Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

proddy

Reaction score
wow she paid over 400k over 4-5 years to the loan sharks (as reported since 2013)

that's like 80-100k/year. At the payscale alone, i think her family of 5 can live quite OK. 3 jobs at the same time, i can only think of FT office admin, PT dishwasher, Grab driver (but Grab wasnt around 5 years ago) unless she dabbles in vice/MLM as well. she didn't borrow from family but friends and colleagues. I think max as a friend is 10k. colleagues is few hundreds.
and we haven't even count her daily expenses. i think for a family of 5 to live frugally, they need 2k/mth

proddy

Reaction score
I ever borrowed from LS, think they anyhow circulate my info to the rest. But he did not know my full name at all.

how come they don't know your full name. i can hardly believe unless they already have your record from other LS as u highlighted....there is definitely a record of you in their shared database.

Sharuu

Reaction score
wow she paid over 400k over 4-5 years to the loan sharks (as reported since 2013)

that's like 80-100k/year. At the payscale alone, i think her family of 5 can live quite OK. 3 jobs at the same time, i can only think of FT office admin, PT dishwasher, Grab driver (but Grab wasnt around 5 years ago) unless she dabbles in vice/MLM as well. she didn't borrow from family but friends and colleagues. I think max as a friend is 10k. colleagues is few hundreds.
and we haven't even count her daily expenses. i think for a family of 5 to live frugally, they need 2k/mth

You missed out the fine print at the bottom. "Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

The article is clearly fabricated (or sponsored by SG UML Strikeforce). Based on the details, this woman would most likely have been funding her unemployed husband's gambling habits, but it's in everyone's interest that she is portrayed as a victim. The fact that ah longs allegedly continued to lend her money for so long despite her income suggests they were confident that there would be a continual cash flow because the gambler's psyche is always telling him, "I will make up for the losses next time".

There's still a far larger stigma attached to being in debt, even more than the stigma attached to chronic gambling. Objectively, there is nothing wrong with being a chronic gambler. There is also nothing wrong with being in debt. The problem arises when you are a shitty gambler, which most people are and when you buy stupid crap you don't need but can't afford.

Also, in what decade is 2k a month enough for a family of five, can tell me please?

Last edited:

Eve1971

Reaction score
I will report police and go to the bank tomorrow. Will update again.

Done with police report and closing of bank account. So now have to seek apprroval from town council to install cctv. Anyone have any idea how to go about to install cctv?

proddy

Reaction score
CCTV not own self install one meh? what has it got to do with TC.
i think ~$100 for one IP camera

Louis0902

Reaction score
Done with police report and closing of bank account. So now have to seek apprroval from town council to install cctv. Anyone have any idea how to go about to install cctv?
I din seek approval for my cctv... Just buy n install..... Lol the installer told me unless neighbour complain then hdb will come disturb...

proddy

Reaction score
dont need to ask la.
i think install outside is need approval la becos it is theoretically not your space but most usually close one eye just like how ppl place their flowers AND some even place furniture outside to mark their territory. unless u install those expensive new door locks with camera viewfinder instead of traditional peephole

but once tio complain by neighbours who feel that their privacy is intruded, sure got TC come down and jijiwaiwai

Adt007

Reaction score
If the CCTV is towards your door (The whole frame is your door ONLY) dont need approval. But if it captures a bit of the corridors then need approval.

Worrying

Reaction score
Since me and my nok change num. Nothing. Even my workplace also nothing but still wary. Hoping it will stay this way. Ready for first day of raya tho. Thats when they say they would do something.

Last edited:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
So far.. No calls. None.
My NOK also did not receive any call
But always on guard.
Maybe my loan is a small amt and they dun bother.. Hopefully so. Its just $200

Good luck..my Al send me video of burning flat again..

Bamster78

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I have 2 cases.
Both i enquire but 1 of them says i must take up small loan first then will approve the amount I want. So transfer me 400 and ask me to pay $700 after 3 days. But then like u all. Kept deferring and deferring.
2nd case. Force me to take 1k. But if i dont want to consider the loan just return that 1k. Which indeed i return that 1 k the next day without interest. But it took him awhile for him to give me the account to transfer back. But he ask me next time support him if he needs help. After reading through the forum. I guess he needs my account for transfer.

For the 1st case. I forcefully return whatever he said was remaining to the account i transfer before. Then i told him i dont need the loan any more. Then he said they already prepared the loan for me. So case not close. I told him i wanted to loan the amount to help my friend. But my friend died. So no point getting the loan. And he still call. Then i replied him. I dont need the money and i have given you extra. If you still need more money. Pls go to the police. And i block him.

Today i am going to the police to report scam.
But i am worried if they will call my office or my NOK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.