View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #8894
nemo88

Even if not going to any theme parks, Tokyo alone will take many trips (note that I said trips, not days) to cover - you can't possibly be done in Tokyo in just 5 days, no matter what kind of tourist you are. Scenery? There's Mount Fuji, national parks (Ueno Park, Shinjuku Gyoen etc). Foodie? Plenty of very good dining establishments (Michelin star or not is up to you and your wallet) in Tokyo itself. Cultural? Lots of shrines and temples in Tokyo too. Otaku? Akihabara. Young and hip? Harajuku, Shimokitazawa. And these are only just the general areas that tourists would visit. Each place take at least half a day or a full day to explore. Most of the time it's difficult to combine more than 2 places to visit in a day because of shops/attractions' opening hours. And if you visit during fall/winter, the day time is even shorter, so that's another consideration to take into account for.

Tokyo is so big that I would hardly think anyone would feel there's "nothing to do" there. In fact, after the first trip, most people will be left feeling "too many places/things/food to explore/do/eat, too little time!"...
Ya boy I go for a week and cannot do everything I have on my list, and I’ve already already been to Tokyo maybe 10 times in the past 8-9 years.