Malaysia prepaid card

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any experts here on U Mobile?

For their Power Prepaid, they supposedly have a 'free 1GB per month for life' promotion. According to their website, 'Just make a one-time top up with a minimum value of RM10 to activate your 1GB High-Speed Internet. The 1GB High-Speed Internet will automatically be refreshed every 30 days for life. Just stay active by topping up to utilise the FREE High-Speed Internet.'

I assume once my card goes into inactive mode, I won't qualify for the 1GB/month anymore until I top up 10RM again even if I previously topped up and qualified for it? :o

For U Mobile - The FREE 1GB HIGH-SPEED is available when your line is ACTIVE.
Top up RM10 = 10 days active.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For our existing local star hub prepaid cards, if we want to use in Malaysia, must we activate the data plan in Singapore? Can we activate it in Malaysia? I'm thinking we need internet access to activate it, so if no internet access there, we cannot activate the prepaid data roaming, correct?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need internet access, can use USSD codes via SMS to purchase data plan

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mob...cards/manage-your-account/manage-account.html

For our existing local star hub prepaid cards, if we want to use in Malaysia, must we activate the data plan in Singapore? Can we activate it in Malaysia? I'm thinking we need internet access to activate it, so if no internet access there, we cannot activate the prepaid data roaming, correct?

kitkat2

Reaction score

be very careful when activating abroad. if your phone's mobile data isn't switched off or if there is leak, your entire credit balance can be wiped clean in a matter of seconds.

i usually activate data plan on app, before inserting the card into my smartphone.

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Hotlink, if my termination date is 07 Jul 2018 and I top up today e.g RM10...will it increase the termination date?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Hotlink, if my termination date is 07 Jul 2018 and I top up today e.g RM10...will it increase the termination date?

If you top up RM10 today, the line will be active for 10 days before it goes into passive mode (normally 50 days), then the (new) termination date..

Validity for Hotlink doesn't stack.

gothichange

Reaction score
High Altitude reception

Hi all I am gonna be staying on the 50th floor apartment in JB. any recommendations for which teleco i should buy a prepaid card from to get the most stable and reliable reception at that height. Thank you for your guidance!

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Digi Live prepaid, use RM108 to buy Super Long Life to buy 365 days active line. It comes with free basic data. Which total up to 473 days usage.

ilovejohormeimei

Reaction score
Hi all I am gonna be staying on the 50th floor apartment in JB. any recommendations for which teleco i should buy a prepaid card from to get the most stable and reliable reception at that height. Thank you for your guidance!

when i was staying at KSL . i managed to get singtel signal. 15 floor

RLWZ21

Reaction score
Hi guys, may i check should i get malaysia prepaid card or our local card? cos i will be going to malaysia at least once per month due to work requirement.

if getting a malaysia sim which one is better? and local sim is it still starhub better or m1?

hope that someone can enlighten me. thank you.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Digi (best prepaid) is the cheapest. Can get 3gb internet fot rm2 etc.. Speed quite good but depends on hour. (2 to 80mbps)

Validity is topup or forfeit rm1 for 1 day (after u forfeit rm1 yr line wont be terminated for the next 75 days)

This is way better than maxis hotlink active inactive bullsh1t

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's impossible to recommend which carrier is best at that kind of crazy height. Maybe even none of them gets a good coverage there because the base station sites around it is much lower in height.

Easiest way is to get the StarHub Prepaid SIM, test on the Big 4 on network availability and performance. But then again not very sure about 4G peering, but 3G peering is guaranteed.

kitkat2

Reaction score
2ErwI70.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.