laptop to a higher angle, and doubles as a good USB port hub.

Not sure exactly how effective it is, I do find that when I use it, when I need to run and put laptop into bag, by using the laptop stand with fan on, the base is a lot cooler to touch.

winter_lai_liao

Reaction score
Mine from Amazon also not cheap, what to do. But use >3yrs on the bed/sofa very worth it. I owned the X2 and Infinite Evo before. X2 the fan died and the chassis "cracked open". Infinite Evo the mini USB port failed and broke off.

This model is just a single piece of plastic to rest the laptop's base to allow it to breathe instead of suffocating it on your thighs/legs/pillow/blanket/comforter etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-C-HS02-KA-Cushion-17-Inch/dp/B003XNB7U8/

looking at this

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/70261230/#/40165466

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.