[Official Thread] Ringgit Exchange Rate - Part 2

curlocks

Reaction score
Heard that it's better to change with fellow forumers than at money changer.. looking forward to changing more than 5k sgd every month. If you can give good rate kindly pm. Thanks.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its climbing again!

Sent from Samsung CURVED UHD S8 using GAGT

hwbest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bring atm card and credit cards along to genting, and change in Singapore first as you might need to buy food/drinks/candies/tidbits/etc on the way to genting

going to genting to gamble. preferable to change in genting or change money in Singapore?

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
money changer at genting very bad. spotted a 2.70 BUY SGD near the lockers at skyworld entrance

the changer is there not for your normal expenses. it is mostly for gambler that ran out of cash and dun want to draw from ATM.

You can keep the change receipt and change back the same value within 24 hoursz

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just noticed using sg dbs credit card last weekend and the conversion rate was 2.89

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the changer is there not for your normal expenses. it is mostly for gambler that ran out of cash and dun want to draw from ATM.

You can keep the change receipt and change back the same value within 24 hoursz

Change at this loser rate also hard to recoup.:s13:

kitkat2

Reaction score
i just noticed using sg dbs credit card last weekend and the conversion rate was 2.89

2.89? did you exclude the foreign fee?

exchange rates are set by card network. for visa, the rates for myr has been hovering around 2.96 for the past week.

fyi, 2.89 + 2.5% = 2.96.

franco8822

Reaction score
For credit cards, based on my experience it is not worth while to use. I tried swiping the credit card on a weekend and on a weekday. Based on my finding. Weekend rates usually very bad. Why cause banks are protecting themself due to forex fluctuations when markets open on Monday if you are using the card.

Weekdays usually banks will follow closely to the forex rates. But don’t forget that there is visa/MasterCard fees. I usually use cimb for bigger purchases in Malaysia. Otherwise prefer to use cash.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.