what is Cat 1 security clearance in SG ? is it very hard to get ?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently applied for Auxiliary Police but the HR said i failed my CAT 2A Clearance? What does it means? One of them said i'm unfit to carry fire arms.. Like i'm able to carry rifles in army but no go for Taurus revolver?!
in between NS and now did any special circumstance happen to you?

Calander

Reaction score
Recently applied for Auxiliary Police but the HR said i failed my CAT 2A Clearance? What does it means? One of them said i'm unfit to carry fire arms.. Like i'm able to carry rifles in army but no go for Taurus revolver?!

to what extend were u allowed to handle your rifle? During bmt or unit?

one main difference between the rifle and revolver under our laws is that rifles will never be loaded and ready unless during range or during guard duty & when the situation warrants it with SOP followed. Whereas, for revolver is always loaded just that it is being hoisted.

The fact that is being loaded and hoisted is very different from how we are allowed to load our rifles.

Calander

Reaction score
SOL for bringing camera phone into camp nia.

camera phone should not be an issue. were there any civil charges ever made against u, or ever involved in it in anyway? even minor offences committed under any regulatory boards are also considered.

leehuaqing

Reaction score
camera phone should not be an issue. were there any civil charges ever made against u, or ever involved in it in anyway? even minor offences committed under any regulatory boards are also considered.
The only offence kena was way back when I was around 10-11years old for stealing wallet and my parents insist to the police officer to bring me to the station, which was at tanglin police division and I sit inside the holding cell for good 6 hours there.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only offence kena was way back when I was around 10-11years old for stealing wallet and my parents insist to the police officer to bring me to the station, which was at tanglin police division and I sit inside the holding cell for good 6 hours there.
is the offence on record?

mrpoker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

fail cat2a quite jialat leh.

Reaction score
what kena charged a few times somemore. Why u keep defaulting leh?

Whether you can still get clearance or not, your Guess is as good as the rest. It's up to the people doing clearance to decide and not up to anyone of us.

Nobody without revealing the actual procedure of clearance will be able to say for certain what exactly they consider when they do the clearance.

So trust those people who say they know exactly at your own peril.
90% of sinke default ippt before...

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry for digging up this thread.

Just want to check what are the security clearance that foreigner are not allow to take part in.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
I am just asking if there a different classification of security clearance.

Calander

Reaction score
I am just asking if there a different classification of security clearance.

from my experience, foreigners (PR) or immediate family members who aren't SC and/or themselves having even minor records such as brawl or fights will not be given CAT 1 status.

darkelf

Master Member
Reaction score
hi just wondering for G50 form, do they really check on your family members occupation? i have lost contact with my sibling. hence, i do not know his whereabouts.

thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.